RKO-Cutter

Definition of jackass
Aug 18, 2008
I guess I foresaw me getting a PS5 much sooner

Probably shouldn't have even gotten the PS4+PS5 version of 2K22 if 2K23's gonna be out before I get one

TrailBlazerDude

MODerately Terrifying
★ MOD
May 15, 2009
Gameplay looks very similar to 2k22, but that WarGames set looks niiiiice. Double title entrances are back too. Unfortunately the commentary is still pretty lame.

makoncrayley

The Wildcard
Jul 18, 2008

I have really high hopes for this game being better than the last one. This kickout system looks incredible.

wweboo

Star
Sep 18, 2008
Johnny getting that dodge the clothesline into the Crossroads was perfect. Love when shit like that happens in these games.

lildeew

Legend status, fuck a Noob
Jun 17, 2003
Now that 03 Lesnar is confirmed in the Showcase, I'ma go ahead and pre-order the physical Deluxe edition (as opposed to the Icon, which was digital only).

cord_wd

And I swear that I don't have a gun...
May 5, 2005
Los Barrio
Now that 03 Lesnar is confirmed in the Showcase, I'ma go ahead and pre-order the physical Deluxe edition (as opposed to the Icon, which was digital only).
Facts! I wanted the Deluxe for the cover alone, but getting 03 Brock makes it a for sure thing.

TrailBlazerDude

MODerately Terrifying
★ MOD
May 15, 2009
That one is definitely a wait and see approach before I consider buying. It feels like the kind of game that would get old fast.

Charlemagne2012

Super Star
Mar 31, 2012
That one is definitely a wait and see approach before I consider buying. It feels like the kind of game that would get old fast.
Even setting aside all of JK Rowling's garbage (like her explicitly saying if you buy any of her media, you support her transphobia and are just too scared to say so publicly), the game just looks like repetitive garbage that as you said, would get old quickly. That's before you consider that the plot bears an incredibly uncomfortable resemblance to Blood Libel as well.

I'm still amused at the number of people intent on hitching their wagon to it in order to "own the libs", though.

wweboo

Star
Sep 18, 2008
The way I look at it, is imagine if they announced Avatar: The Last Airbender open world RPG and in the same breath the co-creators came out as transphobic. Like Id be very conflicted feeling. It is only easy for me to ignore this game because I never liked these kind of games and I never was that into HP. So I'm not mad at people who make the conscious, or even unconscious decisions to buy this game because it is worth more to them to find some personal happiness. I will be disgusted though at the people specifically buy this game as a political statement because they want to be hateful towards others.

Serpent.222

Super Star
Feb 13, 2012
Here. On a board. With you.
The way I look at it, is imagine if they announced Avatar: The Last Airbender open world RPG and in the same breath the co-creators came out as transphobic. Like Id be very conflicted feeling. It is only easy for me to ignore this game because I never liked these kind of games and I never was that into HP. So I'm not mad at people who make the conscious, or even unconscious decisions to buy this game because it is worth more to them to find some personal happiness. I will be disgusted though at the people specifically buy this game as a political statement because they want to be hateful towards others.

I don't think that people are gonna be buying the game as a political statement. But inflating the scores? Yeah. I can see that.

But, who knows. People surprise me a lot.

RKO-Cutter

Definition of jackass
Aug 18, 2008
I don't think that people are gonna be buying the game as a political statement. But inflating the scores? Yeah. I can see that.

I feel like inflating is just as likely as review bombing, so who knows

wweboo

Star
Sep 18, 2008

I've already seen a post on Facebook from someone saying they've bought it on PS5 and Steam just as a fuck you to the people boycotting. I never put anything past folks who feel like their identity is being attacked.

Feb 12, 2006
Somewhere
I kinda hate the idea of the game doing well, but I also can't really fault anyone for buying it and enjoying it.

For HP fans, this sounds like the game they've been wanting for forever and though it's easy to look at everything about J.K. Rowling's bigotry like it's all common knowledge, there's gonna be plenty of people who either know nothing about it or have a passing awareness at best. It's just a video game to be purchased, played and enjoyed, for many people the politics wrapped up in the author of the books won't even come into it.

That's not even to speak of all the devs who worked hard on the game and I can't really say they deserve to be punished just because they made a game based on a popular universe, which happened to be created by a shitty person who likely didn't start her shit until after they'd already begun making it.

