TrailBlazerDude

MODerately Terrifying
★ MOD
May 15, 2009
I decided to preorder the Deluxe Edition last night, but I won’t get it until tomorrow. Looking forward to it. I remember being hyped for last year’s game for the first time in a while, but I think this one looks a lot more promising.

lildeew

Legend status, fuck a Noob
Jun 17, 2003
Showcase is a gotdamn chore, I hate the objectives so bad. It did provide some epic unlockables tho.

and downloaded a Caw just to see how it looks in-game and yup, massive improvement. No more plastic shit

TrailBlazerDude

MODerately Terrifying
★ MOD
May 15, 2009
First impressions: gameplay is smooth af. Played a few matches before jumping into GM mode. While there are some key improvements, there are still a few frustrating restrictions that nearly ruin it for me again. I’ll continue to mess around with it, but why can’t we get something similar to what we saw in SVR? If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

wweboo

Star
Sep 18, 2008
First impressions: gameplay is smooth af. Played a few matches before jumping into GM mode. While there are some key improvements, there are still a few frustrating restrictions that nearly ruin it for me again. I’ll continue to mess around with it, but why can’t we get something similar to what we saw in SVR? If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.
Yeah this iteration of GM Mode is almost more like a party game to play with friends, less than a true GM simulation mode.

RKO-Cutter

Definition of jackass
Aug 18, 2008
Beat MyRise tonight, well the Men's story

I have an issue or two with it, but taking potential recency bias into account, it may be my favorite story/career mode in all the wrestling games I've played. MAYBE 2K19 has it beat, maybe.

Nov 17, 2007
It looks like the good CAWs are finally here. Are there finally any good Hardy Boyz/Dudley Boyz CAWs? Cause man there some pitiful ones when the game first came out.

lildeew

Jun 17, 2003
It looks like the good CAWs are finally here. Are there finally any good Hardy Boyz/Dudley Boyz CAWs? Cause man there some pitiful ones when the game first came out.

Yeah I saw some good Dudleyz by mpcaws

Nothing for the Hardyz yet (besides their solo shit)

TrailBlazerDude

MODerately Terrifying
★ MOD
May 15, 2009
Haven’t had a chance to play 2k23 in a few days - how happy are we with the presentation of the Steiners?

I’ve seen some clips of Hit Row and they look great.

RKO-Cutter

Definition of jackass
Aug 18, 2008
Here's a take:

Franchises that release basically the same game over and over get a lot of unwarranted hate. I'm not talking about sports games like Madden or Fifa where you can accomplish the same with a roster update, but stuff like the original Assassin's Creed run. I liked that it was Assassin's Creed: Another One, I liked having familiar game just with a new story and updated/improved mechanics. Sometimes games need a fresh reboot like God of War, but I was fairly annoyed at the shift AC Origins made (though I know it's loved by many) It's this sentiment which is why so many people were resistant to BotW and TotK too. Not disputing those are both heavily successful games, but there's still hoards of Zelda fans who liked the linear temples, hookshots, boomerangs, etc.

Anyway, all this to say I'm fucking pumped for Assassin's Creed Mirage

Last edited:

RKO-Cutter

Definition of jackass
Aug 18, 2008
I’ve yet to play an assassins creed game. But I’ve kept up with plenty of AAA titles. How bad am I missing out?
Hard to say

Assassin's Creed was revolutionary, but the thing about being revolutionary is that as time goes on, there's a dozen games that take the same principles.

I loved the story, and if for example you see The Ezio Trilogy on sale, I'd say grab it. Also sometimes the entire series is on sale as a bundle for like $60

Edit: Found it, it's $200 full price, but they definitely go over 50% off on sales

And here's the Ezio collection

Last edited:

sH0Tz

#HeadOfTheTable
Feb 26, 2014
Oh shit, I didn't know Owen Hart was part of the AEW games' roster. I'm really tempted to get the game. Wish there was a demo to give it a try first.

TrailBlazerDude

MODerately Terrifying
★ MOD
May 15, 2009
Oh shit, I didn't know Owen Hart was part of the AEW games' roster. I'm really tempted to get the game. Wish there was a demo to give it a try first.
Strange that Owen is the only legend in the game (especially since he was gone long before AEW even came into existence), but I won’t complain. His inclusion in a video game is long overdue.

Nov 17, 2007
Here's a take:

Franchises that release basically the same game over and over get a lot of unwarranted hate. I'm not talking about sports games like Madden or Fifa where you can accomplish the same with a roster update, but stuff like the original Assassin's Creed run. I liked that it was Assassin's Creed: Another One, I liked having familiar game just with a new story and updated/improved mechanics. Sometimes games need a fresh reboot like God of War, but I was fairly annoyed at the shift AC Origins made (though I know it's loved by many) It's this sentiment which is why so many people were resistant to BotW and TotK too. Not disputing those are both heavily successful games, but there's still hoards of Zelda fans who liked the linear temples, hookshots, boomerangs, etc.

Anyway, all this to say I'm fucking pumped for Assassin's Creed Mirage

I see your point with Assassin's Creed more than Zelda. AC was a relatively new franchise so they made a pivot pretty quickly. Zelda is a 20+ year old franchise. We should be alright with them taking SOME risk after decades of success. Like the Mario movie made me go "ya know...I'm ready for some voiceover in a Mario game. Just fuck it. Let's do it." If it bombs then it bombs but I'm cool with the occasional curveball.

Dead2009

Almost Not a Noob
Nov 8, 2019
Baltimore
AEW Fight Forever Elite Edition Content Revealed

The AEW: Fight Forever Elite Edition includes access to even more AEW wrestlers and over-the-top minigames including:

Early Access (24-hour/available Wednesday, June 28 - console only)
Matt Hardy Pack (Pre-Order Bonus)

FTR: Revival Pack which features AEW wrestlers Dax Harwood and Cash Wheeler PLUS minigames JoinUs and Deth Race-X

Limitless Bunny Bundle which features AEW wrestlers The Bunny and Keith Lee PLUS minigames MJF Car Thrash and Sloth Sling

Hookhausen Very Handsome, Very Evil Pack which features AEW wrestlers HOOK and Danhausen

The Elite Edition will give you access to 6 more in-game roster wrestlers: Dax Harwood, Cash Wheeler, The Bunny, Keith Lee, HOOK and Danhausen, and 4 mini-games inspired by the biggest wrestlers in AEW.

The Elite edition will cost $79.99.

lildeew

Jun 17, 2003
It does to me. With the art style they’re using for the models. His attire is based off his NJPW run too which is 🔥

makoncrayley

The Wildcard
Jul 18, 2008
Yeah it honestly doesn't look that off from what he actually looked like at the time. Maybe slightly older looking, but close enough.

RKO-Cutter

Definition of jackass
Aug 18, 2008
Well my PS4's acting up after an unexpected shutdown during a brief power outage

This may be the lord telling me to get a PS5 finally