Jan 1, 2001
Construct wasn't a pet. It was a mechanized companion.

Pets are officially back, albeit there's only one for free at the moment. There are 3 more that are immediately available if you pre-order Vessel of Hatred as well as a big cat mount, so there's also hope for being able to ride wolves at some point.

Glad to see this kind of personalization and customization finally coming to the game.

Love my pet already, especially since it looks like my old dog...
Wait what pet did you get? Or did you preorder to get the pet?

dogwitch

No Longer a Noob
Dec 5, 2013
Construct wasn't a pet. It was a mechanized companion.

Pets are officially back, albeit there's only one for free at the moment. There are 3 more that are immediately available if you pre-order Vessel of Hatred as well as a big cat mount, so there's also hope for being able to ride wolves at some point.

Glad to see this kind of personalization and customization finally coming to the game.

Love my pet already, especially since it looks like my old dog...
the construct was beta testing the pet mechanics.
anyhow am almost at lvl 88.
i also did a respec of the necro skills.
so thorns,tons of buff for minions,decomp and under a certain health creatures blow up.

Vega_Obscura

Cursed Mod
โ˜… MOD
Mar 1, 2002
WeHo
the construct was beta testing the pet mechanics.
anyhow am almost at lvl 88.
i also did a respec of the necro skills.
so thorns,tons of buff for minions,decomp and under a certain health creatures blow up.
The construct didn't function as a pet.

It attacked and supported the player while picking up absolutely nothing dropped by enemies.

It functioned as a companion similarly to how they work in Diablo 3.

The pets that are now in the game do not participate in combat at all and pick up gold as well as resource drops.

They function the same exact way they did in Diablo 3...

dogwitch

No Longer a Noob
Dec 5, 2013
The construct didn't function as a pet.

It attacked and supported the player while picking up absolutely nothing dropped by enemies.

It functioned as a companion similarly to how they work in Diablo 3.

The pets that are now in the game do not participate in combat at all and pick up gold as well as resource drops.

They function the same exact way they did in Diablo 3...
am saying in general the beta tested the pet itself and if should we allow a pet to attack also or no.
its easy and cheap way to beta test a feature option.

Jan 1, 2001
am saying in general the beta tested the pet itself and if should we allow a pet to attack also or no.
its easy and cheap way to beta test a feature option.
No, they are meant to be pets not fighters... They hang with you and follow you. It's a way to customize yourself a little more, and have a little friend with you.

They are basically meant to be eye candy, but they are fun.

Jan 1, 2001
They also pick up gold and stuff from what I have seen.
Oh man they are back for collecting stuff! Oh hell yeah, just like Diablo 3. I missed the pets at launch i had hoped to carry over pets from Diablo 3, with new pets at the start from world bosses and butcher and stuff... would be cool having a mini butcher following me around.

KOQSTRONG

No Longer a Noob
Apr 9, 2010
Preordered Vessel of Hatred and paid a little extra to get a few more pets that are available immediately. Started up Season 4 with a Sorcerer. Liking my build so far. Played for an hour or so on XBox, got the achievement for the Sorcerer kills then fired up my PS Portal and played a while did a dungeon and got the trophy for the Sorcerer kills. Gonna fire up the XBox in a minute and play more.

dogwitch

No Longer a Noob
Dec 5, 2013
going to post a image today with my necro guy.
but been wanting to know if anyone else is run a necro here?

i stumble on a interesting build for it.

BigPete7978

#DrinkInHand
Jun 26, 2013
Alright started a Lightning Sorcerer and am at Level 25 now. MUCH more enjoyable than the Druid for me, though I know it may be the Build I was using.

dogwitch

No Longer a Noob
Dec 5, 2013
Other the bone storm, and i am look for skel thing.
i run 4 of the same item types.

Jan 1, 2001
Dude!

Stop stacking so much armor.

You only need 9,230.

You could stack more power or other things to make yourself even more unstoppable.

You get no benefit from having all the extra armor...
From the image it still shows him below the 9200 threshold, do those added to armor not show up there?

I was just looking and realized we could temper some armor, and my squishy sorc is at like 4k lolololol so i'm super squishy. I was going to mimic him and see if i can add just enough to hit the threshold and then swap other things to better more power related stuff.

I haven't done much masterworking (well none) and the temporing since i keep replacing gear so fast. I'm at 83 now i think? So it should slow a bit.

I might have to double dip and get on PS so i can play on portal and grind stuff while watching tv.

dogwitch

No Longer a Noob
Dec 5, 2013
stay up way to late last night.
but got a key gear i been needing due to last one that had more skeletons was 820 lvl armor.
i finale got it.
that being said i read the necklace.
you can pump that up on terms of peak to over 50 %

Vega_Obscura

Cursed Mod
โ˜… MOD
Mar 1, 2002
WeHo
Been playing a couple of my eternal realm characters for the past couple weeks.

Went back to my seasonal fire Sorc at level 80 and she is in desperate need of rebalancing.

Guess I learned everything about tempering and masterworking in the eternal realm because my fire sorc, while powerful, has less than enough survivability. Been adding armor and hit points, but I may need to throw some points into barriers...

dogwitch

No Longer a Noob
Dec 5, 2013

Went back to my seasonal fire Sorc at level 80 and she is in desperate need of rebalancing.

