Feb 25, 2013
[URL='http://www.ign.com/boards/members/sackchief.4466710/']@sackchief[/URL]

I just couldn't find a video for Kono.

Accel World Vs Sword Art Online: Millennium Twilight (import)

Accel World Vs Sword Art Online: Millennium Twilight is an action RPG crossover between the Sword Art Online and Accel World franchises. The game allows you to form parties of three with the characters in order to fight on the ground or in the sky. You can mix characters between the two franchises and switch between the player character in real-time.

http://www.iplaypsvita.com/wp-conte...e-twilight-millenium-ps-vita-ps4-20170116.jpg

Akiba’s Beat

Akiba’s Beat is the third entry in the Akiba series and it is the first game in the series to take on more JRPG attributes. Battles initiate once the player moves their character into an enemy character sending them into a different battle screen.

http://www.capsulecomputers.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Akibas-Beat-screenshot-022.jpg

Blue Reflection Maboroshi Ni Mau Shoujo no Ken (import)

Blue Reflection Maboroshi Ni Mau Shoujo no Ken, or Sword of the Girl Dancing in the Illusion, is a JRPG that follows Hinako Shirai. She hurt her foot during a competition and lost the ability to dance. Eventually, she meets two mysterious girls that grant her the power to fight as a “reflector” and this gives her the hope to heal her foot and dance again.

http://i.imgur.com/GAhYs4G.jpg

Chaos; Child Love Chu Chu!! (import)

Chaos; Child Love Chu Chu!! Is a visual novel developed by 5pb. It is a spin-off from the 2014 game Chaos;Child and part of the larger Science Adventure series. The player will routinely use the “yes/no trigger” system to and cause the story to branch depending on the answers given.

https://youtu.be/0c3mC49CnNc

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0318/2649/products/41HKSBfzsnL_large.jpg?v=1481415527

Danganronpa 1-2 Reload

Danganronpa 1-2 Reload is a collection of the first and second game originally released on PS Vita. It includes higher higher quality graphics, a School Mode, and Island Mode. The games are visual novels with gameplay separated into two different sections - Daily Life and Deadly Life. The story, and your advancement in the story, is handled through progress in those two modes. The games are centered around investigation and solving murders.

https://youtu.be/6DGuCuHurUk

http://www.geeky-gadgets.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Danganronpa-1-2-Reload.jpg

God Wars Future Past

God Wars Future Past is a strategy RPG with a traditional take on tactical RPG gameplay. It features an intuitive turn-based battle system that allows players to consider a myriad of strategies to outmaneuver enemies.

https://youtu.be/FV2OeOalSeA

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/776/32326641796_cce7f2195f_o.jpg

Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO (import)

Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO, or A Girl who Chants Love at the Bound of this World, is a visual novel/graphic adventure game. The gameplay revolves around travelling between parallel worlds and utilizing an original mapping system called ADMS (Automatic Diverge Mapping System).

http://nichegamer.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/yu-no-07-11-15-1.png

Couldn’t find a video representative of the remake.

NieR Automata

NieR Automata is an ARPG developed by PlatinumGames. The combat is action based with the player fighting other characters in real time in a variety of environments. Evasion is a key tactic along with properly utilizing light and heavy attacks.

https://youtu.be/17V2lxzlTRE

https://www.platinumgames.com/wp-co...Automata_201606_SS_Boss_02_ONLINE-660x370.jpg

Touhou Genso Wanderer

Touhou Genso Wanderer is a roguelike RPG. It features a turn-based system along with refined roguelike mechanics.

https://youtu.be/cfbmuUAcD4U

http://nisamerica.com/games/touhou-genso-wanderer/img/og_image.jpg

Jul 18, 2011
hypethreadbanner.png

Welcome to the Danganronpa series discussion thread. This is a general discussion thread for all forms of media in the Danganronpa series. Use this thread to discuss the series, but please be sure to read the entire OP so as to understand certain things before diving in. Don’t worry, I won’t spoil anything.

