Solid_Snake81

No Longer a Noob
Feb 21, 2001
loved it follows, just great all around. have you seen the guest? the soundtrack is very carpenterish too and has the same girl in the lead role (and dan stevens who fucking owns it).

Nov 13, 2011
i was hooked from the beginning but i grew up on the things the things they are emulating.

Yeah, me too, but none of it did it for me. I tried to keep watching, but I tapped out after episode 5. Wioanna Rider's character was so annoying, and all the kids did was argue. I'm an 80's kid so I thought this would be up my alley. The directors of the series weren't even born until 1985, and the show takes place in 1983. It shows.

I wish it did it for me, but nah.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2011
Caught the Mask of Zorro the other night. Haven't seen it in years. Fun movies. Wish Holywood would go back to making adventure movies again.

Also, Catherine Zeta Jones was in her prime in that movie. Woowzers.

Introducing...

No Longer a Noob
Jun 18, 2005
I was on the fence with Vice Principals at first but the shift in tone it has taken throughout the season has been a pleasant surprise. I don't know what else I expected from Jody Hill and Danny McBride, but I'm on board with it now.

I was blown away with how good those first two episodes of Atlanta were. Definitely going to follow that one closely.

Nov 29, 2001
Film buffs - what should I have watched this year. So far I've watched nothing, literally nothing. I have a whole week to binge watch everything.

dom_osx

I like Macs.
Sep 18, 2007
brooklyn
Green room, captain america if you like those movies, don't think twice, sing street, 10 cloverfield lane was pretty good, everybody wants some, zootopia made me cry I think, the witch, louder than bombs, swiss army man, emelie. there's still a bunch of stuff I want to see.

Tomtin

I lived on hazel st
Jun 11, 2001
captain fantastic was the best movie ive seen all year. i ordered it on blu ray. comes out and gets delivered tomorrow.

Solid_Snake81

No Longer a Noob
Feb 21, 2001
Watched Friday the 13th yesterday and had no recollection of Kevin Bacon being one of the horny counselors OR that Jason as most have come to know him doesn't make an appearance in the film.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2011
Watched Friday the 13th yesterday and had no recollection of Kevin Bacon being one of the horny counselors OR that Jason as most have come to know him doesn't make an appearance in the film.

I love the Friday the 13th movies, even the dumb ones that you aren't supposed to like. Jason X is pretty terrible, but even Jason Takes Manhattan is pretty fun.

dom_osx

I like Macs.
Sep 18, 2007
brooklyn
dr strange was pretty good and looked cool u feel me? morris from america was great coming of age fish out of water shit u feel me?

neon demon is on amazon prime and I'ma try and watch that.

AaronP1264

Star
Dec 23, 2002
yeah dr strange was amazing. i had to walk out when he first met that bald chic and went to the other dimension because my edible hit me too hard. both my hands went numb and i was super focused on my breathing and figured it was a stroke. lol

AvocadoGenesis

I'm a G...CB President
Dec 17, 2002
Anyone seen Arrival yet? Beautiful film.
ya but
just that afternoon i had explained to my girlfriend how the fourth dimension for other beings could be like our three dimensions and basically once they said 'oh snap these aliens can write sentences in circles and end before they begin etc' i knew exactly what would be happening. didnt make the movie bad but it got a little boring for me at that point cause i was waiting for hte reveal and hoping that wasnt all that was left to the movie (it was)

M_Kat

No Longer a Noob
May 22, 2014
I could definitely see that hampering the overall impact of the movie, I personally thought that the ending itself was tragic and heartbreaking. Whether or not the avenue it took to get to that point was a little predictable or not, the ending still had an impact on me that outweighed that.

dom_osx

I like Macs.
Sep 18, 2007
brooklyn
i saw rogue one and manchester by the sea today. I thought rogue one was fine, liked the lead a lot. I don't understand why everyone kept writing about the last few minutes being so great. I liked manchester by the sea a lot, but I'm a sad white guy so that opinion isn't very shocking.

garbarator

Super Star
Aug 26, 2007
i thought all of rogue one was just okay but i do think the last 30 minutes or so were the most entertaining. the best thing the movie had going for it was the action and the action was best at the end.

what i really like most about rogue one though is that it helps make a new hope a better movie. by putting more into perspective how high the stakes were for the rebellion at that time. and i thought they did that end part with Vader perfectly. helps give believability to why he's so uncharacteristically frantic at the beginning of IV, since basically he was this close to the plans.

