-Troopa-

No Longer a Noob
Jul 7, 2019
Oh yeah, I remember hearing about that one. I never played it though. Meant to check it out at some point. Thanks for the reminder. I mean — good job!!

Bonemeal2pointOh

Sleep enthusiast
Jan 26, 2003
Mt. Perdition, Gallifrey
^good thing it worked! never had that happen before

hey @Bonemeal2pointOh want to share your AC:NH friend code? I think I’d need that in order to send you mail or invite you to the island
I don't know how to get the game-specific friend code, but my Switch friend code is SW-7599-5116-8104. Anyone else here with a Switch can add me as well. Of course, I think that goes without saying, as I am posting it, publicly. I don't have too many online games that anyone here would play, but it's always nice to have some friends.

What I'm really looking for, right now, are kitchen and bathroom items.

Kitchen wallpaper
Kitchen flooring
Kitchen sink
Kitchen stove
Full shower

I don't know if there's bathroom-specfic wallpaper and flooring. I do have tile walls. I also have a toilet, bathroom sink, refrigerator, and some kitchen tabletop appliances.

I'd also like a jukebox and K.K. Metal (music).

[ADDED LATER]

I missed all the showcases and stuff. Actually, I didn't even know that this stuff was going on. I've been a little distracted, as of late.

SageLeaf

Almost Not a Noob
Nov 15, 2023
I don't know how to get the game-specific friend code, but my Switch friend code is SW-7599-5116-8104. Anyone else here with a Switch can add me as well. Of course, I think that goes without saying, as I am posting it, publicly. I don't have too many online games that anyone here would play, but it's always nice to have some friends.

Kitchen wallpaper
Kitchen flooring
Kitchen sink
Kitchen stove
Full shower

I don't know if there's bathroom-specfic wallpaper and flooring. I do have tile walls. I also have a toilet, bathroom sink, refrigerator, and some kitchen tabletop appliances.

[ADDED LATER]

I missed all the showcases and stuff. Actually, I didn't even know that this stuff was going on. I've been a little distracted, as of late.

Added! Busy weekend with Father’s Day but I’ll let you know sometime next week probably when I’ve gathered that stuff and it’s ready

Andyster

No Longer a Noob
Oct 12, 2014
But yes, I love the GP/Playstation Plus Extra subscription model personally. It doesn't include everything, but it includes more than I can reasonably play, and a lot of AAA games and indies I might not otherwise try.
I find myself kind of frustrated that it’s the Netflix of gaming and not the music streaming services of gaming. Like I’d give them a lot of money but they keep not landing the games I want to spend hundreds of hours with.

SageLeaf

Almost Not a Noob
Nov 15, 2023

Kitchen wallpaper
Kitchen flooring
Kitchen sink
Kitchen stove
Full shower

[ADDED LATER]

I didn’t see any kitchen or bathroom specific walls in my catalog. But I did pick you up 3 kinds of tile flooring that I’ve seen used in kitchen or bathrooms irl. Also got you a kitchen mat, and the KK Metal song. It only lets me catalog order 5 times per day so I’ll check for more tomorrow

DeadLazy

Prime Member
May 17, 2012
I hope there’s a shadow drop.

Xenoblade X port
Metroid Prime 4

I think that’s all I’m interested in I know of.

Bonemeal2pointOh

Sleep enthusiast
Jan 26, 2003
Mt. Perdition, Gallifrey
I didn’t see any kitchen or bathroom specific walls in my catalog. But I did pick you up 3 kinds of tile flooring that I’ve seen used in kitchen or bathrooms irl. Also got you a kitchen mat, and the KK Metal song. It only lets me catalog order 5 times per day so I’ll check for more tomorrow
Thanks. Do they still have retro TV's? I forgot about that one. I hope I'm not being too demanding, here.

DeadLazy

Prime Member
May 17, 2012
Did you ever play X? It kind of sucked to me.
No. I’ve never even seen a WiiU in person. I know a lot about the game and its legacy though. I’m pretty sure I’ll like it a lot.