What is Danganronpa?

Danganronpa is a series of visual novel adventure games developed by Spike Chunsoft and published by NIS America in the West. It is a mystery adventure series that is very similar to the Ace Attorney games in which players investigate murders and use their wits to survive captivity from an evil bear along with over a dozen other students. Throughout the Danganronpa games you will experience true despair as you have never known before. You will make many friends along the journey, but in the world of Danganronpa, nobody can be trusted.

The first game in the series released on the PlayStation Portable system in Japan back in 2010. Thanks to some popular Lets Play forums that translated an imported copy of the game, the title garnered a huge community and quickly became a cult classic, despite still being exclusive to overseas markets. This changed in 2014, when Danganronpa released in the west on the PS Vita as “Trigger Happy Havoc” with its sequel, “Goodbye Despair” following just a few months after. The games were eventually ported to the PC and released on Steam and they will soon be making their PS4 debut with Danganronpa Relaod, a compilation of the first two games.

The Danganronpa series has become extremely popular and with good reasons. The story is captivating and the characters are dynamic. The franchise eventually spawned spinoff games as well as anime television series, comics and novels. In this thread I will go over some of the more popular media in the franchise.

Rules for the Thread

Danganronpa is a very heavily story based game and it relies on twists and turns to keep the audience in suspense. Please be courteous to other posters by posting all spoilers within spoiler tags with the game and chapter specified so that people who aren’t that far in the game know not to open it. For example, if I am playing Danganronpa 2 and I am on Chapter 3, I would post like this.

In addition, I would highly advise against Google searches of the game. Even casual searches, such as searching for artwork would be a very bad idea. The online community for the series is huge and you could very well spoil the entire ending of the game with a simple Google Image search. Do not do this.

Danganronpa Essentials + Playing Order

banner1.png

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc is the first game in the Danganronpa series. This is the starting point for all newcomers. It was originally released in Japan on the PSP, later it made its western debut on the PS Vita. The game is available on Steam as well. Trigger Happy Havoc will be making its debut on the PlayStation 4 system on March 14th 2017 in the Danganronpa 1+2 Reload collection which includes the first two games in the series.

banner2.png

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair is the sequel to Trigger Happy Havoc and the extremely well received second entry the series. It follows the main cast in a Lost esque, despair inducing adventure that will shock and test your wits at every corner. WARNING: DO NOT PLAY THIS GAME UNTIL AFTER YOU HAVE BEATEN TRIGGER HAPPY HAVOC. Playing this game before the first one will spoil events of the first game, ruining the experience. Wait until beating Trigger Happy Havoc before playing Goodbye Despair. Goodbye Despair first released on the PSP in Japan. It made its western debut on the PS Vita and later the Steam Store. It will be making its debut on the PlayStation 4 system on March 14th 2017 in the Danganronpa 1+2 Reload collection along with the first game, Trigger Happy Havoc.

banner3.png

Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls is the third chapter in the Danganronpa saga. This time, it isn’t a visual novel adventure game. It’s a third person shooter, action game set in the Danganronpa. Don’t worry, the story is still deep and it will fill you with every ounce of despair the other two did. WARNING, DO NOT PROCEED UNLESS BOTH DANGANRONPA 1 AND 2 HAVE BEEN BEATEN. Same drill. If you play this game before the first two games, you will spoil them. So, don’t do that. The game made its debut on the PS Vita and has been exclusive to the PS Vita, until June 27, 2017, when it will release on the PS4.

banner4.png

Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak Academy, not to be confused with Danganronpa V3, is actually an anime television series taking place after the events of Trigger Happy Havoc, Goodbye Despair and Ultra Despair Girls. The series is a bit confusing, so bear with me. The show is actually split between two different anime arcs, the Future arc and the Despair arc, and the finale is called Hope. In order to view this series properly, follow the following viewing order of the series.

