smertrius77

Almost Not a Noob
Jun 12, 2012
dublin
you upload video of highlights using mario kart tv app with mario kart 8

my goal to victory now ive 2 cups on 150 cc left to unlock mirror mode, special cup and lighting cup

Sep 8, 2003
I have an idea for MK8. How about actually do a battle mode? Instead of just putting balloons on the karts and sticking them in tracks already in the game? Yeah that would be nice.

Midir77

Noob
Aug 29, 2014
Mario Kart 8 DLC: Legend of Zelda and Animal Crossing is out now for €12 for both, play as link, play as raccoon mario, play cat peach, play as villager, play as isabelle, play as dry bowser and add new races to game and karts

smertrius77

Almost Not a Noob
Jun 12, 2012
dublin
since we've Link, raccoon Mario, Cat Peach, Dry Bowser, how about bringing back rob, baby Bowser and dry bones, King Boo, peter piranha

Midir77

Noob
Aug 29, 2014
well dlc is fair purchase if preorder it and pay €12 for both packages you ve 16 new characters to enjoy aka 8 yoshis and 8 shy guys to pick from while you these packages open 1st ones in November 2014 and 2nd opens may 2015,

smertrius77

Almost Not a Noob
Jun 12, 2012
dublin
me as green shy guy winning the green shell cup avoiding every car in traffic jam track and i got the green shy guy for mario kart 8 with preording DLC both packages for €12 and 15 new characters aka 8 yoshis and 8 shy guys +
Link (The Legend of Zelda)
, Raccoon Mario, Cat Peach, animal crossing Villager & Isabelle, dry bowser when packages open, with meantime enjoy playing with 8 yoshis and 8 shy guys while you wait until november 2014 for 1st package to open and 2nd open in may 2015

Midir77

Noob
Aug 29, 2014
blue shy guy crazy 8 victory even so i came third place i got 48 points enough points qualify gold

Last edited:

Dry_Bones

Zoidberg is back!
Nov 24, 2005
Exactly. There's no need for Baby Daisy, Baby Rosalina or Pink Gold Peach when Nintendo has real Mario characters that still haven't appeared in a Kart game. Like Kamek, Hammer Bro, etc.
And if they insist on giving us more babies, at least use baby characters that actually exist, like Baby DK and Wario.

CrusherMania1592

Crush them all!
Apr 4, 2008
Where the wind flows
BTW, where the heck have you been as of late? [face_tongue]

I'm all for new lightweight characters, but adding more than two babies were a little unnecessary. Baby Mario and Luigi are understandable, and Baby Peach can be debatable. But Baby Daisy and Rosalina? Uh....wut? Why create something like this as filler characters when there are plenty of other characters to choose from who has been in the series since the start like Dry Bones and Paratroopa, who can easily serve as feather/lightweight characters. I don't know why PGP was invented in the first place, but I want to assume it may have something to do with time constraints. They could've delayed the game a few months to add the more deserving characters in, but I'll take the DLC

Now Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach on the other hand...

[face_plain]

I am VERY surprised with the addition of the Koopalings and I love how Ludwig is in. Just when I thought we would finally get our dream match of Bowser Jr vs Ludwig, Jr didn't make the cut and it ends up in Smash. Jr better make DLC this time...

Dry_Bones

Zoidberg is back!
Nov 24, 2005
Well, this board was dead and the Smash Bros. board was nonexistent so I went on GameFAQs for a bit.

Honestly most of the DLC characters are pretty lame. Link is the only one I actually like. I'd much rather have had Bowser Jr., Diddy and Birdo than Tanooki Mario, Cat Peach and Dry Bowser. I also think it's odd to have one Zelda character in Pack 1, yet two Animal Crossing characters in Pack 2. But the main appeal for these packs is the tracks, of course, so I'm not too upset with the characters they chose.

The tracks from Pack 1 are pretty great, though I still wonder why GCN Yoshi Circuit and SNES Rainbow Road have returned again. I guess the usual rule for retro tracks (a track never returns more than once) doesn't apply for DLC, which is very interesting.

Dry_Bones

Zoidberg is back!
Nov 24, 2005
Honestly I wouldn't count on it. We're already going to have 6 extra characters, 16 new tracks and 8 more vehicles by next May. By that point they're probably going to start development on the next handheld Kart.

Dry_Bones

Zoidberg is back!
Nov 24, 2005
I could definitely see that being Retro's next game, considering the last 3 games they worked on were Donkey Kong Country Returns, Mario Kart 7 and Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze.

