Status
Not open for further replies.

grayjehuty

Noob
Jan 2, 2009
This movie looks really good probably the best looking super hero to get the full comic book feel. I hope the new directors of Superman are taking notes because this is what the fans are looking for in super hero movies fantasy not reality.

smeigal737

Noob
Mar 3, 2010
Im not sure why people are bitching about this movie. The first trailer looked great and this footage looked even better. Definitely seeing this when it comes out.

pctsou

Noob
Feb 5, 2010
i just regained some hope for this movie, no matter what i was always gona watch it in theaters, but no im expecting it to be good, at least decent.

good trailer.

Aug 12, 2008
i am surprised at how good the movie looks. when i first heard Ryan Reynolds was playing the green lantern i was put off. After seeing the trailer i have changed my mind. looks really good

DarkUltra

Noob
Apr 1, 2011
I also agree I got new hope for this movie and the trailer was pretty good.I've been hoping they would do a good live-action movie and this looks really good!

txmoney

Noob
Apr 2, 2011
Dress up a pig with colorful CGI and lipstick and what do you get? A colorful CGI pig with lipstick.

There is absolutely NO hope for this film.

Prediction: 52 million domestic. 33 million international. Total Worldwide Gross: 85 million.
Final Prediction: Box office FLOP

No amount of fanboy wishes and guarantees to see it will rescue this joke of a movie.

Venomous2

No Longer a Noob
Nov 15, 2000
This movie is looking better with every other trailer I see for it. As a fan of comics (but not a die-hard reader), i'll admit I'm holding most DC movies to that candle that is JL/JLU, BTAS, and STAS. So far, so good.

J

jrau18

Original poster
@txmoney
You're not counting the average movie goer. Fanboys would rake in about 50 million domestic total. There aren't as many of us as you'd think. This movie will, at worst, do around 300 million. And if it continues looking better, it'll do 85 domestic opening weekend. The only reason they cater movies to us at all is because they're (executives at DC and Marvel, not at Disney and Warner) fanboys themselves.

@ZBaksh386
The main villain is Parallax because Hammond can't carry a movie.

Mar 28, 2011
i got to say Timothy Olyphant would have made a better Hal.. mainly cause of his crazed grin and the gray he now has on his sides... that id sat Ryan Reynolds is a little young but thats just me..

junpark91

Noob
Dec 9, 2010
@HermioneRanger

1. Brad Pitt did a voiceover for Sinbad completely different from atually looking and physically acting out the character.
2. Christian Bale didn't play Jesus dumbfcuk
3. Everyone has the right to their own fcuking opinion about it so YOU STFU!

Nov 25, 2009
I'm just really not interested in this film. I'll probably go see it out of curiosity because I'm a huge Green Lantern fan, but I'll be going into this with some pretty low expectations. Everything about this movie has had me worried from day one. From the casting of Ryan Rynolds (they should've went with Bradley Cooper IMO), to them moving production to New Orleans instead of shooting in Sydney to save money (and I live in New Orleans and let me tell you it is no Coast City, and no movie like this should be shot here), to the ridiculous looking costumes. And nothing in the trailer or this WonderCon footage was really Impressive to me. The CGI looks cheap/fake as hell (where'd the budget go?), the costumes look really bad as I said, the dialogue is cheesy, and just as I suspected, we see Ryan Rynolds doing yet another spot on portrayal of Ryan Reynolds. I think that's why most people might've preferred him as the Flash as apposed to GL because he just can't seem to stop with the jokes. And while I guess any good comic book movie should have a healthy amount of comic relief amidst all the action, drama, darkness and what not, Hal Jordan is no fucking comedian. But apparently no one told Ryan Reynolds that. I'll give it a chance when it comes out as I've said, and who knows, it might surprise me and even win me over, but my gut tells me they really screwed this one up. All this has gotten me thinking about Warner Bros. and how every major DC movie they make seems to range from mindfuckingly awful unintentional comedy at worst (see: Batman & Robin, Superman IV: The Quest For Peace, Batman Forever) to O.K. but still not quite right at best (see: Tim Burton's Batman films, 'Superman Returns'). I mean with the exception of Nolan's Bat films, they haven't produced a good comic book movie since Superman II. Burton's Batman films got it wrong, Shumacher's films (I can't even type "films" without laughing) sodomized the character, Superman 3&4 were just unwatchable, they haven't been able to get Wonder Woman or Flash off the ground, and now Green Lantern looks to be another miss for them, and some of the news that's been reported about Zack Snyder's Superman (and now JLA?) have me worried. The only good major DC character movies have been Batman Begins & The Dark Knight, and that's only because they were LUCKY enough to get such talent like the Nolans and David Goyer behind it, and Warner. Bros has enough sense not to creatively interfere with those movies only because they're so afraid of pissing off Nolan (as they should be cause if they loose him they're fucked). So when you break it down, every DC movie they've produced since Superman II without Nolan behind the camera has sucked or been pretty disappointing (and I'm not counting Watchmen, Red, 300 or any other obscure properties). This tells me they don't really understand or appreciate what they have, so I'm not surprised when I see awful looking footage like this Green Lantern crap. - End Rant.