Future Arc Episode 1, Despair Arc Episode 1, Future Arc Episode 2, Despair Arc Episode 2… and when that’s all done, watch Hope, which is the finale. It is really confusing, so if you still don’t completely get it, feel free to ask me for clarification. BTW, DO NOT WATCH THIS BEFORE PLAYING THE PREVIOUS THREE GAMES LISTED, INCLUDING ULTRA DESPAIR GIRLS. You get the gist. The show is complete, so binge away!

banner5.png

Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony is the latest game in the series and it has not released in English yet. It made its debut in Japan in January of 2017, and it is releasing in the west on September 26, 2017 for both the PS Vita and PS4. It hasn’t come out yet, so even I haven’t played it, we’re all eagerly awaiting this latest chapter in the Danganronpa story. It is a visual novel, mystery adventure game similar to the original two, so it represents the series going back to its roots. I would not recommend playing it without at least going through the first two games. It’s coming out on PS Vita and PS4, so look forward to it.

Other Media

Danganronpa: The Animation

banner_2710.jpg

Danganronpa: The Animation is an anime television series that covers the events of Trigger Happy Havoc. I would not recommend watching this in place of the first game. It is a thirteen-episode summary of the games and it can feel incredibly rushed as a result. The games are very interactive and the pacing is very important, so in my opinion, watching this show before playing Trigger Happy Havoc can ruin the experience. If you still want to watch it, go ahead, but I’ve given my recommendations regarding the matter.

Cyber Danganronpa VR: The Class Trial

maxresdefault.jpg

Danganronpa VR is a fun little Virtual Reality game coming to the west. It is a PS4 exclusive, utilizing PSVR and it recounts a Class Trial from the first game in VR. It was released for free with optional English subtitles. The game centers around a class trial from the first game, so I would at least play Trigger Happy Havoc before diving into this one.

FAQ

Q: Wow, that Danganronpa 2 sure looks good. Maybe I should just skip the first game and just…

A: NO! You fool, you absolute buffoon. Are you mad? Follow the playing order in the OP! You will spoil the entire game by skipping around like that, the playing order is essential!

Q: I really like this character, I think I’m gonna Google her real quick…

A: Stop right there, criminal scum! Unless you want to potentially spoil yourself, you will keep your grubby hands away from Google Images regarding this game. A simple Google search can result in a picture of the game’s ending, believe me. You do not want to Google anything regarding the game, including V3 because its currently out in Japan while we’re waiting.

Q: Oh cool there’s premium avatars of the Danganronpa characters on PSN? I haven’t beaten the game yet, but I guess I can go buy some right?

A: Wrong again sir. Some of the avatars on the PSN store actually spoil the game, believe it or not. I’m not joking, stay away from that section of the store until both the first two games have been beaten.

Q: Why are you so passionate about this?

A: This is my LIFE.

Q: Do you have any recommendations for Nendoroids?

A: Yes, there’s one of Monokuma and one of Makoto Naegi, the first game’s protagonist. There’s also some really nice statues on GoodSmile’s website and…

Danganronpa in other games!

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars

tumblr_n57ymuvrxW1qzp9weo1_1280.png

Terraria

jwczTNv.jpg

Gachitora

gachitora_monobear2_thumb.jpg

Motto! SoniComi

SoniComi-Danganronpa-Collab.jpg

Mystery Chronicle: One Way Heroics

naegi.jpg

Crypt of the Necrodancer

preview_9095_1475845988_299904f022fbd68987ef7daef9b51ada.jpg

Exist Archive: The Other Side of the Sky

Exist-Archive-Monokuma-Costume_001.jpg

Chain Chronicle

hqdefault.jpg

Ted

dangan_45_cs1w1_720x.jpg

Gravity Rush 2

C0LVkVrVIAAgNeR.jpg:large

Yeah, it’s a big deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 18, 2011
hypethreadbanner.png

Welcome to the Danganronpa series discussion thread. This is a general discussion thread for all forms of media in the Danganronpa series. Use this thread to discuss the series, but please be sure to read the entire OP so as to understand certain things before diving in. Don’t worry, I won’t spoil anything.

