Vega-0021

Star
Aug 23, 2010
I think people are getting ahead of themselves on Jokic to be honest. I think he is for real and I'm not suggesting that he will end up being a bust or anything but I've still got to see proof he can sustain his play over time and extended minutes not to mention that he has much to prove defensively in my opinion.

I would still take Jonas currently as I still think the Raptors have continued to under utilize him as not only do they not run enough offense through him but its insane that he has still not ever averaged more than 28.2 minutes per game. If the Raptors were to finally play Jonas 32-36 minutes a night and give him the 13-15 shots a game his skills and efficiency would suggest he should be getting his stock would go way way up. I also think his defense is under-rated as again to this point the Raptors have done a poor job putting him next to true PF's more often than not.

I really think that pairing him with Jared Sullinger and at times going with twin towers with Poeltl could really benefit the Raptors defensively. They can still pair Jonas up with Paterson too but I'd really think the Raptors would benefit from going big slowing down the pace and letting Sullinger and Jonas dominate the offensive glass with very few teams prepared to deal with a Lowry, DeRozan, Carroll, Sully and Jonas lineup able to get very physical and down right dominating the glass at both ends.

retard