CrusherMania1592

Crush them all!
Apr 4, 2008
Where the wind flows
Meh, I'm disappointed that they cut out a bunch of characters simply for the babies and metal characters. Makes no sense when they're just filler characters in my book. I mean Baby Mario and Luigi in DD was fine, but adding more afterwards took up too much space. Wii was fine due to each class having 8 characters. This one? lolno

Keep them in baseball where they can be used and not called "waste of space".

Dave_O_52

Noob
Jan 19, 2015
Meh, I'm disappointed that they cut out a bunch of characters simply for the babies and metal characters. Makes no sense when they're just filler characters in my book. I mean Baby Mario and Luigi in DD was fine, but adding more afterwards took up too much space. Wii was fine due to each class having 8 characters. This one? lolno

Actually it's not the baby characters because Mario kart Wii has most of the baby characters in Mario kart 8 besides baby Rosalina and actually it was the 7 koopalings and that are a major waste also how do you have the 7 koopalings but not bowser junior?

CrusherMania1592

Crush them all!
Apr 4, 2008
Where the wind flows

Actually it's not the baby characters because Mario kart Wii has most of the baby characters in Mario kart 8 besides baby Rosalina and actually it was the 7 koopalings and that are a major waste also how do you have the 7 koopalings but not bowser junior?
I would disagree. The babies aren't really important to the Kart series and they were only there to help "fill up the gap" of lightweight drivers where Baby Daisy and now Baby Rosalina popped up out of nowhere. With MK8 technically not having an equal to weights, I don't see the point of the babies being there. I mean...

Light: Toad, Koopa, Shy Guy, Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, Baby Peach, Baby Daisy, Laiktu,Toadette, Baby Rosalina, Lemmy, Wendy, Larry (13)
Medium: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Daisy, Yoshi, Iggy, Ludwig (7)
Heavy: Bowser, DK, Wario, Waluigi, Rosalina, Metal Mario, Pink Gold Peach, Roy, Morton (9)
Any: Mii

Basically, if you count Miis as a lightweight, we would have 14 of 30 characters lightweight characters, which is a bit too many. Even if you add all of Shy Guy's alt colors, Villager, and Isabelle (both who look lightweight), it's more than half, which I think is too many. Here's how I would've broke it down:

Replace the babies and metals. We could've had this instead:

Light: 8
Medium: 7
Heavy: 7

...for Diddy, Bowser Jr, Dry Bones, Funky, King Boo, Birdo, and Wiggler

Can be broken down into this:

Light: 9 (Dry Bones)
Medium: 10 (Diddy, Jr, Birdo)
Heavy: 10 (Funky, King Boo, Wiggler)

...it's a perfect balance even with one off

Koopalings are waste? Oh please! Many fans of them had been dying to see them playable and I'm happy they're getting their chance in Kart to prove themselves. Sadly Jr didn't make it which I'm disappointed with. They have more history to the series than Baby Peach, Daisy, and Rosalina combined ~o)

Last edited:

nhkawaguchi

No Longer a Noob
Feb 20, 2009
Warp Star - Dreamland
The koopalings were dispersed into the weight classes but as characters, they were just dropped all at once. It was a lazy move by nintendo and kind of stale. There are too many babies too.

although I would be completely fine with it if the game could support a hundred characters.

Although I'm not too worried about mario karts future. It's hopeful that in the next game, but more likely in MK10 they switch to Nintendo Kart. The character roster will become diverse rapidly.

also 200cc on April 23rd. My dream somewhere on these boards came true.:D

Last edited:

Dry_Bones

Zoidberg is back!
Nov 24, 2005
Although I'm not too worried about mario karts future. It's hopeful that in the next game, but more likely in MK10 they switch to Nintendo Kart. The character roster will become diverse rapidly.

I don't mind having a few non-Mario characters as DLC, but I would prefer the game to remain as Mario Kart, since Nintendo Kart would also take away from what makes Super Smash Bros. so special.

Also, I gotta say, when I first heard about 200cc I immediately thought about your posts about it from way back in this thread and how excited you must be [face_tongue]

CrusherMania1592

Crush them all!
Apr 4, 2008
Where the wind flows

I don't mind having a few non-Mario characters as DLC, but I would prefer the game to remain as Mario Kart, since Nintendo Kart would also take away from what makes Super Smash Bros. so special.