What is Danganronpa?

Danganronpa is a series of visual novel adventure games developed by Spike Chunsoft and published by NIS America in the West. It is a mystery adventure series that is very similar to the Ace Attorney games in which players investigate murders and use their wits to survive captivity from an evil bear along with over a dozen other students. Throughout the Danganronpa games you will experience true despair as you have never known before. You will make many friends along the journey, but in the world of Danganronpa, nobody can be trusted.

The first game in the series released on the PlayStation Portable system in Japan back in 2010. Thanks to some popular Lets Play forums that translated an imported copy of the game, the title garnered a huge community and quickly became a cult classic, despite still being exclusive to overseas markets. This changed in 2014, when Danganronpa released in the west on the PS Vita as “Trigger Happy Havoc” with its sequel, “Goodbye Despair” following just a few months after. The games were eventually ported to the PC and released on Steam and they will soon be making their PS4 debut with Danganronpa Relaod, a compilation of the first two games.

The Danganronpa series has become extremely popular and with good reasons. The story is captivating and the characters are dynamic. The franchise eventually spawned spinoff games as well as anime television series, comics and novels. In this thread I will go over some of the more popular media in the franchise.

Rules for the Thread

Danganronpa is a very heavily story based game and it relies on twists and turns to keep the audience in suspense. Please be courteous to other posters by posting all spoilers within spoiler tags with the game and chapter specified so that people who aren’t that far in the game know not to open it. For example, if I am playing Danganronpa 2 and I am on Chapter 3, I would post like this.

In addition, I would highly advise against Google searches of the game. Even casual searches, such as searching for artwork would be a very bad idea. The online community for the series is huge and you could very well spoil the entire ending of the game with a simple Google Image search. Do not do this.

Danganronpa Essentials + Playing Order

Click for Trailer

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc is the first game in the Danganronpa series. This is the starting point for all newcomers. It was originally released in Japan on the PSP, later it made its western debut on the PS Vita. The game is available on Steam as well. Trigger Happy Havoc will be making its debut on the PlayStation 4 system on March 14th 2017 in the Danganronpa 1+2 Reload collection which includes the first two games in the series.

Click for Trailer

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair is the sequel to Trigger Happy Havoc and the extremely well received second entry the series. It follows the main cast in a Lost esque, despair inducing adventure that will shock and test your wits at every corner. WARNING: DO NOT PLAY THIS GAME UNTIL AFTER YOU HAVE BEATEN TRIGGER HAPPY HAVOC. Playing this game before the first one will spoil events of the first game, ruining the experience. Wait until beating Trigger Happy Havoc before playing Goodbye Despair. Goodbye Despair first released on the PSP in Japan. It made its western debut on the PS Vita and later the Steam Store. It will be making its debut on the PlayStation 4 system on March 14th 2017 in the Danganronpa 1+2 Reload collection along with the first game, Trigger Happy Havoc.

Click for Trailer

Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls is the third chapter in the Danganronpa saga. This time, it isn’t a visual novel adventure game. It’s a third person shooter, action game set in the Danganronpa. Don’t worry, the story is still deep and it will fill you with every ounce of despair the other two did. WARNING, DO NOT PROCEED UNLESS BOTH DANGANRONPA 1 AND 2 HAVE BEEN BEATEN. Same drill. If you play this game before the first two games, you will spoil them. So, don’t do that. The game made its debut on the PS Vita and has been exclusive to the PS Vita, until June 27, 2017, when it will release on the PS4.

banner4.png

Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak Academy, not to be confused with Danganronpa V3, is actually an anime television series taking place after the events of Trigger Happy Havoc, Goodbye Despair and Ultra Despair Girls. The series is a bit confusing, so bear with me. The show is actually split between two different anime arcs, the Future arc and the Despair arc, and the finale is called Hope. In order to view this series properly, follow the following viewing order of the series.

