achumumu

No Longer a Noob
Aug 8, 2011
Watched Black Panther.

Good things: Good acting across the board, but especially Lupita and Leticia, well defined and interesting characters (once again, especially Lupita and Leticia's characters), the script was good, half of the comedy was good, the pacing in the first half was good.

Bad things: I don't really like Chadwick Boseman in this, nor do I really like his character. He's easily the least interesting part about the movie. Luckily he has strong interactions with the other characters. There is too much action and it's pretty much all bad. The special effects look bad in the action sequences, otherwise they look pretty good. Some of the jokes were bad, and sometimes they came when there really shouldn't have been any comedy.

Things that I was lukewarm on: The villains, both in their acting and their characters. Not bad, but they didn't live up to the hype for me.

Overall I'd say it's a top 10 Marvel movie.

Anghellic11

Super Star
Jun 22, 2005
:^O:^O:^O

youtube bout to start recommending me only bill burr videos for a month since i've watched so many in one day.

MrMVP91

Say My Name
Feb 10, 2009
You should probably listen to his podcast, these are all clips from there. It's mostly self-deprecating humor, but he goes after everyone; liberals, conservatives, men, women, race, ethnicity, his advertisers, etc. He just rambles about random shit every time. Oh and he answers fan emails that can get hilarious at times. Basically if you like politically incorrect talk by a guy who himself admits that most of the time he has no idea what he's talking about but he's really good at being funny, you'll love it.

KuShEd_OuT860

Super Star
Sep 25, 2012
DA GAWDEN
someone educate me on pot/cbd oil and how it can help me sleep or what i need to be looking for pls
Them vape pens can get you pretty toasty. All I know is you will prob need a lighter more mellow high from an indica. If you live in Denver you should just go to the shop and ask. Those guys are the professionals. Ive always been more of a Sativa person lol

Cubelar

Cube the pube
Jul 24, 2005
Step one: take huge dabs

Step two: fall asleep.

That's pretty much how you can do it since you'll start off with low tolerance

bdiddy5115

Super Star
Apr 7, 2005
CITY OF SYRRRUP
[URL='http://www.ign.com/boards/members/anghellic11.1549755/']@Anghellic11[/URL] diddy the born-again doer of weed says do meth

How's everybody's lives? I miss you guys. Some updates from recent months:

- I quit my Wolf of Wall Street job where everyone was hopped up on coke or addy. That job was killing me, but it was kinda awesome in a way too...there was like 100+ people on the floor, all between 23-30, and it was like 50/50 women/men. I miss that at my new job's old dingy office filled with 12 dudes and one girl.
- Speaking of the new job, I started it in May. It's boring as fuck and still sales (it was the only one I could grab on a whim), but it's far less stressful and doable. Really want to get a job I give a fuck about though.
- Starting school in a week so shit's gonna be crazy again.
- Been seeing a girl (that I worked with at my crazy job) since December. She might be the coolest girl I've ever dated but I'm not super attracted to her physically, so we're still keeping it light. Not really sure where to go with it, but it's good for now even though I know she wants something more (I know it's only gonna end badly unless I take action and do something about it, but I probably won't).

Anghellic11

Super Star
Jun 22, 2005
[URL='http://www.ign.com/boards/members/anghellic11.1549755/'][URL='http://www.ign.com/boards/members/anghellic11.1549755/']@Anghellic11[/URL][/URL] diddy the born-again doer of weed says do meth

- I quit my Wolf of Wall Street job where everyone was hopped up on coke or addy. That job was killing me, but it was kinda awesome in a way too...there was like 100+ people on the floor, all between 23-30, and it was like 50/50 women/men. I miss that at my new job's old dingy office filled with 12 dudes and one girl.
- Speaking of the new job, I started it in May. It's boring as fuck and still sales (it was the only one I could grab on a whim), but it's far less stressful and doable. Really want to get a job I give a fuck about though.
- Been seeing a girl (that I worked with at my crazy job) since December. She might be the coolest girl I've ever dated but I'm not super attracted to her physically, so we're still keeping it light. Not really sure where to go with it, but it's good for now even though I know she wants something more (I know it's only gonna end badly unless I take action and do something about it, but I probably won't).
Really bad man. My surgery is fucked up I might have to get another surgery on top of that I have severe fatigue issues and I can't work

