dab7291993

Super Star
Nov 19, 2006
>Game Log
>click on range of games on bball reference.
>a mini window will open with the stats of that range.

This feature only works on a computer, it won't happen on my phone.

-D3-

Perfected on Puritan Avenue
Apr 13, 2012
So has he been playing differently over the past few games? What would you guys attribute his increased efficiency to?

BRQRXQJQUU

Star
Mar 16, 2013
So has he been playing differently over the past few games? What would you guys attribute his increased efficiency to?
his shot just... looks better. and kyrie's been taking pressure off of him. he's had to iso less, and outside of the occasional heat check, his selection is way better, but all of these things are kinda related

Last edited by a moderator:

platchat

Hold on, fellas.
Jul 29, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Irving is playing at the level he can now, his first few games back were iffy

Well, Irving had his way with us and it let LeBron play more of his style and he went 7 for 11 for 20 points, so I assume the same thing has happened in the other recent games due to Irving playing well

l3bron

Star
Nov 8, 2003
Guys, this may shock you, but LeBron James didn't become a bum overnight. It was a tough stretch, but the overreaction to his shooting was alarming.

BRQRXQJQUU

Star
Mar 16, 2013
Is this what you're looking for?

51.7% of jumpshots outside the paint since Dec 29
Change it to Dec 28 and it drops to 46%
Yes, it has it at 28.11% up until Dec. 28th, and at 30.89% for the entire season, maybe not including tonight where I'd guess he probably shot around 40% outside the paint.

51.7% since this thread was made doe, noice

[URL='http://www.ign.com/boards/members/d3.4366982/']@-D3-[/URL]

BRQRXQJQUU

Star
Mar 16, 2013
look
whoops, meant to post this in the team thread.
Oh well :)
edit: this might just be wishful thinking, but even on the final three, which was one of those where he just holds onto the ball for a long time for no reason, his form looked better than he has since he's returned to the Cavs

l3bron

Star
Nov 8, 2003
Those second and third shots were ones he wasn't taking (or making) earlier in the season. Most of them came out of a much longer isolation sequence or feet planted catch and shoot, without any sort of rhythm. Nice to see.

BlacKxKira

Feelin' Godly
Aug 14, 2012
I understand the overreaction since his jumpshot has been off since like last year in the playoffs. I was even worried myself but ever since kyrie has been back he's been getting really good shots and playing off the ball more which is awesome. I love it when he plays off the ball man

Anghellic11

Super Star
Jun 22, 2005
I haven't followed this much but he's still shooting above 50% from the field on the season so it can't be that bad..

BRQRXQJQUU

Star
Mar 16, 2013

[URL='http://www.ign.com/boards/members/bigmeech.4606810/'][URL='http://www.ign.com/boards/members/bigmeech.4606810/']@BigMeech[/URL][/URL] he's improved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit: Ricky Rubio is shooting 32.5% outside the restricted area/paint. Has 268 attempts from that range :^O:^O:^O:^O:^O:^O:^O:^O So much for Kyrie helping
his shot just... looks better. and kyrie's been taking pressure off of him. he's had to iso less, and outside of the occasional heat check, his selection is way better, but all of these things are kinda related
[URL='http://www.ign.com/boards/members/giveupthegoods.4755043/'][URL='http://www.ign.com/boards/members/giveupthegoods.4755043/']@giveupthegoods[/URL][/URL] Kyrie is taking pressure off of him, but he's been shooting terrible, still. I never had any wishful thinking or anything, never made excuses or said it's solely because Kyrie was out. Why do you insist on making such awful posts?

Sep 2, 2013
Somewhere over the rainbow

[URL='http://www.ign.com/boards/members/bigmeech.4606810/'][URL='http://www.ign.com/boards/members/bigmeech.4606810/']@BigMeech[/URL][/URL] he's improved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit: Ricky Rubio is shooting 32.5% outside the restricted area/paint. Has 268 attempts from that range :^O:^O:^O:^O:^O:^O:^O:^O So much for Kyrie helping
[URL='http://www.ign.com/boards/members/giveupthegoods.4755043/'][URL='http://www.ign.com/boards/members/giveupthegoods.4755043/']@giveupthegoods[/URL][/URL] Kyrie is taking pressure off of him, but he's been shooting terrible, still. I never had any wishful thinking or anything, never made excuses or said it's solely because Kyrie was out. Why do you insist on making such awful posts?
lol but this was his motivation! lol

BRQRXQJQUU

Star
Mar 16, 2013
I merely mentioned that he shot better after this thread, never once implied it was his motivation.
But I do agree that it's stupid to just start playing better because someone talks shit about you or some stat like the original one arises.
Stop assuming things, thanks.