Future Arc Episode 1, Despair Arc Episode 1, Future Arc Episode 2, Despair Arc Episode 2… and when that’s all done, watch Hope, which is the finale. It is really confusing, so if you still don’t completely get it, feel free to ask me for clarification. BTW, DO NOT WATCH THIS BEFORE PLAYING THE PREVIOUS THREE GAMES LISTED, INCLUDING ULTRA DESPAIR GIRLS. You get the gist. The show is complete, so binge away!

Click for Trailer

Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony is the latest game in the series and it has not released in English yet. It made its debut in Japan in January of 2017, and it is releasing in the west on September 26, 2017 for both the PS Vita and PS4. It hasn’t come out yet, so even I haven’t played it, we’re all eagerly awaiting this latest chapter in the Danganronpa story. It is a visual novel, mystery adventure game similar to the original two, so it represents the series going back to its roots. I would not recommend playing it without at least going through the first two games. It’s coming out on PS Vita and PS4, so look forward to it.

Other Media

Danganronpa: The Animation

banner_2710.jpg

Danganronpa: The Animation is an anime television series that covers the events of Trigger Happy Havoc. I would not recommend watching this in place of the first game. It is a thirteen-episode summary of the games and it can feel incredibly rushed as a result. The games are very interactive and the pacing is very important, so in my opinion, watching this show before playing Trigger Happy Havoc can ruin the experience. If you still want to watch it, go ahead, but I’ve given my recommendations regarding the matter.

Cyber Danganronpa VR: The Class Trial

maxresdefault.jpg

Danganronpa VR is a fun little Virtual Reality game coming to the west. It is a PS4 exclusive, utilizing PSVR and it recounts a Class Trial from the first game in VR. It was released for free with optional English subtitles. The game centers around a class trial from the first game, so I would at least play Trigger Happy Havoc before diving into this one.

FAQ

Q: Wow, that Danganronpa 2 sure looks good. Maybe I should just skip the first game and just…

A: NO! You fool, you absolute buffoon. Are you mad? Follow the playing order in the OP! You will spoil the entire game by skipping around like that, the playing order is essential!

Q: I really like this character, I think I’m gonna Google her real quick…

A: Stop right there, criminal scum! Unless you want to potentially spoil yourself, you will keep your grubby hands away from Google Images regarding this game. A simple Google search can result in a picture of the game’s ending, believe me. You do not want to Google anything regarding the game, including V3 because its currently out in Japan while we’re waiting.

Q: Oh cool there’s premium avatars of the Danganronpa characters on PSN? I haven’t beaten the game yet, but I guess I can go buy some right?

A: Wrong again sir. Some of the avatars on the PSN store actually spoil the game, believe it or not. I’m not joking, stay away from that section of the store until both the first two games have been beaten.

Q: Why are you so passionate about this?

A: This is my LIFE.

Q: Do you have any recommendations for Nendoroids?

A: Yes, there’s one of Monokuma and one of Makoto Naegi, the first game’s protagonist. There’s also some really nice statues on GoodSmile’s website and…

Danganronpa in other games!

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars

tumblr_n57ymuvrxW1qzp9weo1_1280.png

Terraria

jwczTNv.jpg

Gachitora

gachitora_monobear2_thumb.jpg

Motto! SoniComi

SoniComi-Danganronpa-Collab.jpg

Mystery Chronicle: One Way Heroics

naegi.jpg

Crypt of the Necrodancer

preview_9095_1475845988_299904f022fbd68987ef7daef9b51ada.jpg

Exist Archive: The Other Side of the Sky

Exist-Archive-Monokuma-Costume_001.jpg

Chain Chronicle

hqdefault.jpg

Ted

dangan_45_cs1w1_720x.jpg

Gravity Rush 2

C0LVkVrVIAAgNeR.jpg:large

Yeah, it’s a big deal.

Fuhgeddit

Not Fudge
Apr 9, 2014
NY
The first one wasn't that good though, so that wouldn't have been exciting. Automata is pretty good though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 18, 2011
I would have still enjoyed that for my collection. Sucks they cancelled it. Glad he's going portable for the next one.