Guess I learned everything about tempering and masterworking in the eternal realm because my fire sorc, while powerful, has less than enough survivability. Been adding armor and hit points, but I may need to throw some points into barriers...
tbh i got rid of 3 character i did builds. mostly due to a bug that affected them and loot.
they where barb,soc and rogue.
barb intresting to play, rogue to. but had garbage broken gear across them.
so i will be building new ones this season.
am so clost to lvl 100 on 1 character.... my necro (am your daddy ) crowd clear build.
fyi its 3k per hit per minion the do now... that when moving it get buff up to 4 k when standing still .
yes yes i will post screen caps today.

Jan 1, 2001

Wait, is tempering and masterworking on the eternal realm too??

Vega_Obscura

Cursed Mod
โ˜… MOD
Mar 1, 2002
WeHo
tbh i got rid of 3 character i did builds. mostly due to a bug that affected them and loot.
they where barb,soc and rogue.
barb intresting to play, rogue to. but had garbage broken gear across them.
so i will be building new ones this season.
am so clost to lvl 100 on 1 character.... my necro (am your daddy ) crowd clear build.
fyi its 3k per hit per minion the do now... that when moving it get buff up to 4 k when standing still .
yes yes i will post screen caps today.
What was the bug...?

Vega_Obscura

Cursed Mod
โ˜… MOD
Mar 1, 2002
WeHo
loot not dropping at lvl of the character. it taken up to this season for it to be fix for me.
Loot seldom if ever drops at your character level unless you reach the cap of a given world tier and even then, it only drops at the world tier cap or a little less.

The level of the equipment is pretty meaningless.

You should only care about the item power...

dogwitch

No Longer a Noob
Dec 5, 2013
Loot seldom if ever drops at your character level unless you reach the cap of a given world tier and even then, it only drops at the world tier cap or a little less.

The level of the equipment is pretty meaningless.

You should only care about the item power...
where talking 400 less amount of rank.
everything.

Jan 1, 2001
hrmph missed the sale on Diablo 4 for PS5 for some portal gringing...

They do however have a dual pack that has the base game + the expansion for 70$.... the base game is 50 now and 40 for the expansion so i'd still save 20 hmmmmmmmm.

When does this season end?

Vega_Obscura

Cursed Mod
โ˜… MOD
Mar 1, 2002
WeHo
last season? lvl 2
Yeah.

Loot doesn't drop up to the enemy level cap on the lower tiers. It sort of incentivizes players to up the difficulty.

Don't know how it is now, but before this season, I recall loot dropping up to level 45 on WT2 with an enemy level cap of 50...

dogwitch

No Longer a Noob
Dec 5, 2013
Yeah.

Loot doesn't drop up to the enemy level cap on the lower tiers. It sort of incentivizes players to up the difficulty.

Don't know how it is now, but before this season, I recall loot dropping up to level 45 on WT2 with an enemy level cap of 50...
that idk on how you. but mine was so bad. the vendor hat better lvl loot.

Vega_Obscura

Cursed Mod
โ˜… MOD
Mar 1, 2002
WeHo
that idk on how you. but mine was so bad. the vendor hat better lvl loot.
Character level or item power?

Even at end game on WT4, I believe the loot only goes up to level 90, but it is at the maximum item power of 925.

On my current character, She's a little over level 80, gets level 80 loot, but some of it has max item power...

dogwitch

No Longer a Noob
Dec 5, 2013
Character level or item power?

Even at end game on WT4, I believe the loot only goes up to level 90, but it is at the maximum item power of 925.

On my current character, She's a little over level 80, gets level 80 loot, but some of it has max item power...
item power.

i also already screen cap my current necro gear. but 2 item drop that are making my og gear more fun.

dogwitch

No Longer a Noob
Dec 5, 2013
ok so i finale hit 100 necro
auto gen minions,auto gen the vine thing,
i auto corp explosion.....
got 1 pecie of gear that does that..
like the pit atm is straight up easy as pie with my build.
the hell tide bos in the field.
i do none boss controll with all 12 minions.
its a rain of instant blow up death for enemies. even elites.
its wild how this one is.

Jan 1, 2001
Hit level 84 with my Sorcerer, shes a fire mage. It's been pretty fun and she tears things up in helltides at WT4.

She is squishy, but i think i have a few things i can do to increase the armor to cap. Then it's like 2 or so elements i need more resistance to, then i should be as unsquishy as i can make her.

She's fun to play, it's kind of a shame the game is basically three things at end game. Helltides for loot, NMD for glyphs, and the pit for masterworking. I'm pretty sick of helltides right now. I basically have been going to helltides since level 1.

dogwitch

No Longer a Noob
Dec 5, 2013
doing a rogue build... lvl up fast but ehh damg for some reason.
mage build going to aim for lvl 30 today.
barb build i want to get tropy for.

just fyi the necro build make the pit easy with no holy thing.

Vega_Obscura

Cursed Mod
โ˜… MOD
Mar 1, 2002
WeHo
doing a rogue build... lvl up fast but ehh damg for some reason.
mage build going to aim for lvl 30 today.
barb build i want to get tropy for.

just fyi the necro build make the pit easy with no holy thing.
Rogue builds seem to be a slow burn.

You really have to find a skill/aspect synergy early and lean into tempering. Raw damage affixes will fill the gaps until your build does the work...

dogwitch

No Longer a Noob
Dec 5, 2013
Rogue builds seem to be a slow burn.

You really have to find a skill/aspect synergy early and lean into tempering. Raw damage affixes will fill the gaps until your build does the work...
poison seems to be the best atm for rogue. but boy did they nerf it this season.
even my newb not really mess with caster was doing more dmg then rogue...