KayleL

Noob
Jan 30, 2011
That preview is much better than the earlier trailers. It actually looked better than the Thor trailer.

Feb 5, 2009
Lol, "your mask will only appear when you have to mask your identity". Because covering up your eyes and top of your nose will make you indistinguishable...

Feb 28, 2010
was anyone else really bothered by his cgi eyes when it does a close-up of him with the mask? It looks so bad, like his eyes are glass...but the trailer as a whole does look a lot better, just a bit on the corny side.

gozhven

Noob
Mar 30, 2008
I'm sorry. I just cant take Ryan Reynolds serious in this role. They should have got a super mature, serious, GQ, strong statured, square jawed actor and done this a little more seriously. So much potential ruined.

May 21, 2010
Umm, did I hear the effects weren't finished quite yet? Oh, that's right I did. So stop complaining about the effects. Also, Ryan Reynolds isn't that bad for this role. Hal Jordan was a light-hearted kind of guy. I think this movie will be fantastic.

jcorle00

Noob
Sep 27, 2007
It's a great time to be a GL fan!!!

"They should have got a super mature, serious, GQ, strong statured, square jawed actor and done this a little more seriously. So much potential ruined.
Posted by: gozhven on April 02, 2011 20:13 PDT"

Except that's not who Green Lantern is at all.

Fracassi

Noob
Jun 21, 2009
Wow, I am so excited to finally see a movie where I can stare at Ryan Reynolds junk for two hours. Bat-nipples got nothin' on this one.

Jul 26, 2009
Eh. whats-his-face isn't really doing it for me, he just seems a little out of character. I pegged him as one of those crumby romantic comedy actors.

Vladimon

Noob
Jul 28, 2010
So people will enjoy shit sandwitches and ask for seconds like sucker punch... the effects actually look good (good job on the CG costume) and that it might actually have "Plot"... I guess there's not enough cladly dressed girls to spike some people's level of interest

Vladimon

Noob
Jul 28, 2010
@SciFiJunkie

I am a fan of green lantern as well... but the source material is pretty cheesy and light hearted if you think about it... plus the aliens always looked pretty cartoony themselves... namely a a squirrel in suspendors... and may seem silly (even to comic book standards) I agree with the costume... but it has improved leaps and bounds since the last trailer... Plus Geoff Johns is overlooking the project... so instead of blaming those "producers fat cats" maybe the comic industry will have a hand in this one.

Pantz

Super Star
Oct 25, 2010
Your mom's box
I still don't think the effects look convincing enough. Especially that part where GL swoops down and does that kick. It just looks bad and I see so much CGI to the point where it completely pulls me out of the movie. Oh, and stop with the Suckerpunch comparisons now. I's already old.

daniel6789

Noob
May 23, 2009
To the person who said "I hope it gets 3d treatment"...It says at the end "Green Lanturn in 3D" in big writing.

StaxIGN

Noob
Feb 5, 2011
@HermioneRanger @junpark91

Actually, Christian Bale DID play Jesus in the 1999 TV movie Mary, Mother of Jesus: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0214930/

So be careful before you call someone a dumbfuck. :)

williamsp

Noob
Jun 19, 2007
Reinkaos929, I was going to say the exact opposite. I don't know the comic book that well, but well enough to get excited about this. I really hope this doesn't let us down.

Status
Not open for further replies.