MrMVP91

Say My Name
Feb 10, 2009
someone educate me on pot/cbd oil and how it can help me sleep or what i need to be looking for pls
Get edibles.
i went to a shop and he sold me 10mg of indica gummies said it should help me fall asleep. he told me cbd oil or whatever doesnt really do anything (my trainer said i should try it for sleep)
My usual experience with 10mg is major munchies/really high about an hour after taking it, then about 30-45 minutes more after that I get really tired and fall asleep. So about a 2 hour process at most. But could be different for you, never know.

Anghellic11

Super Star
Jun 22, 2005
Get edibles.
i went to a shop and he sold me 10mg of indica gummies said it should help me fall asleep. he told me cbd oil or whatever doesnt really do anything (my trainer said i should try it for sleep)
My usual experience with 10mg is major munchies/really high about an hour after taking it, then about 30-45 minutes more after that I get really tired and fall asleep. So about a 2 hour process at most. But could be different for you, never know.
It's like a fkin candy shop in there lol. It's pretty cool.

Am I putting too much thought in to like what helps you sleep? Indica is indica or i gotta look at certain strains and stuff?

MrMVP91

Say My Name
Feb 10, 2009

Am I putting too much thought in to like what helps you sleep? Indica is indica or i gotta look at certain strains and stuff?
I'm not an expert, I just know that in general indica is indica, especially when it comes to edibles. Gummies is what I always get so the process I described above is from them. Just don't take more than one per night, even if it feels like it's not hitting you, it takes about an hour or so like I said.

Anghellic11

Super Star
Jun 22, 2005

I'm not an expert, I just know that in general indica is indica, especially when it comes to edibles. Gummies is what I always get so the process I described above is from them. Just don't take more than one per night, even if it feels like it's not hitting you, it takes about an hour or so like I said.
Ok thanks =). The guys in those shops were pretty knowledgeable but it's almost like information overload. I'll try what I got and go from there.

MrMVP91

Say My Name
Feb 10, 2009

Ok thanks =). The guys in those shops were pretty knowledgeable but it's almost like information overload. I'll try what I got and go from there.
Also forgot to mention that if you take it on an empty stomach then it should probably hit you faster and the munchies will be stronger. But even on a full stomach, I'd say about an hour is usually right.

Anghellic11

Super Star
Jun 22, 2005
Also forgot to mention that if you take it on an empty stomach then it should probably hit you faster and the munchies will be stronger. But even on a full stomach, I'd say about an hour is usually right.
This is probably an idiotic question but can I appease the munchies like before hand with say a high protein snack, wait a bit then eat it and go to bed.. or does the munchies just mean im gonna wanna eat no matter what lol.

MrMVP91

Say My Name
Feb 10, 2009
This is probably an idiotic question but can I appease the munchies like before hand with say a high protein snack, wait a bit then eat it and go to bed.. or does the munchies just mean im gonna wanna eat no matter what lol.
It'll probably lessen them at least somewhat, I'd imagine. I never really tried that before so I'm not sure. I know I always get them no matter what, they just varied in severity based on how much I ate beforehand (I just never tried eating something that would specifically weaken them or anything like that, so I'm honestly not sure, but you can probably google it I'd imagine).

ldsmithson

No Longer a Noob
Oct 15, 2010
[URL='http://www.ign.com/boards/members/anghellic11.1549755/'][URL='http://www.ign.com/boards/members/anghellic11.1549755/']@Anghellic11[/URL][/URL] diddy the born-again doer of weed says do meth

This sounds like me. I'm sure everything will work itself out for the best. I can't find it right now, but I swear I read a quote, I think it was from Vonnegut, that was something like "Everything works itself out in the end, and if it doesn't, that's because it isn't the end". Where was your previous job if you don't mind me asking?

I feel like Ang is going to turn into a different person with this newfound discovery. I never really get the munchies, but I'm told this is a pretty big abnormality.