That all makes it complicated that J.K. Rowling isn't just your usual "they're a dick". If it was just simply that her opinions weren't great or she acted like a twat, you could easily ignore it. Should you? Ehhh, that's a debate in itself, but we do it all the time just living our lives. The problem comes from the fact she doesn't just limit it to having the opinion; she actively spends her time campaigning against the people she hates, using the influence from her fame to push her own agenda to the detriment of many, many people.

But that's just my rambled thoughts on the matter. It's easy as hell for me to just say "fuck JKR and fuck giving her money" because I was never interested in HP at any stage of my life, so I was never gonna spend a penny on it to start with. But it's a kinda complicated situation, made so mostly by her being shittier-than-usual shitty. So. Yeah. Fuck JKR.

EDIT: And also... Fuck those people buying the game, or pretending to buy the game, just for the sake of spite.

Last edited:

lildeew

Jun 17, 2003
Yup, all the plastic looking CAW complaints I had for 2K22 appears to be addressed/fixed. Hype level at a 💯 now

sH0Tz

#HeadOfTheTable
Feb 26, 2014
@RKO-Cutter If I get 2K23 and make a CAW will you be able to use it? I'm on X Box (Series S), can they be downloaded cross platform?

makoncrayley

The Wildcard
Jul 18, 2008
2k23's roster dropped:

• AJ Styles
  • Akira Tozawa
  • Alba Fyre
  • Alexa Bliss
  • Aliyah
  • André the Giant
  • Angel Garza
  • Angelo Dawkins
  • Apollo Crews
  • Asuka
  • Austin Theory
  • Axiom
  • Batista
  • Bayley
  • Becky Lynch
  • Beth Phoenix
  • Bianca Belair
  • Big Boss Man
  • Big E
  • Bobby Lashley
  • Boogeyman
  • Booker T
  • Braun Strowman
  • Bret "The Hit Man" Hart
  • Brie Bella
  • British Bulldog
  • Brock Lesnar
  • Bron Breakker
  • Bruno Sammartino
  • Brutus Creed
  • Butch
  • Cactus Jack
  • Cameron Grimes
  • Carmella
  • Carmelo Hayes
  • Cedric Alexander
  • Chad Gable
  • Charlotte Flair
  • Chyna
  • Cody Rhodes
  • Commander Azeez
  • Cora Jade
  • Cruz Del Toro
  • Dakota Kai
  • Damian Priest
  • Dana Brooke
  • Dexter Lumis
  • Diesel
  • DOINK
  • Dolph Ziggler
  • Dominik Mysterio
  • Doudrop
  • Drew Gulak
  • Drew McIntyre
  • Eddie Guerrero
  • Edge
  • Elias
  • Eric Bischoff
  • Erik
  • Ezekiel
  • Faarooq
  • Giovanni Vinci
  • Finn Bálor
  • Gigi Dolin
  • Goldberg
  • Grayson Waller
  • Happy Corbin
  • Hollywood Hogan
  • Hulk Hogan
  • Humberto Carillo
  • The Hurricane
  • Ilja Dragunov
  • Indi Hartwell
  • IYO SKY
  • Ivar
  • Jacy Jayne
  • Jake “The Snake” Roberts
  • JD McDonagh
  • Jerry "The King" Lawler
  • Jey Uso
  • Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart
  • Jimmy Uso
  • Jinder Mahal
  • Joaquin Wilde
  • JBL
  • John Cena
  • Julius Creed
  • Kane
  • Karrion Kross
  • Katana Chance
  • Kayden Carter
  • Kevin Nash
  • Kevin Owens
  • Kofi Kingston
  • Kurt Angle
  • LA Knight
  • Lacey Evans
  • Liv Morgan
  • Lita
  • Logan Paul
  • Ludwig Kaiser
  • MACE
  • “Macho Man” Randy Savage
  • Madcap Moss
  • Mansoor
  • Matt Riddle
  • Maryse
  • Molly Holly
  • Montez Ford
  • Mr. McMahon
  • Mustafa Ali
  • MVP
  • Natalya
  • Nikki A.S.H.
  • Nikki Bella
  • Nikkita Lyons
  • Noam Dar
  • Omos
  • Otis
  • Queen Zelina
  • Randy Orton
  • Raquel Rodriguez
  • Razor Ramon
  • Reggie
  • Rey Mysterio
  • Rhea Ripley
  • Rick Boogs
  • Ricochet
  • Ridge Holland
  • Rikishi
  • Rob Van Dam
  • Robert Roode
  • Roman Reigns
  • Ronda Rousey
  • Rowdy Roddy Piper
  • Roxanne Perez
  • R-Truth
  • Sami Zayn
  • Santos Escobar
  • Scarlett
  • Scott Hall
  • Seth Rollins
  • Shane McMahon
  • Shanky
  • Shawn Michaels
  • Shayna Bazler
  • Sheamus
  • Shelton Benjamin
  • Shinsuke Nakamura
  • Shotzi
  • Solo Sikoa
  • Sonya Deville
  • Stacy Keibler
  • “Stone Cold” Steve Austin
  • Stephanie McMahon
  • Syxx
  • Tamina
  • T-BAR
  • Ted DiBiase
  • The Miz
  • The Rock
  • Titus O’Neil
  • Tommaso Ciampa
  • Triple H
  • Trish Stratus
  • Tyler Bate
  • Ultimate Warrior
  • Umaga
  • Undertaker
  • Vader
  • Veer Mahaan
  • GUNTHER
  • Wes Lee
  • Xavier Woods
  • Xia Li
  • X-Pac
  • Yokozuna
  • Zoey Stark
No Steiners at launch is lame as fuck, they better be DLC.