Jul 18, 2011
source.gif

'I AM THOU... THOU ART I... FROM THE SEA OF THY SOUL, I COME...'

Consoles:PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4
Publisher(s):Atlus
Developer:

Atlus

Director:Katsura Hashino

Composer:Shoji Meguro

Platform(s):PlayStation 4, PC
Genre(s):Japanese Role-Playing Game, Turn Based, Social Simulation
Mode(s):Single-Player
Series:

Shin Megami Tensei

Predecessor:Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4
Rating(s):Rated M for Mara
Release Date(s):Coming Winter 2014 for PS3 September 15, 2016 (JP) - April 4, 2017 (WW)
Pre-Order: Amazon ($59.99 USD, $47.99 with Prime/PS3 version $49.99 USD, $39.99 with Prime)

[tr][td][tr][tr][td][/td][/tr][/tr][/td]

What is Persona?

After traveling blah blah blah

The History of the Persona series

Persona is a JRPG series developed by Atlus and a spin-off of the popular JRPG franchise, Shin Megami Tensei, which is one of the oldest game franchises. More accurately, it is the spinoff based on Shin Megami Tensei If…. Which featured a modern day high school setting and supernatural elements. Over time Persona has become best known as the franchise that put Atlus on the map and allowed a presence in the western gaming market as well as the establishment of Megami Tensei in North America. The Persona series generally features a group of high school students who awaken to the ability to summon Personas, demon like creatures that are a part of their souls.

Revelations: Persona

The first Persona title was localized in 1996, and was the first Megami Tensei RPG to receive a localization. It originally released on the first PlayStation console and was released during the time when localizations of Megami Tensei was referred to as the “Revelations” series for a short amount of time. Persona takes place in the town of Mikage-cho and follows a group of students from St. Hermelin High who awaken their powers due to a ritual game which is then followed by a series of supernatural events. The game began its development after the release of Shin Megami Tensei If…. which explains the similarities to the modern high school setting of the game. The game was notably criticized in its original localization due to many changes made including exclusion of Japanese references, changing character designs and dialogue. In 2009, a remake of Persona was made for the PSP, under the proper title “Shin Megami Tensei: Persona”. The remake was praised for being faithful to the original release and it included quests that had been omitted from the first localization as well as gameplay adjustments, difficulty levels, and full motion cutscenes with voice acting.

How to buy?

The original PS1 release of Revelations: Persona is not available on the PSN store. If you want to play that version, you will have to track down an original copy. The enhanced PSP remake is available on the PSN store and can be downloaded and played on a PSP, PS Vita or a PlayStation TV.

Persona 2: Innocent Sin and Persona 2 Eternal Punishment

Persona 3

Persona 4

Development

After the release of Persona 4 on the PlayStation 2, the Persona team began preparations for the next numerical entry in the series in 2010. The game went into full development after the release of the studio’s other project, Catherine, so there has been a long wait for Persona 5, spanning across an entire console generation. Due to the long development time, the team faced many challenges with the new hardware releasing, but they have finally delivered the game in September of 2016 to critical acclaim from the Japanese press. Unlike Catherine, which utilized the Gamebryo enginie, Persona 5 has had a brand new engine created just for it which resulted in the long development time. The new engine allows characters in the game to have a toon shading effect, giving the game a pop anime aesthetic to it.

Story and Characters

Trailers

Standard Launch Edition

Steelbook Edition

Take Your Heart Premium Edition[/tr]

Jul 18, 2011
I was going to do the Soundcloud thing, but nobody uploaded the Persona 5 song so I somehow need to rip it and upload it myself. Also I'm not totally sure how to color the table.

