Dec 15, 2009
i guess i'll just download the first one and pick up the HD collection and #4 when i spare time and money. also, im getting Uncharted 3 tomorrow!!! [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

extext

'n author
Oct 3, 2005
The ultimate edition has just that! A code to download MGS1, MG1, and MG2, as well as a copy of MGS4. Although I think they're of limited quantity and expensive as hell...

So lucky. Whatever you do, don't. Spoil. ANYTHING. [face_talk_hand]

Dec 15, 2009
well first Elena turns into a European swallow and goes back in time to medieval africa where she carries coconuts from africa to europe and.....
come on lol i wouldn't spoil anything.

aexyas

I can't control myself
Aug 31, 2008
Lol extext, I noticed we both have earned the same trophies in GOW III. Both 47 % haha.

extext

'n author
Oct 3, 2005
Hawhahehohehoehhah. Have you started the campaign yet?

And that's interestin'. I just beat the game and that was it for me. I think if I did any trophy hunting, it was just for one or two.

Dec 15, 2009
yeah, i played the first four chapters. im going to play more tonight. im goin through on hard for the first run through, and then i'll go through crushing and get all the treasures, and then imma do the gun trophies on easy and get the platinum :D

roosterjcogburn

Almost Not a Noob
Apr 6, 2010
Irish immigrant to USA
I always play it on easy the first time through so I can just drink in the awesomeness without, y'know, dying. Plus, I probably suck at Uncharted now because I've been playing the first two with tweaks [face_blush]

Although it was kind of a kick in the balls getting the trophy for beating U2 on Easy.

"Congratulations, you've beaten the game on the lowest difficulty. Here's your silver bunny rabbit as a prize. Candy-ass."
"Hey!"

roosterjcogburn

Almost Not a Noob
Apr 6, 2010
Irish immigrant to USA
phuzzypenguin said:
roosterjcogburn said:
I didn't honestly have too much trouble with Uncharted 2 even on Crushing. Drake's Fortune, however, was a bitch.
Amen, brotha
Although I actually did it twice. Nostalgic feelings setting in, I went to replay Drake's Fortune and I was logged on to PSN when I started (which I rarely am) so I downloaded the patch it showed up with, not realizing it added trophies to the game. Call me compulsive, but it bugged me to death knowing I'd have a zero percent trophy list for stuff I'd already done. So I fired that bitch up on Crushing and had it platinumed by Friday night.

Dec 15, 2009
lol just finished uncharted 3 on hard! now for my crushing playthrough. The gun trophies are gonna be a bitch with no tweaks but i'll get it done ;)

extext

'n author
Oct 3, 2005
With new iterations of tech comes lower prices on whatever came before. So I think I'm getting an iPhone 4 tonight. :)

roosterjcogburn

Almost Not a Noob
Apr 6, 2010
Irish immigrant to USA
So what are you guys thinking about Grand Theft Auto V? I didn't think IV was as great as people made it out to be. The gun mechanics and health bars seemed out-of-place, but Red Dead fixed those issues. You think they'll carry those improvements over?

KarenPrada

Whiskey, neat.
Mar 20, 2004
I didn't like GTA IV because it felt like Sims with the Mob. I don't want to babysit anyone in a video game.

extext

'n author
Oct 3, 2005
roosterjcogburn said:
So what are you guys thinking about Grand Theft Auto V?
I'm really looking forward to the trailer, that's for sure. Ideally for myself, they'll polish everything while bringing the game somewhere the franchise hasn't gone before. Like an extremely far out time period in the way RDR was in the early 1900s, and/or somewhere unprecedented for a GTA game - jungle environments, space colonies, etcetera.

I think it's about time Rockstar steers in a totally new direction (albeit while staying true to the sandbox roots) and bring this new game to the far future or to an underwater city like Bioshock, or something (not necessarily that, but that's the extent of which I'd like to see V venture away to).

But I get the inkling from looking at the American-dollar texture of the V that it'll take place during the present, in some Liberty City-esque setting. Every numbered GTA has taken place in Liberty City, no?

roosterjcogburn

Almost Not a Noob
Apr 6, 2010
Irish immigrant to USA
GTA needs to stay in the modern urban world. It would be neat to see Rockstar tackle a totally original timeline/setting, just not with GTA. That said, I heard rumors that V's story would play out in an LA-esque city. Maybe a return to San Andreas?

extext

'n author
Oct 3, 2005
That's actually true. I'd like to see 'em with another IP on the kinda stuff I mentioned. If they revisit a previous setting, I'd like for it to be in Vice City in the 80s again. Modernize it with contemporary physics, mechanics, graphics. That tropical stuff.