Anghellic11

Super Star
Jun 22, 2005

This sounds like me. I'm sure everything will work itself out for the best. I can't find it right now, but I swear I read a quote, I think it was from Vonnegut, that was something like "Everything works itself out in the end, and if it doesn't, that's because it isn't the end". Where was your previous job if you don't mind me asking?

I feel like Ang is going to turn into a different person with this newfound discovery. I never really get the munchies, but I'm told this is a pretty big abnormality.
My internet persona on here is like the complete opposite to how I feel IRL. You think i'd be full of energy or even have ADD or something probably but i can't even keep my eyes open. I've tried so many different things, if anyone here is a doctor feel free to help xDDDDD.

Vega-0021

Star
Aug 23, 2010

Really bad man. My surgery is fucked up I might have to get another surgery on top of that I have severe fatigue issues and I can't work

Sorry to hear that, man. If you don't mind me asking, what was the original surgery for?

MrMVP91

Say My Name
Feb 10, 2009

My internet persona on here is like the complete opposite to how I feel IRL. You think i'd be full of energy or even have ADD or something probably but i can't even keep my eyes open. I've tried so many different things, if anyone here is a doctor feel free to help xDDDDD.
Plot twist: Ang is actually a hardcore liberal. Who would've known.

Cubelar

Cube the pube
Jul 24, 2005
Are you unable to smoke because of the surgery recovery? Edibles are cool and mellow but I'd prefer smoking over edibles 10 times out of 10. That's just me tho, maybe you could try both and see what you prefer

Anghellic11

Super Star
Jun 22, 2005

Sorry to hear that, man. If you don't mind me asking, what was the original surgery for?
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/chiari-malformation/symptoms-causes/syc-20354010

I have/had something called chiari malformation. Basically where spinal fluid enters/leaves the brain at the back of my head, it's heavily restricted and there was almost no flow happening. The neurologist actually told me it's the worst chiari malformation he's ever seen. It's somewhat common to have a malformation and not have any symptoms actually. Anyways, the neurologist told me when he looked at the follow up MRI that the surgeon hadn't fully cleared up the area, probably because it was such a bad malformation, and I likely need to have them go back in and do it all this time.

Main symptoms that I had was severe headaches and vertigo/dizziness especially when straining the head/neck area. Even something like coughing sneezing or laughing would bring on a flurry of debilitating headaches for me personally. If the spinal fluid has no where to go it can cause a syrinx/spinal cord tumor which I did not have but was at high risk for, apparently.

Anghellic11

Super Star
Jun 22, 2005
Are you unable to smoke because of the surgery recovery? Edibles are cool and mellow but I'd prefer smoking over edibles 10 times out of 10. That's just me tho, maybe you could try both and see what you prefer
I can smoke I just thought i'd prefer edibles. I'm open to anything.

MrMVP91

Say My Name
Feb 10, 2009

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/chiari-malformation/symptoms-causes/syc-20354010

I have/had something called chiari malformation. Basically where spinal fluid enters/leaves the brain at the back of my head, it's heavily restricted and there was almost no flow happening. The neurologist actually told me it's the worst chiari malformation he's ever seen. It's somewhat common to have a malformation and not have any symptoms actually. Anyways, the neurologist told me when he looked at the follow up MRI that the surgeon hadn't fully cleared up the area, probably because it was such a bad malformation, and I likely need to have them go back in and do it all this time.

Main symptoms that I had was severe headaches and vertigo/dizziness especially when straining the head/neck area. Even something like coughing sneezing or laughing would bring on a flurry of debilitating headaches for me personally. If the spinal fluid has no where to go it can cause a syrinx/spinal cord tumor which I did not have but was at high risk for, apparently.
Damn that sounds brutal.

dab7291993

Super Star
Nov 19, 2006
I use a vaporizer for dry herb. You're not actually burning anything and the high is pretty concentrated. I feel like if you got the right strain and used it with a vaporizer it might put you right out.

Edibles or vapor is the best route tbh. If you've gone this far without inhaling something on fire you can keep going. And alternatives to smoking are readily available in Colorado.

