RKO-Cutter

Definition of jackass
Aug 18, 2008
Clearly you dont browse the rest of the forum lol
I'm just saying, randomly posting results of shows doesn't contribute anything, like, talk about them, tell us who you wanted to win between Chaos and BCC, or if Nooj should've pulled the trigger on Tsuji, or anything other than just "X beat Y"

RKO-Cutter

Definition of jackass
Aug 18, 2008
So Naito went in on all the changes to the G1

These series of changes are a deterioration that goes against the concept of the tournament
I don't mean to be dismissive, and it may be good in the sense that it gives opportunities to various fighters, but my image of the G1 Climax is that it's a tournament to determine the strongest from the strongest, in which only selected fighters can participate. I won't mention individual names, but there are some names in the tournament that I think are not going to be able to compete for the championship
Is there some particular reason why we must have so many people? Why not have matches between people in the fine line to find out who makes it and who doesn't?
The G1 is named after horse racing, after all. This is Grade 1. I don't agree with the current direction.
In last year's tournament, 14 out of 84 official matches took more than 20 minutes to finish, so the theory that 30 minutes is not necessary is not valid.
I would also like to see an explanation as to why the change to time limits was made, because if they make such a big deal of the 20 minute single match, the 15 minute single match for the TV title will lose its special feeling
The number of matches overall has increased, yet the number of matches per wrestler has decreased. If you're reducing the wrestling each person has to do by increasing the number of wrestlers, I think you're doing it wrong.
In baseball, a pitch clock has been introduced. This isn't a smart effort like the pitch clock, though. This is more like if you changed the game to a two strikes and you're out because you want to shorten the game time.
Now that it's been decided, it's time to try it out and see what the audience thinks. It's important to change, but we swung too far.

TheVert

Discreet in my funk
Jul 20, 2005
So Naito went in on all the changes to the G1

These series of changes are a deterioration that goes against the concept of the tournament
I don't mean to be dismissive, and it may be good in the sense that it gives opportunities to various fighters, but my image of the G1 Climax is that it's a tournament to determine the strongest from the strongest, in which only selected fighters can participate. I won't mention individual names, but there are some names in the tournament that I think are not going to be able to compete for the championship
Is there some particular reason why we must have so many people? Why not have matches between people in the fine line to find out who makes it and who doesn't?
The G1 is named after horse racing, after all. This is Grade 1. I don't agree with the current direction.
In last year's tournament, 14 out of 84 official matches took more than 20 minutes to finish, so the theory that 30 minutes is not necessary is not valid.
I would also like to see an explanation as to why the change to time limits was made, because if they make such a big deal of the 20 minute single match, the 15 minute single match for the TV title will lose its special feeling
The number of matches overall has increased, yet the number of matches per wrestler has decreased. If you're reducing the wrestling each person has to do by increasing the number of wrestlers, I think you're doing it wrong.
In baseball, a pitch clock has been introduced. This isn't a smart effort like the pitch clock, though. This is more like if you changed the game to a two strikes and you're out because you want to shorten the game time.
Now that it's been decided, it's time to try it out and see what the audience thinks. It's important to change, but we swung too far.
Source?

lildeew

Legend status, fuck a Noob
Jun 17, 2003
So AJPW has my full attention again

YUMAAA
It feels like that would’ve been Ashino had he not gotten injured but I’m fine with them handing it to Aoyagi. He is about where Miyahara was when they first gave him the ball.[\spoiler]

mitamaking

No Longer a Noob
Nov 22, 2013
So, Tanahashi is the new president of New Japan Pro Wrestling, seriously.

wweboo

Star
Sep 18, 2008
It is interesting how much more common it is in Japan for an active wrestler to also be the president. He's still one third of the 6 Man champions! Though for his own good I do hope this is a sign that he'll be slowing down.

AWSMan

No Longer "No Longer A Noob"
Sep 30, 2005
Raleigh, NC
It is interesting how much more common it is in Japan for an active wrestler to also be the president. He's still one third of the 6 Man champions! Though for his own good I do hope this is a sign that he'll be slowing down.
Nope, this is his ticket back in the main event picture!

That90sguy

Star
Feb 2, 2011
The Danger Zone
If Okada leaves then who does New Japan even have for their number one guy? One foot out the door Naito? SANADA? Might as well put Tana on top with a lesser schedule, and he can mix it up with Hiromu, Shingo, ZSJ, the young guys etc. Tana's only two years older than CM Punk.

