Status
Not open for further replies.

Bot-IGN

<marquee> Crush... Kill... Post Articles... </marq
Mar 28, 2001
Article Comments for [link=http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/902/902269p1.html]Tales of Vesperia Review[/link]
by Ryan Geddes

Summary:
Ten years after it first came to U.S. shores, the Tales series of role-playing games from Japanese developer and publisher Bandai Namco is still going strong. And to celebrate its longevity, Namco Tales Studio has created Tales of Vesperia, an Xbox 360 exclusive that brings the Tales world into high-definition for the first time. [link=http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/902/902269p1.html]Read Full Article[/link]

JinAndJews

Noob
Apr 28, 2007
Going to get this game for free at Prize Rebel. If you want to get get games for free too then sign up at the link below and fill out the free surveys
http://www.prizerebel.com/index.php?r=457184

BboySmallz

Noob
Jan 24, 2004
I would also like to add that this is a very well done video and written review. Thanks IGN for pickin your game up!

Feb 26, 2008
I weep that this is on the 360. I love JRPGs. I hope tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World is at least this good.

Mar 7, 2008
I'm disappointed that it didn't get a better score. I was hoping for 8.4 or 8.6 but I'm still getting it. Games like this are what the 360 needs.

ZeroX916

Noob
Apr 15, 2003
I'm kind of disappointed that the graphics took such a hit but reviews all over the place back that up. The anime scenes did look a but soft.

Jofflic

Noob
Aug 29, 2007
Since its only the graphics that seem to hold this game down this review isn't dissappointing at all.

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
I'm a little disappointed that the score wasn't a bit higher. If the graphics are a little shaky though then it seems reasonable. If the gameplay is there then that's what's really important. I'm sure it will still be a very fun experience.

tumble996

Happiness isn't good enough. I demand Euphoria!
Nov 24, 2005
our custom strategy, "Fly, U Fools!"

Just rubbing it in Daemon's face aren't you Geddes?

616matt616

Noob
Mar 20, 2008
wow, a lot of good RPGs to look forward to but their to spread out. I need every console. I really want to play this with all that dialogue and voice acting. It sounds delicious.

sci-fi_fan

Almost Not a Noob
May 6, 2007
I wish that the battle system in the Tales games would return to the linear system they used in Tales of Phantasia instead of the 3D system the series currently uses. Either that or they should give players full control over character movement without the need to lock onto enemies. The current 3D linear system feels to constricting. If they want to keep me locked onto enemies when I fight at least make it 2.5D. That would be much more manageable. Otherwise get rid of the linear movement in the 3D environments and let me move in all directions instead of just left and right.

habit0422

Prime Member
Nov 26, 2006
Did the reviewer really dis the skits? There a great part of the series and add lots of humor.

Stats87

Noob
Jul 10, 2007
The "Tales Of" series has always been a smaller RPG, but with a very dedicated following.

I loved Tales of Symphonia for Gamecube and Tales of Phantasia for the SNES. Legendia and Abyss for the PS2 were both pretty good as well, especially the latter.

I'll definitely be giving this a look, but I'm more looking forward to Tales of Symphonia: DotNW for the Wii.

icelund

Noob
Jun 12, 2008
Well I can't say I'm surprised by this review. This is an excellent series that deserves more attention in the US. Symphonia was probably my favorite Cube game so you can imagine my excitement when Vesperia was announced for the 360. Good to know that 4 player coop is back, that has to be the greatest feature I've ever seen in an RPG.

Nathanmaxtro

No Longer a Noob
Aug 12, 2005
quote=R3SPECT: Why do you weep that this is on the 360? Aren't all the good JRPGs on the 360 this gen?
-----------------
Maybe because we didn't know that when we bought our PS3 or Wii.

Out of all the games on the 360, the only two exclusives I want are Tales of Vesperia and Star Ocean 4. Are they enough reason to buy a 360? I haven't decided yet.

Rhuno

Prime Member
Oct 21, 2000
Nathanmaxtro: You should try Lost Odyssey if you haven't already; that's one of the best RPG's I've played in a while.

May 6, 2007
It is funny how the tables have turned this gen. Last gen PS2 dominated the RPG genre, now this gen PS3 is trailing far behind in RPG. Folklore is a great underrated game, but it's the only PS3 exclusive RPG (thats any good, Untold Legends doesnt count).

Dec 6, 2006
Nathanmaxtro, Lost Odyssey is pretty good. I'm in 53 hours and have yet to finish it. Of course I'm trying to do all side quests and all achievements. Haha. Also, IU looks interesting and you should keep an eye on it.

Apr 20, 2002
@PinkOrangutanGrl

while the PS3 IS lagging behind, thats not exactly true

Valkyria Chronicles is cool (if you've already imported it)
Tears to Tiara and Agarest Senki are both pretty good but are the type that have next to no chance of getting released in the US
Disgaea 3

threre's actually been more than few jrpgs on the PS3, but are from the vast library of jrpgs that never get talked about in the western game media, leading to the false impression ppl that dun pay attention to imports get that there've been no rpgs on the PS3.
and thats only sticking to the ones that have been released. thats not mentioning there're quite a few that to date are still PS3 exclusive but are slated for sometime in the coming year

Fortwaba

Noob
Oct 24, 2007
PS3 exclusives are always slated to come out the coming year. Out of the 30+ mega hyped PS3 exclusives, only about 5 have come out (that are actually any good).

Rhoic

Noob
Apr 27, 2008
Actually um.. Disgaea 3 isn't getting as high of scores as the others. It's sitting on about a 84 average from the scores so far.

Saintjules

No Longer a Noob
Oct 21, 2002
Been waiting all summer for this game. Just sucks a bit that it comes out when I go back to classes that week.

I was expecting an 8.8 from the reviewer. Seems his biggest gripes were the skits, and background design.

Long game? Hell yea [face_cool]

Gobez

Noob
Aug 2, 2000
The battle system makes me cry. Even Japan doesn't make traditional Japanese RPGs anymore.

TheMurloc

Noob
Jun 20, 2005
"The battle system makes me cry. Even Japan doesn't make traditional Japanese RPGs anymore." - This is a joke right? Have you even heard of the Tales series, or maybe Star Ocean? Two of the biggest JRPG series around and they both have real-time battle systems. JRPG does not automatically equate to turn-based (thank god).

Masashin

Prime Member
Oct 19, 2007
Never been a fan of the battlesystem, but i always loved the characters,story etc..so it's more then worth it to put up with the system.

enemy2k

Noob
Jul 24, 2005
I am looking forward to this game, I will definitely cop this one. I like the smoking wolf/dog lol

Sep 3, 2007
Damn what a good review. It's just like Tales of the Abyss, little lacking on the graphics side, but the character interaction is at max. Probably one of the few games where characters seem alive. It is worth buying 360 just for Tales of Vesperia.

Status
Not open for further replies.