slipnslide619

No Longer a Noob
Apr 6, 2005
^^^^^^

Yeah, you're rubbing off as a fanboy too, same with that Jacket Devil guy.

I guess the lasting appeal was an 8.5 because it was released later, but with the same content plus the extra maps and stuff, I think it should be a 9(or 9.5)

kgribbon

Noob
May 20, 2003
a7x-chapter4, your just as bad as Full Devil Jacket, and your typing is terrible. Learn to type before you post more. And I know 10 with 360 who are all on their first... well one guy is on his second because his house got hit by lightning; fried his 360, and every other electronic device. Insurance replaced it, and M$ fixed his broken one, now he has two 360. Worked out pretty well. I think the 360 death rate is over exaggerated.
But kudos to Ubisoft for making a game that lives up to it's previous version, PS3's F.E.A.R. was just sad.

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
lol what the fu*k? IT IS A GAME WHO CARES IF IT SCORED .6 LESS THAN THE XBOX?????
guys its a game, go out there and buy it! im lovin the game its sweeeet. the graphics are good, I really dont see sh*t wrong with them. hey we've only been on the market for like 6 months while the xbox was out for a year and 2 months. just wait till march 2008 the ps3 will be the biggest system out mark my words. im not a fanboy I really dont care just like playing video games with pals but what the fu*k why rant for so long bc of .6 points? lol!

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
lol what the fu*k? IT IS A GAME WHO CARES IF IT SCORED .6 LESS THAN THE XBOX?????
guys its a game, go out there and buy it! im lovin the game its sweeeet. the graphics are good, I really dont see sh*t wrong with them. hey we've only been on the market for like 6 months while the xbox was out for a year and 2 months. just wait till march 2008 the ps3 will be the biggest system out mark my words. im not a fanboy I really dont care just like playing video games with pals but what the fu*k why rant for so long bc of .6 points? lol!

rondrecat

Noob
Apr 28, 2005
Maybe i dunno know BECAUSE IT CAME OUT ON THE 360 FIRST ! ITS NOTHING NEW BESIDE THE PS3 VERSION HAS ITS PROMBLEMS

rondrecat

Noob
Apr 28, 2005
Personally unless you luv blueray i think it will take an idiot or a diehard sonyfanboy to get a PS3
over the 360 and dont called me a fanboy because last gen i was rooting for the Ps2. But the 360 CLEARLY HAS BETTER GAMES.PERSONALLY THIS GEN 90% OF 3RD PARTY WILL BE CROSS PLATFORM WHICH MADE ON THE 360 THEN PORTED TO THE PS3 OR A RUSH PRODUCT.IF DEVELOPERS DO WANNA TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE PS3 HARDWARE IT COULD BE MONTHS DELAYED.FOR THE TIME BEING THE PS3 HAS NO ADVANTAGE OVER THE 360 WHAT SO EVER IN GAMES OR ONLINE.I DONT THINK MANY DEVELOPERS WILL MAKE EXCLUSIVE GAMES FOR THE PS3 CONSIDER HOW HARD IT IS TO MAKE GAMES FOR IT AND COST REASON.IT WILL BE ENTIRELY UP TO SONY AND MICROSOFT FIRST PARTY.

rondrecat

Noob
Apr 28, 2005
BY THE WAY I HAVE A SURVEY IN GAMEINFORMER WHICH ASK WHICH SYSTEM ARE YOU MOST INTERESTED IN DEVELOPING FOR .
XBOX 360 36%
PS3 16%
WII 32%
DS 5%
PSP 5%
PC 5%

THAT BEING SAID ITS MORE THEN LIKELY THAT THE WII AND THE 360 WILL GET MORE 3RD PARTY SUPPORT AND THE FACT THAT THE PS3 NOT EXACTLY FLYING OFF THE SHELF
AND BEING A REAL PAIN IN THE ASS TO MAKE GAMES FOR
WILL ONLY MAKE THING WORST FOR SONY AND ITS FANBOYS.
WII WHICH SEEMS TO BE DOING QUITE WILL ARE GAINING
MORE 3RD PARTY SUPPORT THEN EVER. THIS IS A REAL SURVEY TAKEN FROM G.I FROM 3RD PARTY

Mar 2, 2005
LOL...you guys are hilarious...this thread is so pointless. I knew I'd get some jackass (A7x-Chapter4) all fired up with my post earlier. Afterall, that was the point. I honestly could care less about these console wars. I'm really not a fanboy at all, I'm just a smart shopper whose not about to blow 600+ dollars on a system whose best games are nothing more than slightly inferior ports. Once the PS3 actually puts out some great exclusive games, I'll consider trading in my 360 for one. Honestly though, right now, the PS3 has nothing on the Xbox game wise...you would have to be an ignorant fool/fanboy(I love that word) to say otherwise. I havent ruled Sony out yet, but so far I'm unimpressed. Anyway, thats my opinion...not that it matters, and neither do any of yours...so lets all just be happy with the systems we've spent out hard earned money on, and shut the **** up. Hows that sound.... you crazy little bastards. Oh and by the way, A7x-Chapter4....yes, I am a joke. And no..I'm not a smart guy, but I am smarter than you : )

Nov 24, 2005
Ok Rondrecat, first stop typing in caps. Second go back to the highschool you dropped out of and pass english class. Third, Its just a survey.

Jan 24, 2007
I own all 3 platforms! The Ps3 runs better looks better and has more features then the 360! What more do you idiots need!
These topics are all retarded and Im tired of hearing "my 360 is better" Just because u spent over 700$ total on a pile of obsolete garbage. You will never get justification for obsolecence! LOL
IGN=XBOT Fanboys

Jan 24, 2007
I own all 3 platforms! The Ps3 runs better looks better and has more features then the 360! What more do you idiots need!
These topics are all retarded and Im tired of hearing "my 360 is better" Just because u spent over 700$ total on a pile of obsolete garbage. You will never get justification for obsolecence! LOL
IGN=XBOT Fanboys

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
It likely scored lower on lasting appeal becuase a big part of enjoying online play over and over again is the social aspect. Since there is a mic problem (and most people on ps3 are douche bags and dont have a mic, what a turd pay 500-600 dollars for a console and cant buy a damn $20 headset but i digressed) it makes it hard to enjoy the online. Sure the single player is the same but no one plays the single player that long. Most people go through a campaign 3 times...tops. So for lasting appeal online is what matters. If you cant even communicate with people it seriously detracts from that experiance. oh and heres my word to all the "my consoles better" bullshit. what makes it better nothing they all have there ups and downs. they all appeal to someone elses taste. My view is right now 360 has the best games and wii has alot of innovative and fun games. Ps3 is still in it's infancy i.e. the lack of games and online features. I personally prefer my 360 right now but I believe given a year, year and a half ps3 will overcome it. look at what microsoft is planning right now iptv and maybe internet browser. i dont see iptv going over well as it will likely be unreasonably priced. that just leaves internet browser, well ps3 has that already. They are working on creating improvements to their psn and community experiance. Microsoft has the leg up on that. so they will balance out. then it will come down to games. right now there are a few good ones coming not a great deal. However in the long run the ps3's bluray and hardware will pay off. 360 will meet its technological limits long before ps3 so that is when ps3 will shine. they will put out the more technological robust games and if they can properly organize their online with more headset support and community building programs they will eventually come out on top. I'm no tech expert so i dont know when this power swing will occur at least a year though. as for the wii i see it riding shotgun with 360 after ps3 takes the lead. If they take the lead, it will take some aggresive management and innovation but it definatly could be done. sorry about the long post guys.

Tree92

Noob
Aug 21, 2005
Seriously guys, why do you people constantly trash the PS3 like this? Sure it's current state is not that great, but within the next few months to come, it has some games coming out that have great potential. Don't you remember when the 360 was in this situation about a year ago? Well I honestly don't understand why the PS3 gets so much hating. Look at it this way, if the 360 came bundled with all the features the PS3 offers, it would cost just as much as a PS3: XBox 360=$400, Wireless Adapter=$100, HDDVD Player=$200. Altogether you're looking at $700, where as the PS3 comes with all these features built inside. So there's no reason to complain about the PS3's $600 price tag, unless you want to complain about the 360's as well. I mean sure the 360 has awesome games like Gears of War and Crackdown, but it has also had a year in advance. The PS3 isn't as bad as you guys think it is. Just give it time, it will catch up.

Billkwando

Noob
Jun 11, 2007
I own a 360 and a Wii and honestly I hope the PS3 does really well, if only to encourage competition and to stop MicrotransactionSoft from trying to take advantage of us.

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
What i dont understand is i own a ps3 resistance and oblivion grafics are fine etc etc. but what i dont understand is ps3 has soo much more power and it still gets framerate glitches and grfical letdowns which to me is so ANNOYING! because thats what fanboys live off this can do this and this can do that so all the people who owned a ps2 now have a 360 or a wii where i think: did you even look at why the ps3 already sold record numbers in the first two days more than 360 more than the wii and you know what... it was worth every penny 1 problem i dont have many mates with ps3s whereas 360 owners do+ 1 more thing 360's format is a completely old format so eveyone is in familiar territory but ps3 is different and 'harder' to make on. So my comment for the day is: make a game for 360 and it will be awesome no matter what (terms of graics and stuff) whereas ps3 is ether crap or spot on, just put a bit of extra elbow greece in and what do you know... a blockbuster.