AWSMan

No Longer "No Longer A Noob"
Sep 30, 2005
Raleigh, NC
I love Tanahashi, but he’s too broken down now to carry the company. I remember shortly after I started watching New Japan, he did an interview where he estimated he had about a dozen big matches left in him - and that was 10 years ago! Obviously he’s had way more than that since then, but his age is really starting to show in the pace of his matches. He just can’t reach that next gear anymore.

They need to finally pull the trigger on making ZSJ the top gaijin, if he was interested in going to America then he would have by now. And they should turn Shingo heel and give him his own faction to fill the hole left by Suzuki-Gun, because Nooj desperately needs a heel faction that doesn’t suck on purpose and/or because all the members actually suck.

Last edited:

RKO-Cutter

Definition of jackass
Aug 18, 2008
From WON

Stardom founder and booker Rossy Ogawa was fired today by Bushiroad after being accused of attempting to poach talent to leave the promotion.

The story dates back about nine months when Bushiroad execs started overruling Ogawa to the dismay of both himself and talent and some of the more outlandish booking decisions. Ogawa constantly being overruled on booking and business decisions by Bushiroad Fight President Katsuhiko Harada led to his decision to leave the company. Harada was later replaced by Taro Okada in that position in November. However this continued under Okada and Ogawa had already made plans to leave.

He had been under the impression that he would have autonomy on booking and business when he sold Stardom to Bushiroad in 2009. That included a five year-non compete.

It was known that the affiliation between the two sides was going to end on 2/18 as Ogawa had given notice some time back. At first, today’s show was to be his final show, but then the sides agreed to sever ties on 2/18. However, Bushiroad decided to get ahead of the story two weeks early and made the announcement publicly that he was fired after the talent was told in a meeting following today's show in Osaka.

A lot of the talent is loyal to Ogawa, who founded the company and gave most of the women their career breaks. Expect several departures from the group in March, when most of the contracts expire. The only wrestler under a longer term commitment to Stardom is IWGP Champion Mayu Iwatani, because of the movie on her life coming out.

Bushiroad had known about talent leaving and some were given legal threats in recent weeks. Those who are leaving wouldn't be doing so until their contracts expire. This is part of the story of why Giulia will not be wrestling in Chicago and had said she was taking time off in March, when her contract expires.

Ogawa is not going to WWE.

Okada and Bushiroad Fight merchandise manager Oyama will take over as the bookers for Stardom effective immediately. The two don't have any background as bookers although Okada was part of a pro wrestling club while in college that staged matches

Dead2009

Almost Not a Noob
Nov 8, 2019
Baltimore

New Japan Pro Wrestling has announced the blocks for this year’s Best of the Super Juniors tournament, which begins on May 11. The finals will be held on June 9. There will be two blocks with ten wrestlers each. They include:

BLOCK A:
* El Desperado
* Kevin Knight
* BUSHI
* Titan
* TJP
* Kosei Fujita
* Blake Christian
* Clark Connors
* Yoshinobu Kanemaru
* HAYATA

BLOCK B:
* KUSHIDA
* Hiromu Takahashi
* DOUKI
* Francesco Akira
* Robbie Eagles
* Taiji Ishimori
* Drilla Moloney
* SHO
* Dragon Dia
* Ninja Mack

Dead2009

Almost Not a Noob
Nov 8, 2019
Baltimore
NJPW has an updated lineup for their Resurgence event next weekend. The company announced the following full card for the May 11th show, which takes place in Ontario, California and will air on NJPW World:

* IWGP World Heavyweight Championship Match: Jon Moxley vs. Shota Umino
* NJPW Strong Openweight Championship No Rope Last Man Standing Match: Eddie Kingston vs. Gabe Kidd
* NEVER Openweight Championship Match: Shingo Takagi vs. Yuya Uemura
* NJPW World TV Championship Match: Jeff Cobb vs. Lance Archer
* NJPW Strong Women’s Championship Match: Stephanie Vaquer vs. Alex Windsor
* STRONG Openweight Tag Team Championship Match: TMDK vs. Guerrillas of Destiny
* Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
* Yota Tsuji & Tetsuya Naito vs. KENTA & David Finlay
* Fred Rosser & Tom Lawlor vs. Royce Isaacs & Jorel Nelson
* The DKC, Rocky Romero & Tomohiro Ishii vs. Jack Perry, Ren Narita & EVIL
* Mustafa Ali vs. Lio Rush
* Matt Vandagriff vs. Adrian Quest

this seems like a solid card, may check it out