I'm trying to quit cigarettes and have quit burning weed. I'm starting to feel better and even though I am a little on edge.

Jeremyar

Lets Go Niners!!
Feb 18, 2002

For some reason this made me laugh a lot harder than it should have lol.

I don't post a lot of the things I feel on here anymore because I'm so middle of the road on everything. I don't identify as a liberal even though I'm from Long Beach/LA. But I think conservatives are the most narrow minded people I've ever met and if they all just....went away I wouldn't think twice about them.

Btw...I've started posting on Reddit a lot more on their sports boards. I feel like such a traitor to IGN after all these years.

Vega-0021

Star
Aug 23, 2010

Goddamn, that sounds like hell. Get better, dude.

As for the weed, some quick-hitters based on my experience:
  • Cotton-mouth is one of the worst side effects, so stay hydrated.
  • Take it on an empty stomach for quicker metabolism. I would take it a few hours before you go to bed because I find it difficult to sleep high. It's the comedown/burnout that makes it easier to sleep for me, but maybe that's just me.
  • Indica will give you serious couch-lock - meaning you won't feel like moving at all, or maybe even physically feel like you can't (but you can, it's just mentally you're so sedated that you feel as if you can't move). It tends to go away as tolerance increases from my experience.
  • If you get munchies, have healthy snacks on hand. Fruits are always my go-to.

Anghellic11

Super Star
Jun 22, 2005

Damn that sounds brutal.
Since 7~9th grade I've had chronic fatigue, severe memory loss issues, headaches, dizziness, tinnitus, among other things. In the later years of High School I gained a lot of weight, I'm 29 now but when I was 23 I weighed over 410 pounds and had severe depression. I never felt good and I was a young kid so obviously I just ate a lot. I always assumed this was the cause of my issues, being so overweight, so one day I decided I'm either going to kill myself or I'm going to lose the weight. Right now I weigh 180 pounds. But.. I didn't feel better, heck I may even feel worse now than I did when I was so overweight. So I've done numerous MRI's, sleep apnea tests, blood work more times than I can count, countless anti-depressants and some sleep aids but nothing has helped. Then finally my eye doctor out of all people was looking over my MRI results and noticed I had a chiari malformation. I went to the surgeon and he said it's bad and immediately had the surgery basically immediately as I was desperate to feel better. A few months went by and I realized this surgeon doesn't really know much about this condition (and also he's just a surgeon, he cuts stuff) so I found a neurologist who actually knows what he's talking about in this department and he went over it with me. He's quite confident in 6 months to 1 year my headaches and dizziness will start to go away, but I may need follow up surgery as mentioned earlier. He said my severe fatigue likely is related to something else completely and every time I go to my primary care doctor he just keeps shoving more anti-depressants down my throat. Everyone I have ever talked to says don't take these things so I'm stopping. I'm now at that ultimatum I was at before in my life with my weight. I either need to solve this issue or stop living. I know that sounds crazy but I am not depressed, I just can't live like this. I went from working full time but feeling like shit, to barely working part time, to one day a week to now unemployed. The only way I can describe how tired I am is that if I turn on the T.V. and watch a movie for the day, I consider that a productive day right now. Since the surgery I've gotten in a bad habit of not doing anything and never going out which is probably a little expected/excusable but my parents loaned me some money to buy a drone, one of the cheaper ones. It's something im really interested in so if it gets me outside to do something.. anything.. that's a big success. But from the medical side of things, I decided it's time to start taking some more aggressive medications so idk something like adderall, ritalin, vyvanese for my fatigue. I'd prefer to go a more natural route if i can, so any suggestions are welcome. My personal trainer says something like pot or cbd oil to sleep is far healthier than chugging pharmacy pills designed to help me sleep and I trust his opinion, so I'm hoping these will help :D

I've never gotten this personal on here but I consider all of you my friends, I really do, and I share more things with my online friends than my IRL ones tbh.

This used to be me .. here u guys wanted a pic!
Image.jpg

I should be more proud about what I did weight wise but tbh I still feel I look exactly the same. Maybe i'll upload a new photo of me tomorrow.