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
Oh and im getting Rainbow six because im not excactly going to zoom in on slot machines i just want them to look real enough so i can think 'Oh thats a slot machine' simple right.

Oct 29, 2005
Yet another ps3 game that was out on the 360 several months ago and looks worse on the mighty ps3.

http://www.gamingbits.com/content/view/2191/2/
watch the video comparison.

traxxadeth

Dealer Of Deth
Jun 29, 2007
I own both systems and I also just bought Vegas for the PS3 (I've had it for awhile on the 360). I must admit that I thought the PS3 version would be better but it's not even close. I don't remember the launch of the 360 being as horrible as it's been for the PS3 and I'm wondering if developers will ever get a decent game out on the PS3. Mine is doing nothing but collecting dust while everyone in my household opts for the 360 over the PS3. It's not going to be long and my PS3 is going to get sold to buy an elite. Cmon guys and put something out that's better than the 360. I've heard about how powerful the PS3 is but it does no good when developers don't know how to use it!!! I was excited to see Rainbow finally coming out for the PS3 but do yourself a favor. If you already have a 360 and this game, don't waste your money on the PS3 version.

labridae

Noob
Jun 29, 2007
just purchased rainbow 6 for PS3. the graphics are frankly awful. graphically RFOM is a far superior game. Having invested alot of money £1000 quid on an hd tv £400 quid on PS3 £50 quid on a game. why the hell should I down scale the image quality to be able to play the game clearly. Ubisoft get your act together. very very disapointed unless they produce a patch dont waste your money!

oddworld7

Noob
Sep 4, 2000
What the Cell happened?
the in-helicopter view looks flat compared to the flashy lights of the city on 360

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
I recently rented R6: Vegas, and I'm very pscyhed about it. When i played it on PS3 i was amazed, and i loved it. However, when it came for time to go online and play with my bro, i realized that there was no online splitscreen...and i was like, "CRAP!". It made me a bit mad to see this game be delayed A LOT of times for PS3, and now it doesnt have online splitscreen? PLEASE UBISOFT, add it now! I LOVE the game BUT i cant stand w/o online splitscreen...if not, no worries :D theres Warhawk, however im tempted to get a 360--but i think i will wait?

C7CozmicShredder

Prime Member
Jan 30, 2002
Dont buy the PS3 version i already took mine back to Blockbuster and it looks like a watered down xbox360 version. The city isnt as nice to look at anymore, from the flat looking lights, to the flat looking cars and a serious edge problem. and it froze up while i was in the middle of a terrorist hunt game. 360 one still is my fav.

oh yeah, for ppl who dont know you can download all that bonus content on xbox live now.

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
I just bought my copy of Rainbow 6 for the PS3 and it is graphically horrible...it looks like a cheap PS2 version...I returned it and was lucky enough to get my money back for it...what the hell was ubisoft doing? I learned a lesson..DONT buy a game before you rent it first and try it out....OR YOU'LL BE SORRY!!

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
you know i have both 360 and PS3, and i try to give PS3 the benefit of being better graphically buts , after fear and after BUYING RB6 HOURS AGO , I REALIZED I WILL GO ON AND BUY GHOST reacon FOR 360 I'M NOT Waiting FOR CRAP AGAIN,
...................I SHOULD OF BOUGHT MY I PHONE IN STEAD ,, THANKS UBISOFT AND SONY

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
Honestly, any game made by Ubisoft in the last 2 years isn't worth getting. I.E Splinter Cell DA (PC/360 Version).

UBISOFT can't port games, and SCConviction looks like a stupid brawler. Stop giving Ubisoft money to make sub-par games.

Rigglord

Noob
Nov 11, 2001
You just can't rely on the PS3 anymore. Every time something new comes out, more problems arise. Ubisoft games are supposed to be high end and have amazing graphics. This game looks horrible on PS3. I'll just stick with my 360. I haven't had a problem with it yet. Except I played it once for over 6 hours and it kind of broke. I knew I shouldn't of left the ac off in 90 degree weather.

lp47

Noob
Aug 26, 2006
I didnt like how IGN gave PS3 way lower rating. But i bought the game the next day and it was awesome. I stilll like the game even though the rating wasnt as high as 360. Resistance is still my fav by far( new maps are awesome) and Ninga Gaiden with a 9.3 is sweet! but if you want a good game for your p3 pick this one up. Its really differnt from resistance gameplay though.

lp47

Noob
Aug 26, 2006
Hey e3trevsco it isnt sonys fault for ubisoft making a shitty port. Ubisoft needs to wake up and not be so lazy with there porting and there devolping for the ps3.

tnalder

Pope of Chili Town
Jan 23, 2004
Untill the PS3 has a larger install base you will for the most part continue to see crappy ports from 3rd party publishers. It just doesn't make sense financially to spend the money on an optomized PS3 version, unless you own a PS3 that is. It won't sell as many copies and the dev and publisher may not make the money that they want on the game. You do have to remember that it is a business and their goal is to make money.