Last edited:

dom_osx

I like Macs.
Sep 18, 2007
brooklyn
I'm pretty disinterested in star wars as a whole, but I agree and thought that was really clever. I think I would have liked it more had it been shorter and the two cute white people madeout instead of just held hands at the end. I was initially kind of disappointed by everyone dying, but liked the choice a lot more by the time I thought about it. but still, they should have madeout. that was bullshit. I didn't even like the french guy, but it should have happened.

garbarator

Super Star
Aug 26, 2007
really?? I thought at a few separate points they were gonna force a kiss between them and i am sooo glad they didn't. the character development was barely there anyway. there was nothing throughout the movie to suggest they should fall in love other than expectation of cliches.
I'm glad they all died. otherwise it creates sort of a plot hole of where the hell where they in episode 4, 5, & 6?

oh and by the wayyyyy that is Diego Luna and he is MEXICAN

dom_osx

I like Macs.
Sep 18, 2007
brooklyn
he sounded french 2 me, idk. I think it would have been dumb for them to makeout earlier in the movie, but if you're about to die R U GONNA HOLD A HAND OR R U GONNA MAKEOUT? I rest my case.

garbarator

Super Star
Aug 26, 2007
to be honest i'd rather be holding someone than making out if there was a giant fireball coming after me. a hug is more comforting.

Komusha

Last Year's Model
Sep 15, 2002
I spent the last couple of days binging The People v. OJ. I'm not really into true crime or court room dramas (sorry, tomtin), but I thought the show was pretty much perfect. It gripped me the entire time, even though I obviously knew how it all ended. I feel like modern storytelling relies too much on surprises and twists, but OJ proves that you can still tell a very compelling story without using shock as a crutch. And my god, the performances are terrific.

The themes are especially relevelant today. You could learn a whole lot about today's race relations just from those 10 episodes alone.

garbarator

Super Star
Aug 26, 2007
i watched moonlight and hacksaw ridge last week.

moonlight was great. a lot of scenes have visually really stuck in my head. it was beautifully shot.

hacksaw ridge was okay. it's a nice story and all but it's just over the top especially once the fighting kicks in. it's like the gore and and chaos of that first part of saving private ryan times 10.

Tomtin

I lived on hazel st
Jun 11, 2001
i loved hacksaw ridge but i love all that ww2 stuff. i am actually watching band of brothers for the first time. absolutely incredible.

garbarator

Super Star
Aug 26, 2007
i loved hacksaw ridge but i love all that ww2 stuff. i am actually watching band of brothers for the first time. absolutely incredible.

i do as well that's why i cared to see it. but this one, i don't know. the first half of the movie is so stupid cliche ww2 shit. how he meets "the girl" in the first 15 minutes, his shitty dad who dont want him to fight but comes to the rescue in the end lol tho hugo weaving was pretty good. then once the combat kicks in it's just gore taken to a comical level and a battle that is impossible to follow exactly what is even happening. the only really good part of the movie is the actual heroic moment where he saves all the wounded and hoists em down the ridge.

band of brothers is great though. the pacific is decent as well.

M_Kat

No Longer a Noob
May 22, 2014
I remember my first time watching BoB <3. Moonlight was absolutely fantastic, although after seeing it I am puzzled as to why Mahershela Ali won best supporting actor. Dude was barely in it, though he was good. Logan was also really good, up there with TDK in terms of "comic book" movies, Patrick Stewart really deserves some award season love for his last time as Professor X. Seeing the old era of the X-men end is actually really sad, considering I really kind of grew up watching them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Komusha

Last Year's Model
Sep 15, 2002
Moonlight was fantastic. It's an excellent movie in it's own light, but it was also such a refreshing point of view that feels very welcomed in today's enviroment. I just happened to see it durring the same time Trump was being sworn in, and it's hard to explain but it made the movie feel all the more powerful to me.

La La Land was very good, though it had some flaws. The ending is one of the most affecting endings I've seen in a while and it elevates the rest of the film.

Get Out is a masterfully done horror flick with a lot to say. It also has one of the tightest screenplays I've seen in a while. I reccomend seeing this with as large of an audience as possible. Such a fun experience. It's not a comedy, but the comedic parts are very effective and cathartic. I'm excited to see what Jordan Peele does next.

Logan was... well, I appreciate that the director was going for something different, but I struggled to connect with it personally. It's possible that outside circumstances were affecting my mindset, but overall I was a little let down.