Also, I gotta say, when I first heard about 200cc I immediately thought about your posts about it from way back in this thread and how excited you must be [face_tongue]
It's somewhat funny how we used to reject several ideas, and they end up coming through DLC :^O

Seriously, Cheese Land and Ribbon Road look awesome! I'm happy the GBA tracks are getting the love they deserve

Dry_Bones

Zoidberg is back!
Nov 24, 2005
It's somewhat funny how we used to reject several ideas, and they end up coming through DLC :^O

Seriously, Cheese Land and Ribbon Road look awesome! I'm happy the GBA tracks are getting the love they deserve
Haha, I know right? And yeah, it really is nice to see GBA tracks get re-made aside from circuits and Bowser Castles, since that's pretty much all we've ever gotten.

nhkawaguchi

No Longer a Noob
Feb 20, 2009
Warp Star - Dreamland

I actually don't think it would take the specialness away from SSB. I mean I guess it is a matter of thought process.

and hell yeah I was excited, had a couple [face_nerd]gasms. Haven't had those in awhile.

I flipped s***.

Dry_Bones

Zoidberg is back!
Nov 24, 2005
On a more positive note, aside from N64 Royal Raceway and N64 Rainbow Road, which almost everyone predicted, I gotta say my DS Tick-Tock Clock prediction was pretty accurate.
DS Tick-Tock Clock: A few trick ramps have been added to this updated version of Tick-Tock Clock. Also, an air-glider ramp has been added right before the area with the spinning gears about halfway through the race. I chose this course because it was one of the more unique DS courses, and hasn’t been brought back yet.

My Delfino Airstrip idea was also pretty damn close to Sunshine Airport, I just didn't include driving on top of planes.

Last edited:

nhkawaguchi

No Longer a Noob
Feb 20, 2009
Warp Star - Dreamland
On a more positive note, aside from N64 Royal Raceway and N64 Rainbow Road, which almost everyone predicted, I gotta say my DS Tick-Tock Clock prediction was pretty accurate.

My Delfino Airstrip idea was also pretty damn close to Sunshine Airport, I just didn't include driving on top of planes.
It was pretty spot on for tik tok clock. It's one of the tracks without anti-gravity.

Delfino airstrip got a modernized looked to it if it is sunshine airport.

edit: im surprised i didn't see the MKDS Rainbow road. I guess they will save it for next game.

Last edited:

Dry_Bones

Zoidberg is back!
Nov 24, 2005
It was pretty spot on for tik tok clock. It's one of the tracks without anti-gravity.

Delfino airstrip got a modernized looked to it if it is sunshine airport.

edit: im surprised i didn't see the MKDS Rainbow road. I guess they will save it for next game.
Haha true, but then again none of my courses had anti-gravity because I didn't even think of it at the time. Makes you wonder what kind of game-changing feature they'll think of next.

And yeah, I could definitely see Sunshine Airport as a modernized, expanded version of Delfino Airstrip, which was also a track concept I had wanted to see in Mario Kart. Why do you think DS Rainbow Road will be the next to return, though? My theory is that they'll be bringing back each Rainbow Road track in order, with GBA Rainbow Road in Mario Kart 9 (most likely on a handheld) and GCN Rainbow Road in Mario Kart 10 (most likely on a console).

nhkawaguchi

No Longer a Noob
Feb 20, 2009
Warp Star - Dreamland
And yeah, I could definitely see Sunshine Airport as a modernized, expanded version of Delfino Airstrip, which was also a track concept I had wanted to see in Mario Kart. Why do you think DS Rainbow Road will be the next to return, though? My theory is that they'll be bringing back each Rainbow Road track in order, with GBA Rainbow Road in Mario Kart 9 (most likely on a handheld) and GCN Rainbow Road in Mario Kart 10 (most likely on a console).
I don't necessarily think it will be in the next one, but it's one of those courses that would support antigravity, it would do very well with 200cc for parts of it.

and they also have multiple rainbow roads they can include. I actually don't know why they did SNES RR in the DLC.

Dry_Bones

Zoidberg is back!
Nov 24, 2005
I don't necessarily think it will be in the next one, but it's one of those courses that would support antigravity, it would do very well with 200cc for parts of it.

and they also have multiple rainbow roads they can include. I actually don't know why they did SNES RR in the DLC.
Well that's true, anti-gravity would definitely fit in well with DS Rainbow Road's loop and corkscrew. And yeah, bringing back SNES Rainbow Road again as DLC was so random, especially considering it was the second track in the Triforce Cup.

Nintendo's next system is releasing next year and it is called the NX. You can even google it as proof
1) NX is the codename for a new system that Nintendo is working on. Iwata stated that Nintendo will make an official announcement regarding this console sometime in 2016, but never said it would actually be released next year. The WiiU, for example, was announced in June 2011, but wasn't actually released until November 2012. So don't expect to see a new Nintendo console released next year.
2) This has literally nothing to do with what's being discussed in this thread.

nhkawaguchi

No Longer a Noob
Feb 20, 2009
Warp Star - Dreamland
Nintendo's next system is releasing next year and it is called the NX. You can even google it as proof
This thread was made a long time ago. just a heads up.

now we're talking about it while it's out.