Jul 18, 2011
That works. [face_peace]

Consoles:PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4
Developer:

Atlus

Platform(s):PlayStation 4, PC
Series:

Shin Megami Tensei

Release Date(s):Coming Winter 2014 for PS3 September 15, 2016 (JP) - April 4, 2017 (WW)
Pre-Order: Amazon ($59.99 USD, $47.99 with Prime/PS3 version $49.99 USD, $39.99 with Prime)

[tr][td][tr][tr][td][/td][/tr][/tr][/td][/tr]

Jul 18, 2011
source.gif

Platforms:PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4
Developer:

Atlus

Series:

Shin Megami Tensei

section_2_title.png

After traveling blah blah blah

title_school_life.png

allpersonagames.png

Persona is a JRPG series developed by Atlus and a spin-off of the popular JRPG franchise, Shin Megami Tensei, which is one of the oldest game franchises. More accurately, it is the spinoff based on Shin Megami Tensei If…. Which featured a modern day high school setting and supernatural elements. Over time Persona has become best known as the franchise that put Atlus on the map and allowed a presence in the western gaming market as well as the establishment of Megami Tensei in North America. The Persona series generally features a group of high school students who awaken to the ability to summon Personas, demon like creatures that are a part of their souls.

The first Persona title was localized in 1996, and was the first Megami Tensei RPG to receive a localization. It originally released on the first PlayStation console and was released during the time when localizations of Megami Tensei was referred to as the “Revelations” series for a short amount of time. Persona takes place in the town of Mikage-cho and follows a group of students from St. Hermelin High who awaken their powers due to a ritual game which is then followed by a series of supernatural events. The game began its development after the release of Shin Megami Tensei If…. which explains the similarities to the modern high school setting of the game. The game was notably criticized in its original localization due to many changes made including exclusion of Japanese references, changing character designs and dialogue. In 2009, a remake of Persona was made for the PSP, under the proper title “Shin Megami Tensei: Persona”. The remake was praised for being faithful to the original release and it included quests that had been omitted from the first localization as well as gameplay adjustments, difficulty levels, and full motion cutscenes with voice acting.

How to buy?

The original PS1 release of Revelations: Persona is not available on the PSN store. If you want to play that version, you will have to track down an original copy. The enhanced PSP remake is available on the PSN store and can be downloaded and played on a PSP, PS Vita or a PlayStation TV.

Persona 3

Persona 4

development.png

After the release of Persona 4 on the PlayStation 2, the Persona team began preparations for the next numerical entry in the series in 2010. The game went into full development after the release of the studio’s other project, Catherine, so there has been a long wait for Persona 5, spanning across an entire console generation. Due to the long development time, the team faced many challenges with the new hardware releasing, but they have finally delivered the game in September of 2016 to critical acclaim from the Japanese press. Unlike Catherine, which utilized the Gamebryo enginie, Persona 5 has had a brand new engine created just for it which resulted in the long development time. The new engine allows characters in the game to have a toon shading effect, giving the game a pop anime aesthetic to it.

story.png

section_2_info.png

title_characters.png

title_protag.png

phantom_protag.png

chara_info_tab_protag.png

title_ryuji.png

phantom_skull.png

chara_info_tab_ryuji.png

title_ann.png

phantom_panther.png

chara_info_tab_ann.png

title_morgana_1.png

img_morgana.png

chara_info_morgana.png

phantom_title.png

trailers.png

launch_edition.png

Steelbook Edition

Take Your Heart Premium Edition

product.png

phantom_phrase.png

Jul 18, 2011
source.gif

Publisher(s):Atlus (JP), Atlus USA (NA), Deep Silver (EU)
Developer:

Atlus

Series:

Shin Megami Tensei

section_2_title.png

school_life_info.png

title_school_life.png

allpersonagames.png

How to buy?

Persona 3

Persona 4

development.png

story.png

section_2_info.png

title_characters.png

protag.png

ryuji.png

chara_info_tab_ryuji.png

ann.png

chara_info_tab_ann.png

morgana.png

chara_info_morgana.png

trailers.png

PV 01

PV 02

launch_edition.png

C7JLhntU0AAsUHh.jpg

steelbookedition.png

91J-HzPQmHL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

product.png

phantom_phrase.png

Jul 18, 2011
source.gif

Publisher(s):Atlus (JP), Atlus USA (NA), Deep Silver (EU)
Developer:

Atlus

Series:

Shin Megami Tensei

section_2_title.png

school_life_info.png

title_school_life.png

allpersonagames.png

How to buy?

