Status
Not open for further replies.

Bot-IGN

<marquee> Crush... Kill... Post Articles... </marq
Mar 28, 2001
Article Comments for [link=http://ps3.ign.com/articles/114/1140252p1.html]Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2 DLC Kills Your Heroes[/link]
by Greg Miller

Summary:
Remember Return of the Jedi? Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2's new DLC turns that movie on its head and slams a lightsaber through its face. [link=http://ps3.ign.com/articles/114/1140252p1.html]Read Full Article[/link]

theChadGrn

Noob
Oct 31, 2010
Lol I just realized something, Starkiller looks a LOT like an assassin's creed design.(Notice the long hood and the lenghty flaps on his lower torso). Also this is the first time i've seen some footage of the game and it's shitty man. Both Han and Chewy went out wayyyy to easy. Leia just died out of pure stupidity, this game FAILS! ( Also, i see what you guys mean when you say it's repetetive, i mean come on in "Sorry, Han and Chewy" all you did was Jump, JUMP again, Throw, and repeat....)

Skittrox

Noob
Aug 5, 2009
@quentenburnett, that's the whole idea of the Expanded Universe, which Force Unleashed is based on. It's not a continuation of the actual story, but more of a "What if?" take on it.

Nov 22, 2010
YES thank The LORD!! The fact that they are changing the story up means that they are moving on! (hopefully!) This is Fantastic! (the change. not them dying)

Aug 30, 2010
@Skittrox, I'm pretty sure the Expanded Universe IS a continuation of the actual story. And most of the EU novels I've read have far surpassed their source material.

Jul 30, 2006
I hope its free, if not i will NOT download it. That game is too short and expensieve. Im one of the dumbs who boght the limited edition. DAAAMN im dumb. Ill never buy any star wars game again.

Jul 30, 2006
I hope its free, if not i will NOT download it. That game is too short and expensieve. Im one of the dumbs who boght the limited edition. DAAAMN im dumb. Ill never buy any star wars game again.

Nakedboy2k

Noob
Oct 22, 2008
I love it. The twist on the Star Wars universe with the DLC was the best part of the first game. Looking forward to playing this on the second.

chingon_85

Noob
Jul 1, 2009
that's horrible =( and WTF Lucasarts, when they hell are you going to make a game based on the orignal trilogy for the new systems (PS3 & XB-360)?? it'd be great to be able to play as Luke, Han, Chewie, etc.

Mar 28, 2010
you know that when a story is really love like this one not just by the fans but by the people who make it, it starts to show this what if's moments

Jan 26, 2009
The lego games were the closest thing to a good Star Wars game with the exception of the Old Republic Series which yes, is a big majority of the Star Wars games out there but even the Lego one were to comedical to truely enjoy. Why can't LA give us a good Star Wars game without all this stupid over the top "what if" shit and corny comedy. To come up with something like Star Wars proves they have a crew with great imaginations and ideas so.....where the hell does the creativity go when they make games?

Jul 19, 2007
quentenburnett said:
Am I the only one annoyed that Force Unleashed completely disregards the story of the series?
I don't think you quite understand that this isn't official canon material, the main games stories (1 and 2) are considered canon. However the dlc packs like this are not, they are like someone said above "what if" scenarios.
The dlc packs are NOT expanded universe.

Dec 6, 2010
I thought the Battle Front games on Xbox and PS2 were good games. I liked the first force unleashed, but it got repetitious. Im waiting for this game to lower in price before I buy it.

Jun 10, 2006
I wouldn't have guessed that was supposed to be Leia unless I had been told. Seriously, did they even try to make her look like Carrie Fisher?

Not that I really expect better from TFU at this point.

Linklex77

Noob
Apr 18, 2009
I thought you didn't kill Luke in the original DLC.

-SPOILER ALERT- I thought you turned him into your apprentice.

Aug 5, 2010
lol who keeps buying this constant inflow of dlc crap? i can't believe it has been successful enough to continue with this practice, idk i just could never see myself buying any DLC except under extremely rare circumstances

severus513

Prime Member
Aug 10, 2007
Didn't starkiller turn Luke into his apprentice in the first round of DLC. There was no hint that he was killed. They should have had him comeback to endor and leia turns luke from the dark side and starkiller has to fight them both.

tgb11591

Noob
Jul 10, 2007
see, this is why this series is fucking crap. it retains not one bit of the essence of the original trilogy. instead it takes the crap that made the prequel trilogy infamous for dropping the quality of the series and multiplies it.

GameMD

Noob
Jun 7, 2010
i'm tired of seeing companies bastardize the starwars franchise... if it's so damn important to pop culture, why don't they get real hardcore fans together to string up better stories? i mean, this is a "what if..." starwars universe, right? let real fans have a go at it... make several versions depending on the choices the players make... no way on earth fans would dry out of "what if scenarios". get this together and sign me up lucas arts :)

CaseyC4

Noob
Oct 24, 2010
They need to branch away from the original 6 movies like Bioware did. To really reboot the franchise Lucas needs to make a new movie in a different time of the Starwars universe. I mean a movie about Darth Revan would be flippin' sweet.

Mando44646

Noob
Jul 30, 2010
hell, this is the cheapest priced DLC Ive ever seen. so why not buy it when its cheaper than a single rock band song

Sep 6, 2010
Finally, evil wins. This is much better, I'm sick and tired of that good guys win evil dies sh*t. We need more epicness, not sodding idiocrcy from warm harted sh*t eaters. You want good guys win trash ? go back to playing Hello Kity Online. Leave the computer game creating to people with balls and brains, thank you. PS. Sometimes I feel like im the only one who likes change and epicness, and not stupidity.

Afro_Huey

Noob
Jun 2, 2010
so im confused here. This DLC is a continuation from the first game's DLC... but your not the original Starkiller who was good in the 2nd Game? I'm confused lol.

In the first game, Starkiller was turned into a pseudo Darth Vader and went about killing Bobba Fett and utterly destroying Obi Wan. After that he TURNED Luke to the Darkside and made him his apprentice on Hoth.

The second game only seems real if you were good in the first... so if the DLC for an evil apperentice clone is fighting a jedi Lei... who mentions Luke from the first game... how does that make sense????

Also who would teach Lei? Obi wan, Luke, and Yoda are dead so....

Mizo13

Noob
Jan 21, 2009
Looks alright, but after seeing that I'd like to see a spin off where you play Leia as a Jedi.

organbank

Noob
Jun 17, 2006
Meh, I think I'll wait 18 months for when the "Sith Edition' of FU2 is half price then pick it up...only way I would buy this rip off game.

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
I'm waiting for when I can get both games for $20 or something. They seem like they'd be fun, but a total rip-off for full price. The vids were kinda lame too. $20 all inclusive, yes..

Status
Not open for further replies.