Anghellic11

Super Star
Jun 22, 2005

I don't post a lot of the things I feel on here anymore because I'm so middle of the road on everything. I don't identify as a liberal even though I'm from Long Beach/LA. But I think conservatives are the most narrow minded people I've ever met and if they all just....went away I wouldn't think twice about them.

Btw...I've started posting on Reddit a lot more on their sports boards. I feel like such a traitor to IGN after all these years.
I'm quite liberal when it comes to social policies tbh. Though I don't identify with like those crazy leftists identity politics crap. I feel like I identify with probably 80% of america? and the other crazy 10% on both sides are just very loud and annoying. so if i say im a republican u picture that 10% and if u say u r aliberal I picture that other 10% but in reality im sur emost of us are in that 80% where we probably agree on all of the same shit.

MrMVP91

Say My Name
Feb 10, 2009

Damn that sounds brutal.
Since 7~9th grade I've had chronic fatigue, severe memory loss issues, headaches, dizziness, tinnitus, among other things. In the later years of High School I gained a lot of weight, I'm 29 now but when I was 23 I weighed over 410 pounds and had severe depression. I never felt good and I was a young kid so obviously I just ate a lot. I always assumed this was the cause of my issues, being so overweight, so one day I decided I'm either going to kill myself or I'm going to lose the weight. Right now I weigh 180 pounds. But.. I didn't feel better, heck I may even feel worse now than I did when I was so overweight. So I've done numerous MRI's, sleep apnea tests, blood work more times than I can count, countless anti-depressants and some sleep aids but nothing has helped. Then finally my eye doctor out of all people was looking over my MRI results and noticed I had a chiari malformation. I went to the surgeon and he said it's bad and immediately had the surgery basically immediately as I was desperate to feel better. A few months went by and I realized this surgeon doesn't really know much about this condition (and also he's just a surgeon, he cuts stuff) so I found a neurologist who actually knows what he's talking about in this department and he went over it with me. He's quite confident in 6 months to 1 year my headaches and dizziness will start to go away, but I may need follow up surgery as mentioned earlier. He said my severe fatigue likely is related to something else completely and every time I go to my primary care doctor he just keeps shoving more anti-depressants down my throat. Everyone I have ever talked to says don't take these things so I'm stopping. I'm now at that ultimatum I was at before in my life with my weight. I either need to solve this issue or stop living. I know that sounds crazy but I am not depressed, I just can't live like this. I went from working full time but feeling like shit, to barely working part time, to one day a week to now unemployed. The only way I can describe how tired I am is that if I turn on the T.V. and watch a movie for the day, I consider that a productive day right now. Since the surgery I've gotten in a bad habit of not doing anything and never going out which is probably a little expected/excusable but my parents loaned me some money to buy a drone, one of the cheaper ones. It's something im really interested in so if it gets me outside to do something.. anything.. that's a big success. But from the medical side of things, I decided it's time to start taking some more aggressive medications so idk something like adderall, ritalin, vyvanese for my fatigue. I'd prefer to go a more natural route if i can, so any suggestions are welcome. My personal trainer says something like pot or cbd oil to sleep is far healthier than chugging pharmacy pills designed to help me sleep and I trust his opinion, so I'm hoping these will help :D

I've never gotten this personal on here but I consider all of you my friends, I really do, and I share more things with my online friends than my IRL ones tbh.

Image.jpg

I should be more proud about what I did weight wise but tbh I still feel I look exactly the same. Maybe i'll upload a new photo of me tomorrow.
First of all that weight loss is fucking incredible. Second of all, if you've already come this far and have taken such serious steps (and made such huge progress) to fix your health problems, hopefully that's enough motivation to keep you going until it's back to a point where you feel like you can live normally again.