J-D15

oh hey!
Jun 10, 2008
Lebron fades on almost all his shots instead of going straight up. He will never be a consistent jump shooter because of this. When he gets hot it's because of his work ethic. He understands that his jump shot is the weakest part of his game, but since the structure of the shot is off, he'll never be consistent with it.

dab7291993

Super Star
Nov 19, 2006
Lebron fades on almost all his shots instead of going straight up. He will never be a consistent jump shooter because of this. When he gets hot it's because of his work ethic. He understands that his jump shot is the weakest part of his game, but since the structure of the shot is off, he'll never be consistent with it.
I feel like this is a quote of mine from 2009 lol.

BlacKxKira

Feelin' Godly
Aug 14, 2012
Pretty much this. If you watch LeBron play I swear he has like 20 different jump shots. It never the same form

Last edited:

CyberGlion

Prime Member
Oct 18, 2008
Tennessee
LeBron's been ridiculous to close this season. He's not any worse than he was last year (if anything, he's better but still on the decline from his Heat days) and we know what postseason Bron looked like last year and I can see him top that this year, he has to if wants to beat GS or SAS. Curry is no doubt having a better season, same for KD, but the postseason should be the deciding factor in who the best in the league is.

BRQRXQJQUU

Star
Mar 16, 2013
LeBron's been ridiculous to close this season. He's not any worse than he was last year (if anything, he's better but still on the decline from his Heat days) and we know what postseason Bron looked like last year and I can see him top that this year, he has to if wants to beat GS or SAS. Curry is no doubt having a better season, same for KD, but the postseason should be the deciding factor in who the best in the league is.
Was just thinking this, his ts% in the last 10 games or so is like 68, and his play overall has been his best stretch since returning to the Cavs

CyberGlion

Prime Member
Oct 18, 2008
Tennessee
Was just thinking this, his ts% in the last 10 games or so is like 68, and his play overall has been his best stretch since returning to the Cavs
Last 10 games: 27/8/8.5 on 60% in only 36 mpg and that's not adjusting 3's/ft's or tonight's game. He might still be the best player in the league, I think it's clear LeBron doesn't give a shit about the regular season anymore (and hasn't since 13-14) and he shouldn't if he wants to be at full strength against whoever comes out West.

Last edited:

JhaeGar

charged up
Jun 7, 2015
Lebron the only guy that can casually get away with that stat line and have people not even look twice

Last edited:

Dragon.Slayer666

Representin' the 315
Jun 4, 2005
New York
Pacing himself and being on the decline are two different things.

It ain't worth trying to rack up stats the whole damn season like that when you are going for a championship. The Warriors are gonna learn that the hard way this year.

dab7291993

Super Star
Nov 19, 2006

It ain't worth trying to rack up stats the whole damn season like that when you are going for a championship. The Warriors are gonna learn that the hard way this year.
Warriors are too young/deep to really be affected by it though.

I am happy that LeBron is playing his best going into the playoffs and Kyrie seems to be gathering his shot back. I'm excited for the playoffs.

RyanRogers013

I don't need therapy.. I'm just mentally ill
Jul 7, 2006

The Warriors were the first team in history to try and win every game they played this season. What an inspiration!

BRQRXQJQUU

Star
Mar 16, 2013
In their last 10:

Curry

36.5 mpg, 28-6-8 (pts/reb/ast) 4.2 TOV on 47/44.5/93 for 62.6 TS%

LeBron

35.6 mpg, 28.4-8-8.5 (pts/reb/ast) 3.7 TOV on 62/52/80 for 69 TS%

Since March:

Curry

(22 games) 35 mpg, 28-6-7 (pts/reb/ast) 3.2 TOV on 47/41/90 for 62 TS%

LeBron

(19 games) 35 mpg, 26.5-8.3-7.3 (pts/reb/ast) 3.6 TOV on 57/39/79 for 64 TS%

LeBron's ORtg over that span? 126 to Curry's 117. He has been a more efficient scorer, a hair better distributor, a better defender obviously, and is doing it all in the same minutes played.

Curry has obviously still had the better overall season and will win MVP, but the last quarter leading into the playoffs is a significant enough sample for me to say that Curry simply isn't the better player at this moment in time, with LeBron finding his J and returning to his Miami-level efficiency and springiness.