Especially since I think all the Xeno games have references and connections to each other. So including Gears and Saga. I’d like to play X and find the threads that connect them for myself.

SageLeaf

Almost Not a Noob
Nov 15, 2023
New Mario & Luigi game and new Zelda look amazing. Was hoping they’d do something new with that Link’s Awakening remake engine. Zelda’s echo ability is going to be so fun. Also… Metroid Prime 4? I still can’t believe it’s finally on the way. Oh and dragon quest 1,2 And 3 remade in HD-2D. It’s a good time to be a gamer

DeadLazy

Prime Member
May 17, 2012
Meh .. I won’t play MP 4 on the original switch. But I will play it one day.

The Metal Slug game was all I saw that looked amusing. Mario Wonder and TotK were good and I still didn’t care. I think I’m done with both.

east1226

Mod in a blue hat
★ MOD
Jun 6, 2012
I liked what I saw at the Direct. Zelda should be good. It appears to be leaning into part of what TotK great. Haven't decided on Mario and Luigi, yet. Not a fan of the Prime series, but I am glad it is finally coming.

DeadLazy

Prime Member
May 17, 2012
Metal Slug game doesn’t look all that good even though I like the idea. Looks like a phone game.

So there wasn’t anything for me to get excited about. By the time I have a Switch 2 MP 4 will be old news.

SageLeaf

Almost Not a Noob
Nov 15, 2023
Secondary games:

The new Mario party’s 20 player online mode sounds like a blast potentially too.

Tales of the Shire. Cozy game about just chilling as a Hobbit in Hobbiton? If it’s well made I’ll play a lot of this.

Stray. Was waiting for this to come to switch, I prefer platforming with the pro controller on the big screen

Perfect dark. Honestly never played this tho I loved Goldeneye. May give it a try but my expectations are low for n64 games these days

FANTASIAN. Been excited for this since before it was released on Apple Arcade. Was sad it was Apple Arcade exclusive. So cool it’s finally coming to switch. Final fantasy director and composer. Should be good. Battle system looks unique and fun

DKC Returns. This is a maybe, DKC was fun back in the day. if my kid is excited about cooping this I’ll get it. Don’t know how much fun it’d be solo tbh

IgglooV2

Star
Nov 10, 2013
Not surprisingly, the Elden Ring DLC is getting strong reviews. It's said to be about the size of Limgrave, the opening area of the game, which is pretty big. The Washington Post estimated it was 75% the size of the original game, which sounds larger. Several people are saying the game has fewer dungeons, but much larger and better designed ones, which is interesting.

SageLeaf

Almost Not a Noob
Nov 15, 2023
Only gripe about the direct: bulk of the good releases are scheduled for sept, Oct, November or later. So nothing much for the next few months still. That’s cool though I’ll continue my forgotten jrpgs, indie cozy and detective games until then

SageLeaf

Almost Not a Noob
Nov 15, 2023

Kitchen wallpaper
Kitchen flooring
Kitchen sink
Kitchen stove
Full shower

[ADDED LATER]

Ok I’ve got you everything and a kitchen sink on the way haha. Should be arriving tomorrow and then we can figure out when to meet up. I didn’t see a retro tv, tho

DeadLazy

Prime Member
May 17, 2012
I’ll get Marvel vs Capcom fighting collection day one. That’s Dreamcast gold. If it’s Switch only I won’t get it at all. Capcom wouldn’t do that.

Switch is not a good console for fighters. Even 20 year old + fighters.

east1226

Mod in a blue hat
★ MOD
Jun 6, 2012
I’ll get Marvel vs Capcom fighting collection day one. That’s Dreamcast gold. If it’s Switch only I won’t get it at all. Capcom wouldn’t do that.

Switch is not a good console for fighters. Even 20 year old + fighters.
Switch, PC, and Sony as well.

DeadLazy

Prime Member
May 17, 2012
Switch, PC, and Sony as well.
Xbox also has the best D-pad. Fuck Capcom. Want this on Xbox not PS. So sick of PS. Also don’t want the PS trophies. Especially if there are online trophies and there will be.