Persona 3

Persona 4

development.png

story.png

section_2_info.png

title_characters.png

protag.png

ryuji.png

chara_info_tab_ryuji.png

ann.png

chara_info_tab_ann.png

morgana.png

chara_info_morgana.png

trailers.png

PV 01

PV 02

launch_edition.png

C7JLhntU0AAsUHh.jpg

steelbookedition.png

91J-HzPQmHL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

product.png

• PS4 Exclusive
  • Collector's Box
  • Hardcover Art Book
  • Soundtrack CD
  • 4" Morgana Plush
  • Schoolbag
  • Steelbook with Game

phantom_phrase.png

Jul 18, 2011
That reminds me. [URL='http://www.ign.com/boards/members/fatedanarchy.4599347/']@FatedAnarchy[/URL] going to need the newsletter update for the following games. There's not really much this month, of course with Persona 5 in a few days thats probably for the best. [face_tongue] Just have it ready sometime this week, thanks.

Dragon Quest Heroes II: The Twin Kings and the Prophecy of the End (April 25 2017, PS4)

Persona 5 (April 4, 2017, PS4/PS3)

The Silver Case (April 21 2017, PS4)

Song of Memories (April 27 2016, PS4) (visual novel) (import)

Tsuihou Senkyo (April 27 2017, PS4) (dungeon crawler) (import)

Feb 25, 2013
[URL='http://www.ign.com/boards/members/sackchief.4466710/']@sackchief[/URL]

Persona 5 is a turn based JRPG with a focus on social simulation. After awakening their Persona, the main party, known as the Phantom Thieves of Hearts, explore the supernatural realm of adults in order to destroy their ill intent. When you’re not working a part-time job and doing other leisure activities, you will be exploring dungeons and battling it out with your Persona.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/KukSVxgsQkg/maxresdefault.jpg

Dragon Quest Heroes II: The Twin Kings and the Prophecy End is a hack n’ slash game developed by Omega Force. The RPG elements are heavier and more refined here relative to the previous game. World exploration better resembles the typical Dragon Quest experience and there are seamless random monster encounters.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/T5AKLD80XEc/maxresdefault.jpg

The Silver Case is an adventure visual novel developed by Grasshopper Manufacture. It was directed, designed and co-written by Goichi Suda. The story revolves around a murder case. The killings are linked to a serial murder who supposedly died years ago. The gameplay consists of text based situations, point and click mechanics, and interactive question and answer segments.

http://cdn.edgecast.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/476650/header.jpg?t=1490968594

Song of Memories is an adventure game where a mysterious disease is going around. From conversation scenes to event scenes, the game progresses with animation throughout the entire story. It also features over 30 songs, including the opening, ending, and background music.

http://gematsu.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/SoM-PS4-Question_08-25-15.jpg

https://youtu.be/sfi1I1UMgoU

Tsuihou Senkyo (Expulsion Election) is an adventure, dungeon crawler. Settled in a post-apocalyptic world, a group of boys and girls go through elections to see who lives.

http://www.iplaypsvita.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/exile-election-ps-vita-ps4-20170123-017.jpg

https://youtu.be/oQFoVvvIiXs

Fuhgeddit

Not Fudge
Apr 9, 2014
NY
Dragon quest man, love the characters and all but the game is boring with the hack n slash because it is pretty easy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 18, 2011
DQXI is when the series will truly make its return. I'm very excited to see what Horii and co. are going to do to implement all of the new improvements they've made with the remakes over the years. Don't know if you guys drink that Nintendo DS Kool Aid, but the Dragon Quest V remake for DS is unbelievably good, the party chat system, night/day cycles, the dialogue of the NPCs its all so realistically mind blowing, its just crazy how much thought went into the game.