blue.jay.link

Super Star
Jul 30, 2008
This board is truly dead. No posts for maybe the best HR derby ever? (not that I made a thread either)

rocknrollsisyphus

We all go a little mod sometimes.
★ MOD
Feb 9, 2011
So Trout is obviously the odds on favorite for MVP, as is tradition, do you guys think Bogaerts will get some top 5 votes?
I imagine so - he's arguably the second-best hitter in the American League right now, and he's a plus defensive shortstop. If the season ended today, my top-five would probably be:
  1. Trout
  2. Bogaerts
  3. Chapman
  4. Bregman
  5. LeMahieu or Devers

MVP_21Cubs

Star
Jul 23, 2004
I don't know if anyone else here has taken a vacation like I did last week but I saw 5 baseball games from Monday through Saturday at 4 different MLB parks and it was fantastic. Got to visit 3 new parks (Milwaukee, Minnesota, and Chicago) and 1 repeat (Cleveland) and it was just an awesome experience. Hoping to eventually hit up all 30, currently at 11.

Ocks-Wifed

Star
Oct 31, 2015
I went to Wrigley last week. Glad I went just to say I’ve been to some classic stadiums (wrigley, Fenway, old tigers stadium) but the overall experience was kind underwhelming.

rocknrollsisyphus

★ MOD
Feb 9, 2011
Trevor Bauer has a year and a half of team control remaining. He has a career 112 ERA+ (125 in 2019) and 3.87 FIP (4.17 in 2019). To obtain him, the Reds gave up:
  • Yasiel Puig - league-average bat with plus defense in RF (expiring)
  • Taylor Trammell - consensus top-30 (if not higher) prospect
  • Scott Moss - back-of-the-rotation type prospect
Marcus Stroman has a year and a half of team control remaining. He has a career 113 ERA+ (152 in 2019) and 3.61 FIP (3.52 in 2019). To obtain him, the Mets gave up:
  • Anthony Kay - back-of-the-rotation type prospect
  • Simeon Woods-Richardson - back-of-the-rotation type prospect
Those two are all the Blue Jays received for Stroman. On the other hand, because it was a three-team deal, Cleveland ended up with:
  • Puig
  • Moss
  • Franmil Reyes - 24-year-old RF/DH with 121 OPS+ and five and a half years of team control
  • Logan Allen - consensus top-100 prospect (will probably lose eligibility this year), possible mid-rotation starter
  • Victor Nova - 19-year-old prospect, probably a bench player
It's absolutely staggering how much better Cleveland did here. Especially considering Bauer literally cursed out his manager and hucked a ball into the outfield bleachers in the middle of a game this weekend.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4121907

Original poster
pretty happy with the braves pick ups of chris martin, shane greene and mark melancon

nothing too groundbreaking and greene is probably going to regress a little at some point but good solid depth who are big upgrades over the bottom 3 of the bullpen.

didn't give up too much either

Last edited by a moderator:

DaaaaaBears

Super Star
May 30, 2006
So with the Moldanado for Tony Kemp trade, the Cubs basically turned Dan Vogelbach into Kemp (Vogelback > Montgomery > Moldanado > Kemp).

Vogelbach was blocked here and Montgomery gave us several quality seasons and got the last out of the World Series, but funny how that turned out.

woy1509

Star
Jul 24, 2008

Mozeliak, Girsch, and DeWitt are a bunch of cowards.
Five days after the deadline, we went from first place in the NL Central to out of the postseason altogether.

Michael Wacha returned to the rotation and went 3.2 IP, 7 H, 6 R, 6 ER, 2 BB, 3 K last night against the Dodgers.

Dakota Hudson went 3.2 IP, 5 H, 4 R, 3 ER, 5 BB, 7 K against the A's on Saturday.

This front office is a fucking joke.

D

Deleted member 4121907

Original poster
shane greene took 3 appearances to get demoted from closer to setup on the braves lol

melancon is now the closer

Last edited by a moderator:

ALayton90

No Longer a Noob
Dec 27, 2017
23-2

Can the Baltimore Orioles be relegated to Triple A now?

My God, the Astros are a well-oiled machine at this point.

Yordan Alvarez is going to be special.

dab7291993

Super Star
Nov 19, 2006
Brad Hand blowing saves on back-to-back nights is concerning.

He's supposed to be the most steady guy we have in the bullpen.

Carlos Santana hitting game winning home runs from different sides of the plate in two straight nights is neat, though.

Last edited:

dab7291993

Super Star
Nov 19, 2006
Explain this: Cleveland closes the 2019 season with a visit to Washington. If they're battling for a playoff spot down to the wire, I dont think it makes sense for that to hinge on interleague play.

If Cleveland has to exhaust its pitching staff due to pinch hitting and situational baseball, then has to play a one game wildcard I feel like that's a huge disadvantage. Neither Oakland or Tampa Bay close the season with interleague play.

D

Deleted member 4121907

Original poster

lol donaldson has started trotting around the bases holding an invisible umbrella on his home run trots now

Ocks-Wifed

Star
Oct 31, 2015
Explain this: Cleveland closes the 2019 season with a visit to Washington. If they're battling for a playoff spot down to the wire, I dont think it makes sense for that to hinge on interleague play.

If Cleveland has to exhaust its pitching staff due to pinch hitting and situational baseball, then has to play a one game wildcard I feel like that's a huge disadvantage. Neither Oakland or Tampa Bay close the season with interleague play.
You face the Royals, Tigers, and White Sox 60 times stop talking about disadvantages

rocknrollsisyphus

★ MOD
Feb 9, 2011

There's always at least one intlerleague series going on. It's unavoidable.

To me, this would be the same as complaining that your team is playing the Yankees and their chief competitor is playing the Orioles. They're playing extraordinary similar schedules on the season as a whole, and every game counts just the same.

D

Deleted member 4121907

Original poster
russell martin (yes the catcher) has a 0.00 era and 2.21 FIP in 4 IP this year

Sawyerson

I'll saw yer son.
Feb 25, 2007
So the Cardinals and Reds are playing double headers today and tomorrow. There's part of me that finds joy in that since the Cubs enter today a game behind the Cardinals but I really feel like there should be a rule against letting that happen

D

Deleted member 4121907

Original poster
braves pls sign donaldson to whatever 2-3 year deal he wants

I think he wants to stay too

D

Deleted member 4121907

Original poster
braves clinch a playoff spot and soon the division

also

gimr3hlv0z431.png

Buffy_1997

Black Canarylicious
★ MOD
Jul 3, 2009
The Brewers are 13-2 since losing Christian Yelich to a fracture knee cap and granted it's been against the Marlins, Pirates, Padres and Reds but they did take 2 of 3 in St Louis as well and thus....are in the playoffs for the 2nd straight season!

MidnightRain

Segata Banshiro
Nov 14, 2000
MN
The Brewers are 13-2 since losing Christian Yelich to a fracture knee cap and granted it's been against the Marlins, Pirates, Padres and Reds but they did take 2 of 3 in St Louis as well and thus....are in the playoffs for the 2nd straight season!
Won again today so a game back of St Louis for the division with three to play. We're doing this without our best offensive player to boot. Only the second time in franchise history to make the post-season in back to back years. ('81-'82 being the other)

Last edited: