Status
Not open for further replies.

rico_reid

Almost Not a Noob
Feb 13, 2005
As much as the first trailer left me underwhelmed this new footage now has me genuinely excited. Still not entirely convinced by the Parallax storyline but this now has the look of a genuine EPIC!!

GoldZX

No Longer a Noob
Feb 8, 2001
I've really got my hopes up. I'm a huge fan of the current GL comics, but I don't need this movie to have perfect continuity. I just want it to be good.

Nov 20, 2009
much better then comic con indeed, though i'll keep my expectations low just the same so i know i can enjoy the movie.

Dec 9, 2009
There was hardly any new footage. It's was the same as the last trailer with more serious music behind it and dialogue. You can make a bad movie look good by the trailers. I'm not getting my hopes up.

Mar 26, 2011
Giddy like a schoolgirl (or a Nintendo fanboy finding out that the next Smash Bros. will have 100 playable character), but the mask, I'm not sold on the mask..

Mar 20, 2008
Gotta say, the footage looks a lot more promising than the original trailer. So much better. If this movie actually turns out good(which the new trailer gives me hope it might) it might just restore my faith in dc movies... actual dc movies. I realize the nolans batman films are technically dc, but they are in like a whole nother universe separate from the other DC films. I am a marvel guy, but this film looks like its shaping up to be something really good.

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
hmm, i thought this would look a lot worse. super hero suits...just always look so nerdy.

its a shame they've wasted so many good heros before it was decided to start making quality comic movies.

EarthRyno

Noob
Dec 24, 2009
This looks VERY promising now! Especially when compared to the original trailers. I got chills at the end of this from the excitement to the see this movie!

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
This actually looks good now. Some movies these days actually when i rent them i later on wish i had gone seen them on the big screen but due to a crappy trailer will change my mind. But this is actually a good Trailer making me interested in seeing this movie on the big screen.

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
This looks great I've only ever read Batman and GreenLantern , Peter David's Aquaman and the classic George perez run Teen Titans run in the DCU (exluding Vertigo )
I actually watched this for the second time and it gave me a better buzz than the Thor trailer which is also looking wicked.
My comic collection is about 70% MU 20% DCU and the rest independants so this is really got potential.
The Homeworld looks a lot like the Halo2 Covenant Homeworld which is great ... very similar in 3D.
This will be a great middle bookended with two Marvel Character Films then a bit later another MU film I'll probably see them all twice unless they end up like the FF which were both rubbbish just pitiful and insulting as a reader.
I think after this year I'll get the BluRays of all of them .

Dec 14, 2007
The first trailer made it look like this movie was gonna SUCK!! But after I saw this at wonder Con, I was SOLD!!! Then one of the guys at the booth showing this trailer on the floor said the movie's effects are still being touched up! Then he said it will be done and in theaters on time.

Beat_Bone

Noob
Mar 31, 2011
.....WOW! I ACTUALLY want to spend money seeing this movie now. Last teaser wasnt even worth my time. Still trying to get passed the fact that Ryan Reynolds is playing Hal.

Jun 17, 2009
AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!! After its absence for what seem like forever, WB releases footage that is actually fantastic. I now excited all over again for this.

czebinator

Noob
Apr 2, 2011
i have to admit, this footage looks alot better than the other stuff before this. makes me a little more interested in the movie.

Oct 16, 2010
Everything was CRAZY AWESOME even parallax, mark strong looks like he is the perfect match for Sinestro, the only thing that bugs my is the lack of the gaurdians, do you think they are holding back on them because they are concerned for how they look, or maybe they wont play as prominent a role?

jrayko

Noob
May 19, 2007
I have to say that WOWED me...i didnt expect it to look like that...and gettin the origin story right...im impressed and i will definitely see this in theaters

kerevon

Noob
Dec 18, 2010
Ye know, I gotta say, the gatling gun thing surprised me.

Not because Hal Jordan wouldn't be willing to kill (he's a space-cop and an air-force pilot, he's used to the idea by now) but because Hal Jordan really isn't that bright, so constructing a cannon is really impressive for him.

John Stewart, on the other hand, would have made an artillery cannon. With blueprints.

Oct 16, 2010
Speaking Of John Stewart ive been hearing rumors(most likely BS) of a short John Stewart and Clark Kent cameo has anyone else heard about this?

choco27

Noob
Apr 4, 2011
I've never heard of any rumors about John Stewart or clark kent, but I would love Kent to make an appearance in this. Or at least to hear the guardians make mention of a kryptonian on earth

Throatslit

Noob
Mar 6, 2011
Never been interested in green lantern that much...till now. I believe this will make a very good impression upon a lot of people unfamiliar with the character/lore. <---such as my ignorant ass.

crazydiamond75

Prime Member
Oct 29, 2009
Wow, that looks good! The special effects on Oa are very good, I'm incredibly excited for this. But I have a feeling it'll end up having an underwhelming villain and final battle, much like Iron Man did.

alucard41

Noob
May 3, 2010
gosh i wished reynolds never did that deadpool stint in that crapppy wolverine movie. This kinda looks promising.

Jul 3, 2005
All I can really say is I have been watching the final season of "Smallville", and when they introduced Booster Gold, I realized Ryan Reynolds was born to play that super hero. Can't picture him as Hal Jordan/Green Lantern. Doesn't work me like it once did. Hope the movie does well. I'll rent it.

KLGChaos

No Longer a Noob
Oct 9, 2001
The only issue I've really had so far is the costume. No while gloves, TOES showing instead of boots. The whole point of the Lantern rings is that it's super-science... not some organic-looking thing. Whoever decided to mess around with the costume like this is as bad as the person who decided the Batman and Robin costumes needed nipples. When will they learn you don't need to play around with the costumes that much? Casual people who don't read the comic books won't even notice and instead they'll be wondering why he has Hulk feet... all you'll do is tick off the real fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.