TrailBlazerDude

MODerately Terrifying
★ MOD
May 15, 2009
That's too long a list. Someone more dilligent and without a broken brain point out any missing inclusions, please.
Newer roster additions like Wyatt, Gargano, LaRae, Anderson, Gallows, etc. missed the cut.

Naomi was left off, as was Roddy Strong. A lot of the lesser known NXT didn’t make it, not to mention the outdated models for several talents.

No real legend surprises, so as others said, it’s disappointing to not see the Steiner Brothers on there.

lildeew

Jun 17, 2003
Yeah they about to milk these DLC packs lol and that's fine, just as long as we get the Steiners in one of them.

Serpent.222

Super Star
Feb 13, 2012
Here. On a board. With you.
Newer roster additions like Wyatt, Gargano, LaRae, Anderson, Gallows, etc. missed the cut.

Naomi was left off, as was Roddy Strong. A lot of the lesser known NXT didn’t make it, not to mention the outdated models for several talents.

No real legend surprises, so as others said, it’s disappointing to not see the Steiner Brothers on there.

I am always a bit surprised to see Bruno.

But yeah, I expect the steiners as DLC.

makoncrayley

The Wildcard
Jul 18, 2008
Gargano actually confirmed himself for launch so there might be other names that weren't included (unless he was the only one)

RKO-Cutter

Definition of jackass
Aug 18, 2008
I'm just waiting for what I always wait for: Someone who gets their hands on the game early to post a video of all the new movez

Charlemagne2012

Super Star
Mar 31, 2012
2K14 is still the most fun I've ever consistently had with a wrestling game that wasn't one where I spent the majority of my time simming matches (ie: Fire Pro).

I credit that to PSN being free at the time and having access to a great, dedicated community, plus the obvious present company in who I got to play against.

Nov 17, 2007
I will forever love 2K14 because of how fun the game was but also because that was the prime of my YouTube videos. My videos were never the same once 2K fully took over and they took away all the creative tools that 2K14 had. I'll never really forgive them for that but it is what it is.

RKO-Cutter

Definition of jackass
Aug 18, 2008
I will forever love 2K14 because of how fun the game was but also because that was the prime of my YouTube videos. My videos were never the same once 2K fully took over and they took away all the creative tools that 2K14 had. I'll never really forgive them for that but it is what it is.
Meanwhile I'm still mad 2K22 took away my ability to make universe cutscenes.

What's the point if I can't do a full preview!?

Nov 17, 2007
Meanwhile I'm still mad 2K22 took away my ability to make universe cutscenes.

What's the point if I can't do a full preview!?
Yeah I'll never understand why 2K just can't get that part of the game down. Their NBA 2K games are infinitely more robust when it comes to that stuff. If you look at that section of the YouTube community, their videos are great.