Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 24, 2009
You really should listen to more subgenres of metal, Kurt. In time, I think you could get used to post metal, sludge metal, and maybe even progressive metal.

posnco

The method of controlling fire...
Aug 22, 2004
We're talking about Kurt here, he's not gonna like stuff like The Ocean or such, even though everyone else loves them.

Jan 24, 2009
Well speaking from experience, I got used to new genres of music slowly. Now I love The Ocean, but if you had asked me three years ago you would have gotten a different answer.

X-pert74

cute
Feb 27, 2002
I'm not interested in any of those genres. I've already heard some of most Metal subgenres, and I know what I liked and what I don't like.

Loxxikus

Noob
Aug 16, 2009
We always talk about rewriting this thing so I've started it on my own tonight. I can't do it without the help of some of you. We should have a talk... find out which genres should be included, and then leave it to certain members who are most knowledgable about those to write up their synopsis and include band examples. Then we get back together, and rewrite everything as a group once everyone has done their part. Sound good? Ones I've begun working on:

Death metal
Grindcore
Industrial metal (which I admittedly know little about but it's one I felt needing changing)
Nu-metal
Metalcore
Deathcore

PM me or something. Let's arrange this finally.

posnco

Aug 22, 2004
I can work on Black Metal, Doom, Sludge and somewhat stoner.

X-pert74

cute
Feb 27, 2002
I could work on Black Metal, Thrash Metal, and Death Metal. Maybe Heavy Metal too, but I doubt I'd be able to help quite as much there as with the other three.

EDIT: By the way, I don't mean I would write out the entire passages for these genres. I don't think I have it in me these days to devote energy to something that intensive. I think I could add onto whatever others write, and offer suggestions and such, but I don't want to write an entire description from scratch.

EDIT 2: Unless no one else wants to.

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
posnco said:

I'm fairly sure that if you have a hand in this that we'll get a great deal of, "if I hate it, it shouldn't exist", or "if I love it, it shouldn't be excluded" type arguments. Never-mind the validity of the arguments pro or con.

Now, me being prickish aside. I'd be glad to help with thrash and metal in general (Death metal, grindcore, and the like).

posnco

Aug 22, 2004
nagumo10001 said:
posnco said:

I'm fairly sure that if you have a hand in this that we'll get a great deal of, "if I hate it, it shouldn't exist", or "if I love it, it shouldn't be excluded" type arguments. Never-mind the validity of the arguments pro or con.

Now, me being prickish aside. I'd be glad to help with thrash and metal in general (Death metal, grindcore, and the like).
This is black metal we're talking about, it's meant to be stuck-up.

I'm just the perfect man for that job.

Aug 31, 2003
X-pert74 said:
I'm not interested in any of those genres. I've already heard some of most Metal subgenres, and I know what I liked and what I don't like.

I tend to like a little from each genre. I don't like one genre as a whole over an other, except maybe industrial I like the best. The experiments, the beats, because I like dance music.

I don't know how to rank Dan Swano's Moontower but that's my ideal non-industrial metal.

AbnormalFreak

No Longer a Noob
Jul 7, 2002
"Thread ruined"? Is that all you could post? I had contemplated breaking the 666 and posting nothing more than "Fuck Satan" for the 667th post, but decided not to be a jackass. So you not only ruin it, but you have to be totally lame in doing so as well?

D: D: D: D: D:

I should shit on your balls and force you to walk around in the hot summer sun with my shit on your balls for a full week. And if you try to wipe my shit off your balls, I'll shank you in the fucking throat, but not in an artery. So you'll have the pain of having been shanked in the neck, the itching, reeking discomfort of shit on your balls, and you have to walk around like that, butt-naked, in public zoos, in the hot, ass-ball-and-taint-sweating summer sun, for an entire week.

Prick.

PRICK!!!

>[face_shock]

AbnormalFreak

No Longer a Noob
Jul 7, 2002
I was gonna say, all that stuff I said about shitting on balls, I'll now do to Kurt, but he'd probably spring wood and try to cornhole me.

:[

posnco

Aug 22, 2004
NERD FIGHT!

NERDS!

NERDS!

Crossdresser vs. piggybacker!

WHO WINS!?

absolutely no one -_-

X-pert74

cute
Feb 27, 2002
LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOO

[image=http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i172/DieByTheSignOfTheKey/immortal_nerdkids.gif]

Oct 27, 2005
RespawnedDemon said:
BRING IT KURT!!!!!!!!

[image=http://cdn.vidilife.com/image/2005/12/17/156714/358335s.gif]

HE'S GOING SUPER SAYIAN!

SOMEBODY GET THE KRYPTONITE, QUICK!!

SHOVE IT IN HIS ASS!!!!!!!! DO IT NOWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jan 24, 2009
[image=http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~ewyatt/MULTIPLY%20STUFF/SUPER%20DADDY/superman-flying_to_you_pha.gif]

Jan 24, 2009
You're just jealous cuz I'm a sooper de dopper saiyan, and you're not. I know how much you want to use the the Kame-hame-hame-hame-hame-hame-hame-hame-hame-hame-hame-HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v91/screamus/goku-vs-superman.jpg]

Oct 27, 2009
I totally don't agree with lumping Hardcore/Metalcore in with screamo/emo. You also compared Earth Crisis to Hopesfall, who are both great bands, but its like saying comparing Metallica to Cradle of Filth and saying they are in the same sub-genre!

Blood_Falcon

No Longer a Noob
Sep 3, 2003
Scarface_1979 said:
I totally don't agree with lumping Hardcore/Metalcore in with screamo/emo. You also compared Earth Crisis to Hopesfall, who are both great bands, but its like saying comparing Metallica to Cradle of Filth and saying they are in the same sub-genre!
The original post is ancient, horribly uninformed and a joke of the entire board. Talk of correcting and updating it has been going on for years but never been realised.

Jkis6622

Noob
Feb 20, 2002
Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof

Status
Not open for further replies.