Cubelar

Cube the pube
Jul 24, 2005
Jokic pretty easily. Valanciunas isn't bad, but Jokic is on the path to stardom
Lol come on man... Saying he's "on a path to stardom" is a reach. He put up a good rookie campaign but let's not get carried away

good rookie campaign is an understatement, he had a great year.

He has elite playmaking ability, he's efficient and he can play defense. The future is very very bright for Jokic

platchat

Hold on, fellas.
Jul 29, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
What's JV's defense like? Don't remember it being all that strong
Massive improvement in this last season, partly due to him improving defensively but mainly Andy Greer's new defensive philosophy he brought in from Chicago really helped JV

I'd say he's about average defensively, which is what I'd consider Jokic to be too, they aren't liabilities defensively like Vucevic or Kanter but they won't win you many games solely based on their defense

BullsFan232000

No Longer a Noob
Jun 5, 2004
Jokic had one good season as a rookie...let's not get carried away here. I have never been particularly impressed with Jonas V though. If Jokic can repeat and even build on what he did last season, I'd take him pretty easily.

platchat

Hold on, fellas.
Jul 29, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Jokic had one good season as a rookie...let's not get carried away here. I have never been particularly impressed with Jonas V though. If Jokic can repeat and even build on what he did last season, I'd take him pretty easily.
JV was our best player in a 7 game series win vs the Pacers where DeRozan/Lowry played like dog shit and then carried us to a Game 2 comeback vs the Heat which prevented us from falling behind 0-2 in the series, again, another game where DeRozan/Lowry played like crap, and put up 16/12 in 22 minutes before getting hurt in Game 3, which we very well could have lost without that effort from him

I think that's pretty impressive.

Anghellic11

Super Star
Jun 22, 2005
Val was better last year than he was this year and quite frankly he's far too slow and unathletic for my liking. Lumbering centers usually make up for that with great defense but he's just average at that too.

He's a really good offensive player but rarely I see him assert himself. Although that might not be his fault with who his teammates are.

Anghellic11

Super Star
Jun 22, 2005
Val has peaked.

But this Jokic dick riding is getting out of hand.
You don't like Jokic?
No I like him, of course but 5109 been riding him hard lately. Let's not get out of control here, keep our expectations realistic. One of the posts here said he's on a path to be star. That is praise I would give for somebody like KAT. Jokic is not KAT.

platchat

Hold on, fellas.
Jul 29, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Ang is completely right though, Jokic was very good for a rookie, but I'm not sure how that warrants all of these "Jokic easily" "Jokic by far" sort of things.

Y'all are bipolar as fuck and I know that's funny coming from me, but come on, you salivate over playoff numbers and say how important it is, and yet JV basically wins us a series and 2 games in the series after that with 15/12 averages on good efficiency and it's "Jokic easily" because he had an impressive rookie season?

Anghellic11

Super Star
Jun 22, 2005
Ang wants people to back off Jokic because he's more attached to Nurkic. I'm not even kidding.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Jokic is easily the better prospect at this point but Nurkic will have a breakout year. Nurkic finally fully healthy and also lost a lot of weight in the past few months. He's going to be a beast.

Anghellic11

Super Star
Jun 22, 2005
Is there a better passing Center in the league right now though? I mean the Gasol brothers are always up there but they are fading in to the sunset. In one year Jokic probably became the best passing Center in the NBA.

RyanRogers013

I don't need therapy.. I'm just mentally ill
Jul 7, 2006
Ang wants people to back off Jokic because he's more attached to Nurkic. I'm not even kidding.

Jokic is easily the better prospect at this point but Nurkic will have a breakout year. Nurkic finally fully healthy and also lost a lot of weight in the past few months. He's going to be a beast.
All these beasts on the Nuggets. How many wins bro? Playoffs?

platchat

Hold on, fellas.
Jul 29, 2008
Toronto, Ontario

They were just unlucky

Anghellic11

Super Star
Jun 22, 2005

I think they can make the playoffs if they stay healthy yea, for sure.

MILLOTT

Prime Member
Oct 20, 2002
I think people are getting ahead of themselves on Jokic to be honest. I think he is for real and I'm not suggesting that he will end up being a bust or anything but I've still got to see proof he can sustain his play over time and extended minutes not to mention that he has much to prove defensively in my opinion.

I would still take Jonas currently as I still think the Raptors have continued to under utilize him as not only do they not run enough offense through him but its insane that he has still not ever averaged more than 28.2 minutes per game. If the Raptors were to finally play Jonas 32-36 minutes a night and give him the 13-15 shots a game his skills and efficiency would suggest he should be getting his stock would go way way up. I also think his defense is under-rated as again to this point the Raptors have done a poor job putting him next to true PF's more often than not.

I really think that pairing him with Jared Sullinger and at times going with twin towers with Poeltl could really benefit the Raptors defensively. They can still pair Jonas up with Paterson too but I'd really think the Raptors would benefit from going big slowing down the pace and letting Sullinger and Jonas dominate the offensive glass with very few teams prepared to deal with a Lowry, DeRozan, Carroll, Sully and Jonas lineup able to get very physical and down right dominating the glass at both ends.