Third of all, how damn tall are you [face_shock]

Jeremyar

Lets Go Niners!!
Feb 18, 2002

I'm quite liberal when it comes to social policies tbh. Though I don't identify with like those crazy leftists identity politics crap. I feel like I identify with probably 80% of america? and the other crazy 10% on both sides are just very loud and annoying. so if i say im a republican u picture that 10% and if u say u r aliberal I picture that other 10% but in reality im sur emost of us are in that 80% where we probably agree on all of the same shit.
The vast majority of conservatives/republicans that I work with in the Army are all radicals. They think everyone is out to take their guns and their jobs will be taken away and given to illegal immigrants that want to do nothing but pillage and rape their homes and women. They literally demonize Obama and ANYTHING he did. So it's hard for me to rationalize with anyone that has a one track mind and can be easily persuaded to hate other people. Trump could literally shoot someone in the head on national tv and the people I work with would blame liberals for making him do it. But not before denying he did it in the first place.

Vega-0021

Star
Aug 23, 2010

Damn that sounds brutal.

Image.jpg

You may already know this information, but I would talk with your doctor before discontinuing the anti-depressants. Depending on how long you've been on them, you may need to be tapered off. Stopping cold turkey could cause some... unpleasant side effects, to say the least.

Anghellic11

Super Star
Jun 22, 2005

The vast majority of conservatives/republicans that I work with in the Army are all radicals. They think everyone is out to take their guns and their jobs will be taken away and given to illegal immigrants that want to do nothing but pillage and rape their homes and women. They literally demonize Obama and ANYTHING he did. So it's hard for me to rationalize with anyone that has a one track mind and can be easily persuaded to hate other people. Trump could literally shoot someone in the head on national tv and the people I work with would blame liberals for making him do it. But not before denying he did it in the first place.
I really feel like twitter, facebook, and that sort of stuff has created this whole radical rage on both sides. Gave idiots a microphone to spread fear or idiotic ideas or whatever. I think Obama did some good things and some bad things, when I say I identify is a conservative it's really from an economic standpoint so I'm not a fan of Obama's economic policies nor am I a fan of Trump. I also think Trump has done some good things and some bad things.

Anghellic11

Super Star
Jun 22, 2005
Damn that sounds brutal.

Image.jpg

First of all that weight loss is fucking incredible. Second of all, if you've already come this far and have taken such serious steps (and made such huge progress) to fix your health problems, hopefully that's enough motivation to keep you going until it's back to a point where you feel like you can live normally again.

lol I'm not that tall 5'10.

I actually wouldn't even describe myself as ever living a normal day in my adult life, which sucks but I think something will help I Just have to find it.

Jun 25, 2011
After all these years, the face behind Ang is revealed...

In all seriousness, props to you for talking about all that. Mental health and the other things you discussed aren’t easy to talk about, even on the internet where we’re all relatively anonymous. I definitely have some issues with depression and anxiety but have never really gone into detail like that with anyone even on here. Respect.

MrMVP91

Say My Name
Feb 10, 2009

Image.jpg

lol I'm not that tall 5'10.

I actually wouldn't even describe myself as ever living a normal day in my adult life, which sucks but I think something will help I Just have to find it.
Oh ok, must just be the angle then, I thought you're like 6'5 based on that pic lol.

Jeremyar

Lets Go Niners!!
Feb 18, 2002
I really feel like twitter, facebook, and that sort of stuff has created this whole radical rage on both sides. Gave idiots a microphone to spread fear or idiotic ideas or whatever. I think Obama did some good things and some bad things, when I say I identify is a conservative it's really from an economic standpoint so I'm not a fan of Obama's economic policies nor am I a fan of Trump. I also think Trump has done some good things and some bad things.
I vote democrat because of where I come from and the things i've seen in my neighborhoods. I understand that everyone has different views and I have a ton of respect for some of my republican friends when they can see beyond their political ties. It just amazes me how extreme leftists and alt right members have taken over the narrative for their side of the political landscape. Any time someone tries too hard to push their opinions and agendas onto other people, it irks me like no other. No one seems open minded anymore. I really do feel like Trump and the republican party have such a big impact on this as well. Liberals seem to accept differences and want an open forum on how to do better by all people. Yet extreme leftists push that shit too far and try to shove the we are the world narrative down our throats too much. On the other side though even baseline conservatives always come off as hate mongers. It's them against the world and thats it. If you don't agree with them, you're against them. There's no compromise.