Bot-IGN

<marquee> Crush... Kill... Post Articles... </marq
Mar 28, 2001
Article Comments for [link=http://ps3.ign.com/articles/115/1158740p1.html]Mega Man Universe Cancelled[/link]
by Jim Reilly

Summary:
Capcom has cancelled development of Mega Man Universe, originally set for release this year. [link=http://ps3.ign.com/articles/115/1158740p1.html]Read Full Article[/link]

Dec 1, 2009
This upsets me. This could have brought Mega Man to a whole new generation. Instead... I bet well get another Battle Network game... sigh...

SappyKon

Noob
Jul 5, 2008
Not sure if this is an april fools' joke or not, but IMO... I wouldn't miss this game at all if it was indeed cancelled. It looked like crap.

Vega_Obscura

Cursed Mod
★ MOD
Mar 1, 2002
WeHo
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmnnnnnnn!!!

Honestly, good riddance.

Maybe they wised up and realized they should have been pumping those resources into a console iteration Mega Man Legends or some other full 3D imagining of this timeless character.

Get it together Capcom...

Mar 8, 2009
Good call on their part. I was horrified at how craptastic the trailer looked...It was a crummy idea to begin with.

Now what I'm dieing to see is an Mega Man 11!
Give us one final 8-bit classic(actually, i'd never get sick of them), pretty please capcom! And hopefully it will be better than the dissapointing MM10, MM9 however was simply put amazing.

Nov 17, 2008
I think some people are being a bit too harsh on this game, it didn't look too bad. A megaman game with user generated content? Sounds pretty cool, an endless amount to stages (well endless in the sense that as long as people keep creating there will be levels to play).

Nov 12, 2010
This is incredibly disappointing, the level creator was definitely my most wanted feature in the game. We've been such masochists through the years playing through the more hellish levels in the Mega Man series, it would have been so great to let our sadistic side out and give other players our most frustrating creations. It could have been an incredibly successful Mega Man social game.

But whatever, the game is dead, and all I can do is daydream of what could have been. I would have made my Mega Man sprite look like Issac Clarke from Dead Space 1.

Oct 30, 2010
It was probably cancelled because they realized they were just selling a sandbox editor, and if they did that people wouldn't really need another megaman

criskonert

Prime Member
Jan 3, 2004
What a disappointment! Although I was sceptical, I was really looking forward to this game.

Now what?
Here's to hoping for a (proper 2d gameplay) Megaman X sequel. Or maybe even a new Battle Network game.

SilverPR

Foamy's follower
Apr 3, 2006
This was to be told the day Keiji Inafune left Capcom. A little tad to late, don't you think?

JeanLucAwesome

Ambassador of Awesome
Sep 19, 2009
Saitama
I was afraid of this ever since Inafune left, the fate of Mega Man scares the crap out of me...

even if it did come out would it even be the same?..

Sorry to be harsh, Capcom has always been my favorite developer but I firmly believe you are incapable of making a decent Mega Man game without Inafune as history as shown.

Prove me wrong? or fail like I expect you to and sell the rights. (you won't but you probably should.)

ichirosss

Noob
Jan 6, 2011
I just watched that video.. and realised That cancelling this game is the best thing capcom has done this week !

cFearnox

Noob
Jan 13, 2002
Watched the video, i loved it.
mby capcom got afraid of the community :D
The community may have been able to make better levels then Capcom.
If that would have happened then they would have to innovate more in the next megaman to combat the community [face_tongue]

I really want to make my own megamans lvls and wasn't even scenario building announced?

Well that's my thoughts :D

B

BigBacon87

Original poster
It had a few good ideas but the art style was a big miss. I'd like a new Mega Man X game myself. That along with a level editor which allows for online creation sharing would be sweet. Mega Man 9 and 10 are sweet and all but I don't really feel like 11 is needed right away time to switch it up I say.

Mar 29, 2010
Noooooooooooooo WTH ??

Mega Man 2 Remake plus Make and Share your Own Creations?? Whats not to like ??

C'mon Capcom !!! This will make more money then Mega Man 11.

Philosifus

Noob
Apr 9, 2007
This sucks. Despite having a questionable art style, I was really looking forward to the game. Character AND level editor? And the ability to share them online? This could have been a Mega Man fan's dream come true!

And now that Inafune is gone, chances are that we'll never see a traditional Mega Man game again :(

C

Coll78

Original poster
Personally, I think this is a great move on the part of Capcom. I strongly believed had Mega Man Universe made its debut in North America, it would've bust. Unless your a hardcore Little Big Planet fan, than you were probably anticipating this game. I never liked LBP so I'm glad Capcom decided to pull the plug on the development of Mega Man Universe. Good move, Capcom!

suiton629kimc1

Almost Not a Noob
Jul 9, 2003
Good.

Now they can work on other Mega Man games, compilations, HD ports, and other things that we'd really want.

Mega Man Universe was a cool idea, but to be honest, I didn't think it'd sell.

Darkstarr11

Walker of the Path
Sep 11, 2001
If the game wasn't up to snuff...better that they cancel it. Still...they need to cut it before it gets too far. That must have been a chunk of change that was dropped...and money that could have gone to another game...

Sad, but that's how it goes...

Jul 31, 2010
this kinda sucks but i feel that they could really make a better game. as long as Megaman Legends 3 doesnt get cut i will be fine. I think they should remake or revive some of the X games cuz they were some of my al time favs. next to Legends and Zero

Feb 1, 2010
Too bad. I actually thought this looked pretty cool. I love the way it looked and the music was awesome. I grew up on Mega Man games so this is a bit of a disappointment.

kamiboy

Scion of the rising sun
Aug 23, 2001
Glad to see that there is still a shred of sense left in Capcom, not much though, since they just announced that overseas outsourced RE quad shooter.

Jan 10, 2010
I'm not a fan of Mega Man games in which the characters are 3D. The visuals are better, however, like with fighting games, the animation must be lighting quick. Otherwise the animation (to me) looks like it's running like molasses. It is a shame that it was canceled. =(

XanDaMan79

Noob
Mar 24, 2011
good. Focus on a new gen MegaMan game instead. Didnt know much about this one but in looking at the pics, I ddoubt that I would have been interested.

Feb 25, 2002
Good. The game looked terrible from what little I saw. I really, really enjoyed the MegaMan X:Zero games on the Gameboy Advanced. Bring those to Xbox Live instead so I can play them again.

Zaiik21

Noob
May 29, 2010
This makes me sad, I was really looking forward to this game too. I hope legends 3 doesn't get canned as well...

Mar 19, 2009
You naysayers are crazy! This game looked really great! Granted, it's re-hashing the same thing over and just giving it a spit-shine, but that's Capcom's modus operandi anyway. Case in point: every Street Fighter / Marvel Vs. Capcom game ever.

This actually looked great. A Mega Man level editor? Are you serious? FINALLY! I could care less about the character customization, but the idea of creating and sharing levels with friends would be EPIC. I've been waiting some 20+ years for that!

Capcom, you better release another 2d Mega Man game with a level editor! Make it for Mega Man 12, I don't care, just as long as you include one, dammit!