Raw deal on this one.

east1226

Mod in a blue hat
★ MOD
Jun 6, 2012
Xbox also has the best D-pad. Fuck Capcom. Want this on Xbox not PS. So sick of PS. Also don’t want the PS trophies. Especially if there are online trophies and there will be.

Raw deal on this one.
The requirements will be low. I will probably get it on PC. I will definitely get it, though.

-Troopa-

No Longer a Noob
Jul 7, 2019
They put in a 10/10 effort with the hardware and a 2/10 effort with the software. It didn’t have much of a chance. Sony should know there’s no point in expensive hardware without the games to back it up. Hard to say what their plan was… hoping third parties would fill the gap?

At least they’re releasing a PC adapter.

Meta Quest seems king of VR for now in terms of overall value.

robnyc24

Prime Member
Jun 3, 2010
They put in a 10/10 effort with the hardware and a 2/10 effort with the software. It didn’t have much of a chance. Sony should know there’s no point in expensive hardware without the games to back it up. Hard to say what their plan was… hoping third parties would fill the gap?
I feel that's been the story of gaming hardware for the first-half of this 9th console generation, as well as PC.

IgglooV2

Star
Nov 10, 2013
Who would develop software for a device less than 3 percent of your install base even owns? The only way to resolve the issue would be to make a console where VR controls are part of the standard kit.

DeadLazy

Prime Member
May 17, 2012
I don’t think I’m interested in VR anymore. I basically play RPG’s and turn based. I wonder if I’m over action games with the rare DD and Hogwarts exceptions.

The thought of being in a virtual world spinning around sounds actively unpleasant to me, not just uninteresting. I like enjoying a game on a screen and a nice sunny day.

When it’s cheap I’ll try of course but don’t need a screen in front of my face at all. It sounds unpleasant.

docSpock

Super User
May 17, 2012
Brooklyn, N.Y.
Who would develop software for a device less than 3 percent of your install base even owns? The only way to resolve the issue would be to make a console where VR controls are part of the standard kit.
You mean like Kinect or the Wii? Both were very impressive tech but at best only managed to be cool novelties.

IgglooV2

Star
Nov 10, 2013
You mean like Kinect or the Wii? Both were very impressive tech but at best only managed to be cool novelties.
I'm not saying that bundling tech in new consoles is a guarantee it will catch on, but I think it is one of the best ways to establish it.

-Troopa-

No Longer a Noob
Jul 7, 2019
For a ton of people Wii Sports was popular enough on its own to justify buying a Wii. I don’t believe it had quite the same popularity on the Switch.

@DeadLazy I’ll say for the Apple Vision Pro it didn’t feel like wearing a typical VR set. When I was doing the spatial computing stuff it felt more like an impressive AR device, with screens just sitting anywhere I want in real life and virtual objects I could touch with my hands. And the total immersion VR stuff had such high fidelity it didn’t feel like other VR sets I’ve tried so far.

But yeah to your point I wouldn’t want this to replace my typical gaming setup. I see it as a separate device that I would use sometimes for specific games or experiences that make good use of it.

-Troopa-

No Longer a Noob
Jul 7, 2019

The first one, which is a free PS5 game, is unironically one of my favorite 3D platformers of all time. If this sequel is going to be even better, it may land in my top 25 of all-time games somewhere.

IgglooV2

Star
Nov 10, 2013

DeadLazy

Prime Member
May 17, 2012
Not exactly glamorous in this presumably mid west mall, but authentic. SSX and Smugglers Run were my favorite. Smugglers Run aged so poorly.

Last edited:

DeadLazy

Prime Member
May 17, 2012
And, did you know FFX and 7 are same timeline? I didn’t. Makes FF7 jump up my replay list.
And before you bitch after not watching the video there are clips of directors or producers, and the main writer for 7 and X, either all but confirming or directly confirming it.

It also makes me want to play the remakes now because there are Easter eggs there too.

Last edited:

-Troopa-

No Longer a Noob
Jul 7, 2019
Too bad. I used Redbox occasionally when they rented out games. I think people just want the convenience of streaming. Having to take back a disc or get late fees has gone out of style.