Rasecul

Tap Dodger
Jul 29, 2007
CAVE
I have Rivals but I haven't played this game in ages.. I asked a few months ago but you guys can re-add me (if you want) since I had to change PSN. New PSN is DenT4FacE, silly name I'm well aware.. it's a long story.

Also, I never was great at this game and I'm definitely worse than I was so... I'm in it for fun with a pinch of competitive sauce.

Nintendo113

Super Star
Jul 23, 2005
Canada, Eh?
Nintendo113altOG is my PSN.

I'm still pretty good, definitely not when like a year or two ago, but still up there. Part of it feels as if I don't have the calibration just right, and the other is the fucking God awful thing they did with solos where it counts as if you strummed if you have a finger touch a button while you're waiting for it. It's causing me a lot of problems with streaks and missing notes I shouldn't. Can't really do snakes anymore because of it and a lot of FC's are just 100's. I'm really surprised no one else is talking about this.

Anyways, at this point it's more just to have fun, plus my guitar springs up the overdrive whenever it wants. (going to try and fix that however by taking it apart and just taking the tilt function completely off, I never use it anyways.)

Rasecul

Tap Dodger
Jul 29, 2007
CAVE
I hate how I can't get a good calibration [face_frustrated]

It's decent for certain songs but it's off for most, so annoying.

diamondtime

The shadows betray you, because they belong to me.
Nov 18, 2004
San Diego, CA
So I was randomly rolling through my saved game data on the xbone last night and saw I had 200+ items ready to install including all the AC/DC, Green Day, Lego, some random DLC I didn't get on my initial download, and all of RB1

Chalk one up for the good guys

SensFan101

Rock Band Board Minister of Foreign Affairs
Apr 1, 2007
So I was randomly rolling through my saved game data on the xbone last night and saw I had 200+ items ready to install including all the AC/DC, Green Day, Lego, some random DLC I didn't get on my initial download, and all of RB1

That's actually been happening a lot with X-Box users!

diamondtime

Nov 18, 2004
San Diego, CA

That's actually been happening a lot with X-Box users!

I was pleasantly surprised. About to boot up and play some old favorites I've been missing.

diamondtime

Nov 18, 2004
San Diego, CA
Also noticed while playing that all the RB2 songs were there as well. So fun going back through a bunch of the RB classics today.

SimpsonsFan007

Calvin and Moddes
Oct 1, 2000
I'm starting to get the RB itch again...

But I've gone across platform lines now, so I have all my DLC on the 360, but now I'm playing on PS4. Hrm.

billybobjoe1881

No Longer a Noob
Mar 19, 2006
I'm starting to get the RB itch again...

But I've gone across platform lines now, so I have all my DLC on the 360, but now I'm playing on PS4. Hrm.

I had the same problem a year ago and ended up buying a PS4 just for Rock Band. A worthy investment.

Last edited:

Nintendo113

Super Star
Jul 23, 2005
Canada, Eh?
I bought a PS4 solely for RB. Already have my money's worth IMO.

I mean, I was going to get one anyways eventually, but I pulled the trigger way sooner.

Last edited:

psycho-cyborg-ninja

Half as long, twice as bright.
Jan 26, 2005
Parts Unknown

It's a raised ranch. 3 bedrooms, 1.5 baths. Full basement, 1/3 of which is finished. Lot is decent but not huge, which means less yard-work for me lol. Quiet neighborhood and it's on a cul-de-sac.

It's a good size for the wife and I. And it's in a good area... Especially compared to a lot of what is available at the moment. ($225k+ in areas that are basically a step up from the ghetto). Schools are decent. It's not any closer to work for either of us really, but it's not any farther either.

It was being used as a rental but the owner (a realtor) was renting to family, and they kept it in good shape. The only obviously outdated thing is the windows, and we'll probably be looking at a new roof in the next 6-7 years.

Kinda got lucky with it. It went on the market right before Thanksgiving. I think we were among the few people actively looking for a house at that point.

We settle next Friday [face_cool][face_good_luck]

wolf_raptor5526

Spectre Wolf
Nov 10, 2006
Wow, this place is almost completely dead! Anyways, to sum up the big events in my life in the last 6 years...

-moved to Colorado, got new job
-proposed to girlfriend
-got new job
-bought a house
-fiance cheated on me, moved out (I kept the house)
-got better job
-single for a year, first time ever as an adult
-got new girlfriend
-proposed to new girlfriend
-married
-bought a second house, rented out the first
-got better job

So 2 fiances, 2 houses, and 4 jobs later, I'm enjoying life for the most part.