----
on a side note. the amount of tracks in this is amazing. I hope the game can expand even more in the next ones. although it would have to be digitally supported.

Dry_Bones

Zoidberg is back!
Nov 24, 2005
There might be a mario kart on the nx
That's nice. That still has nothing to do with this thread. If you're not even going to reply back to what I said, I strongly suggest posting elsewhere.

There isn't a might. It's a will. Right now, the discussion is about Mario Kart 8, not Mario Kart NX

I do love how they redesigned Cheese Land and Ribbon Road. Two of my favorite tracks from the GBA revived to look even better!
Lol thanks for trying but I think the kid's too dense to understand.
But yeah, the GBA Cheese Land and GBA Ribbon Road look really damn good. It's nice to see more tracks from that game since it got shafted in MK7 and MK8 pre-DLC.

nhkawaguchi

No Longer a Noob
Feb 20, 2009
Warp Star - Dreamland
There might be a mario kart on the nx
There will be. (inb4 Dry_Bones makes a MK:NX thread)
I do love how they redesigned Cheese Land and Ribbon Road. Two of my favorite tracks from the GBA revived to look even better!
Same. It looks great, both you have to be careful with on 200cc, since it's easy to lose traction from the bumps in the road.

The shortcuts in cheese land are big ones...

Dry_Bones

Zoidberg is back!
Nov 24, 2005
(inb4 Dry_Bones makes a MK:NX thread)

Lol should I? I have plenty of ideas but I haven't written them all down yet. I was thinking of just replying to the existing Mario Kart 9 thread, but maybe I'll make my own since this board is dead and I'm quite the special snowflake.

nhkawaguchi

No Longer a Noob
Feb 20, 2009
Warp Star - Dreamland
Lol should I? I have plenty of ideas but I haven't written them all down yet. I was thinking of just replying to the existing Mario Kart 9 thread, but maybe I'll make my own since this board is dead and I'm quite the special snowflake.
250px-360Wynaut.png

[face_mischief]
lmao and there is your answer. you have nothing to lose and I didn't even know there was an MK9 thread.

edit: oh wait now I see it. all though it didn't start off well. maybe we should use it.

Last edited:

Dry_Bones

Zoidberg is back!
Nov 24, 2005
lmao and there is your answer. you have nothing to lose and I didn't even know there was an MK9 thread.

edit: oh wait now I see it. all though it didn't start off well. maybe we should use it.
Well, I thought the thread started off okay but it completely got derailed by that kid who thinks he can make his own Mario Kart game despite having zero experience. So yeah, I'll probably just make my own thread sometime this weekend.

But while we're still on the subject of MK8, does anyone think there will be a third DLC pack? I doubt there will be, but it would be pretty cool if it happened.
If it did happen, I'd like it to be a bit different from the last two packs. Instead of adding 8 new tracks you can play in Grand Prix, I'd like for them to create 8 actual arenas for Battle Mode and maybe add back Bob-Omb Blast from Double Dash. And instead of adding 3 underwhelming new characters it would be nice to see the return of 6 long-awaited Mario Kart veterans: Diddy Kong, Birdo, Bowser Jr., Funky Kong, King Boo and Petey Piranha.

nhkawaguchi

No Longer a Noob
Feb 20, 2009
Warp Star - Dreamland
But while we're still on the subject of MK8, does anyone think there will be a third DLC pack? I doubt there will be, but it would be pretty cool if it happened.
If it did happen, I'd like it to be a bit different from the last two packs. Instead of adding 8 new tracks you can play in Grand Prix, I'd like for them to create 8 actual arenas for Battle Mode and maybe add back Bob-Omb Blast from Double Dash. And instead of adding 3 underwhelming new characters it would be nice to see the return of 6 long-awaited Mario Kart veterans: Diddy Kong, Birdo, Bowser Jr., Funky Kong, King Boo and Petey Piranha.
I think it could be possible but knowing nintendo it's hard to say if it is likely or not. I also doubt it but it would be a money-maker.
It would definitely increase the replay value of it. I think I only have 2,700BR.
Bob-Omb blast, coin runners or shine runners, or something new would be nice.

Dry_Bones

Zoidberg is back!
Nov 24, 2005
Yeah, I still think the worst part of this game's battle mode is that there are no real battle maps. Just repurposed racetracks that really don't feel right for a battle. That's why I would hope for the next DLC to add 8 new battle maps. Or not even necessarily new maps. They could bring back some retro battle maps too, like N64 Double Deck, GCN Tilt-A-Kart, Wii Funky Stadium and 3DS Sherbet Rink. But yeah, having actual battle maps to play battle mode on would be great, I'd definitely buy it.