Dec 15, 2009
exactly. and yea only five more posts! i havent even gotten my second star or skull or whatever and ive been a member for two years [face_rolling_eyes]

extext

'n author
Oct 3, 2005
I'm like laughing in my head at how you both said crack. No offense, though! It just seems like a strange word to use, talking about posting and stuff. Heh.

Aw, you edited it. /: Well, my 10,000th post will probably be here. And there's no shame in having a low post count. It shows that you're not that active on the boards, which I think is neat, considering I've seen people with upwards of 80k and everything.

Dec 15, 2009
extext said:
I'm like laughing in my head at how you both said crack. No offense, though! It just seems like a strange word to use, talking about posting and stuff. Heh.

Aw, you edited it. /: Well, my 10,000th post will probably be here. And there's no shame in having a low post count. It shows that you're not that active on the boards, which I think is neat, considering I've seen people with upwards of 80k and everything.
haha yeah because i noticed i had already CRACKED 200 [face_cool]

extext

'n author
Oct 3, 2005
Hm, maybe they keep the icons for a while, even after Halloween. Sorta like how people still have their Halloween and Christmas decorations out a few days after the actual holiday, I guess.

I have released the Kraken. Cracked 10,000 after almost six years of posting! I first came here asking a question about Nintendogs on the original DS. My main boards were the Metroid Prime Hunters board and the Wii Lobby in the past. Nowadays I normally stick to this CT and the Vesti.

Here's to rooster, phuzz, and aexyas. ~o)

Also, I wanna some day give Arkham Asylum and Arkham City a go, rooster. And do you guys mind if I refer to you that way? Or...

extext

'n author
Oct 3, 2005
I only wish I could legally go out and get some drinks. Hehe.

Anyone else have a smartphone? I'm loving my iPhone 4.

extext

'n author
Oct 3, 2005
I'm 19, and I believe in the US and one other country, the legal drinking age is 21. Everywhere else I think is 18.
But here's the thing, from what I understand, a lot of countries' driving age is later on than over in the states, which is 15 and a half I think. LAWL LAWL.

roosterjcogburn

Almost Not a Noob
Apr 6, 2010
Irish immigrant to USA
Yeah, you can call me Rooster. It's my nickname in real life, so... [face_tongue]

But yeah, our age restrictions are kind of a joke over here in the States. At 15 and a half, you can get your temporary driver license and can only drive if you have a parent in the passenger seat until you get your full license at 16. And at 18, you can vote in national elections and join the military, but you can't have a beer for three more years [face_plain]

Dec 15, 2009
roosterjcogburn said:
Yeah, you can call me Rooster. It's my nickname in real life, so... [face_tongue]

But yeah, our age restrictions are kind of a joke over here in the States. At 15 and a half, you can get your temporary driver license and can only drive if you have a parent in the passenger seat until you get your full license at 16. And at 18, you can vote in national elections and join the military, but you can't have a beer for three more years [face_plain]
for real lol i wrote an essay in english the other day about this.

roosterjcogburn

Almost Not a Noob
Apr 6, 2010
Irish immigrant to USA
Well yeah, I mean... At 18 they'll let you join the military, give you guns and send you off to fight the country's wars, but if they catch you drinking beer they'll take you to jail. Makes no sense to me, but I'm 23 now, so... :D

nikedunks77

I Am So EXCLUSIVE
Jun 8, 2007
[hl=orange]Uncharted 3 Collector's Edition![/hl]

[image=http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o122/princekel77/IMG_20111101_195954.jpg] [image=http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o122/princekel77/IMG_20111101_200011.jpg]

[image=http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o122/princekel77/IMG_20111101_200715.jpg] [image=http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o122/princekel77/IMG_20111101_200748.jpg]

[image=http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o122/princekel77/IMG_20111101_201032.jpg] [image=http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o122/princekel77/IMG_20111101_201217.jpg]

nikedunks77

I Am So EXCLUSIVE
Jun 8, 2007
Lol...Uncharted is like the best franchise for me on the PS3. I have the first and second one. I'm on Chapter 7 now, lol.

Dec 15, 2009
i finished that hoe up. it gets even better in the later chapters. in other news, even of you guys interested in clanning up with me? I could definitely use the help

SBv2

Perma'd
May 2, 2009
Cananada
Is this board active? I don't want to become a regular here then find out it is dead most of the time *cough Assassin's Creed board cough*. [face_mischief]