What about everyone else?

Nintendo113

Super Star
Jul 23, 2005
Canada, Eh?
Holy fuck man, sounds like you've been through a lot! I'm not gonna lie I'd like hearing about everything more in detail then just in cliffs. [face_tongue] I'm not sure when exactly this board became dead at what point in my life, but I'll try my best.

For me, long story short version

-Broke up with gf of 4 years (HS gf)
-Worked for her families sewer & water company for 4 years (wasn't as awkward as it may sounds)
-Started dating another girl I had met at a party the weekend before my gf of 4 years and I broke up
-Bought a house in town with my sister but rented it out to 2 friends while I lived in there and my sister did not.
-Broke up with 2nd srs gf two years later (deep down I knew it wouldn't work out but she was hot af so I was in YOLO mode)
-Went through a slutty phase after that since I had never really been single ever - t'was good times
-Met my now fiance gf - immediately knew she was the one after our first date
-Stopped working the sewer & water to start taking over my dad's business - working for him full time now
-She moved in this February, getting married next year

All the while, I've become an uncle 6 times, travailed to Cuba, Jamaica, Vegas and Thailand. Looking at Europe for our honey moon.

Nintendo113

Super Star
Jul 23, 2005
Canada, Eh?
Just takes a few play sessions to shake the rust off. My bro played with me recently and it's very apparent he hasn't played in years, but he did surprise himself a few times. I think the real difference is how tired your arms get from hard songs when it's been a while.

SensFan101

Apr 1, 2007
Sens, it's nice finally playing online, but sorry for sucking so bad. It's been a few months since I've played RB.
It's no worries, my dude. It was fun to get a little jamming back in.

I've been seeing PCN playing RB4 more often lately so I feel like we're closing in on a full jam soon.

Nintendo113

Super Star
Jul 23, 2005
Canada, Eh?
I saw RHCP live last Friday, and a band called Irontom opened for them. Those guys were really great. Immediately requested some of their songs as DLC.

psycho-cyborg-ninja

Half as long, twice as bright.
Jan 26, 2005
Parts Unknown
^ Nice.

I saw Metallica and Volbeat a few weeks ago. Always wanted to see Metallica before they (and I) died. Was not disappointed. But our seats sucked. A7X was scheduled, but their guitarist's wife went into labor unexpectedly so they dropped out last minute. Got 4 free tickets to a make-up show, but the date didn't jive with my schedule. Gave them to my sister-in-law.

Just jammed with Sens for a bit on RB4. Good times.

Definitely digging the new missions. RB4 is way better than RB3 ever was.

billybobjoe1881

No Longer a Noob
Mar 19, 2006
^ Nice.

I saw Metallica and Volbeat a few weeks ago. Always wanted to see Metallica before they (and I) died. Was not disappointed. But our seats sucked. A7X was scheduled, but their guitarist's wife went into labor unexpectedly so they dropped out last minute. Got 4 free tickets to a make-up show, but the date didn't jive with my schedule. Gave them to my sister-in-law.

I'm seeing Metallica in August. Would love to see Volbeat, but they're replaced by Gojira[face_sick] for the last few shows. A7x and Metallica will still more than make up for it.

SensFan101

Apr 1, 2007
I saw them in 2010 (I think) when Volbeat and Lamb of God opened up for them. That was some good shit.

steelersfan70

No Longer a Noob
Dec 11, 2007
Your Face
^ Nice.

I'm seeing Metallica in August. Would love to see Volbeat, but they're replaced by Gojira[face_sick] for the last few shows. A7x and Metallica will still more than make up for it.
I don't like Gojira but they're really good live. I've seen them three times now and each time they're put on a good show.

Hi everyone!

wolf_raptor5526

Spectre Wolf
Nov 10, 2006
Hi!

Whelp, Metallica put on a good show. Even though they got rain delayed 3 songs in, everyone was super into it and cheered every time the lightning flashed. "Ride the Lightning!!!" every time.

That said, never been a huge fan of Metallica so I guess I've enjoyed other concerts more.

Nintendo113

Super Star
Jul 23, 2005
Canada, Eh?
^ Ah, I'm glad the show got back on but that still sucks. That happened at Countryfest a few years ago where it rained so they stopped for a while, then just said fuck it and played the entire night in the rain.