Jan 16, 2007
Once again Ubisoft did it- one more crappy game. Not only did they destroy Splinter Hell but now they did it again. Rainbow Six is a great game, no doubt about it, but come on Ubisoft. What are you guys being for?? It can't be the graphics. Why do you guys not concentrate on giving gamers what they want?? Seriously we don't want a game with poor graphics. If Ubisoft don't change the graphics from the 1 year old 360-version, then why should we wait?? What is the problem?? It is the same as 360. Why even bother if they don't improve the game. That is just too pathetic

Jan 30, 2007
Why is everyone so pissed? This obviously isn't a crappy port- 8.7? That isn't bad, and since this the PS3 version is being reviewed by a different person than the 360, they're going to have different opinions. Just because it looks a little worse than the 360 or PC version doesn't mean its crappy.

recky03

Noob
Jun 9, 2006
I won't get into detail, but ubisoft in general is horrible at developing games that I once loved playing till they took over them. They need to get into shape and stop F-ing around...

GTA3AVCASA

I give you a five minute window.
Apr 21, 2005
Why is everyone so pissed? This obviously isn't a crappy port- 8.7? That isn't bad, and since this the PS3 version is being reviewed by a different person than the 360, they're going to have different opinions. Just because it looks a little worse than the 360 or PC version doesn't mean its crappy.

___

Thank you!!! Also I'd like to point out that the PS3 reviewer was a Playstation Team Member(I think...). I doubt they prefer Xbox over their home console.

sm00thpapa

Prime Member
May 10, 2002
One things for sure, you wont have to worry about it freezing every 5 minutes like on the 360.

rondrecat

Noob
Apr 28, 2005
Posted by: massivefooter
''Ok Rondrecat, first stop typing in caps. Second go back to the highschool you dropped out of and pass english class. Third, Its just a survey.
Ok Rondrecat, first stop typing in caps. Second go back to the highschool you dropped out of and pass english class. Third, Its just a survey....

SO I GUESS YOU DONT CARE ABOUT PS3 EXCLUSIVE THEN BECAUSE THIS REPRESENT 3RD PARTY SUPPORT

Jan 24, 2007
I am astonished the IGN team rates Rainbow on the 360 higher than the ps3 version even though theres like shit loads of more features in the ps3 version! All other sites gave Rainbow 9.0 and higher EVERYWHERE!
IGN=XBOT FANBOYS

Mar 16, 2007
Well, it's a touchy subject, but i have felt that IGN tends to favor xbox games. This whole port over thing is really lame, although i can understand where developers are comming from. Just remember guys, there is yet to be a game that has shown the ps3's full potential! We've seen the 360's with Gears, let's see what this bad boy can do. Here's to hoping Killzone 2 does this platform some justice! Also, did you guys know the fastes computer in existance was made by IBM recently, and it uses ps3 technology?? Sweetness!

Mar 10, 2007
IGN does not favor xbox games. The reason this version got a lower rating than the 360 version is because they were revieved by 2 different editors. When Chris rated this he didnt look at or care about what the 360 version was rated. He rated it according to what he thought of the game itself.
The same thing happened with the ps3 version of Oblivion. All u ps3 fanboys got all mad cause it was rated .1 of a point lower, which if yall would've listened to the IGN is AFK: March Under Review podcast, yall would've heard the part about him being asked why he rated it lower. He said exactly what I told yall. He didn't care about the 360 versions rating.

jansy03

Noob
Feb 12, 2006
dam 8months difference and still having bad graphics compare to xbox 360? ps3 you are doing a great job!

tgan71

Noob
Jul 7, 2007
I wait patiently for a 7 months product that is overdue and I finish it in 5 days? What a joke!

Feb 3, 2005
The reason the ps3 version is slightly inferior graphically is beacuse it was a port of a 360 game. If It had been built from the ground up it most likely would have surpassed the 360 version, I'm glad there are a few exclusive maps and its actually a very good port. I mean oblivion was superior to the 360 version which to me was a huge suprise, hopefully next time they will be built alongside one another equalling in similar graphics and content.

Feb 3, 2005
Well with rainbow six vegas, splinter cell and a ciuple of others. The games were PORTED by the company, it saved them time and money rather than completely redoing the game. And I though resistance, motorstorm and ridge racer (the ones I have) are very good and graphically very impresive. Blueachilles I'm not trying to start one of those "console wars" here.