sdlewis2

Noob
Oct 3, 2008
First off, I'm not a fan boy. I have all 3 consoles and haven't really got a preference (the wii kinda sucks though). I managed to blag this a day before it came out and I have to admit I have been blown away.
Apart from the odd annoyance (your character is really freaking small) this game is pure balls to the wall, non stop action. Visually it's stunning, easily the best looking game I've ever played. The realism of the aiming makes for a more engrossing experience and usual FPS traits like run and gunning gets punished fast.

Any criticism leveled at this game seems a little unjust. It was never going to live up to the hype, this was a given but to say it offers nothing new is a pretty blind statement. Maybe the narrative isn't the freshest thing ever but technically the game is head and shoulders above every other FPS. The AI for example is incredible, making it feel like you're fighting against real people and not just CPU controlled bots. I have the same admiration for Killzone 2 as I had for Half Life when that first came out, it feels like it should be having the same effect but sadly it's seems to be getting abused for reasons completely unjustifiable.

The only thing I will say is I'm not hooked, I will happily put the pad down and have a go of SF4 if only for a breather. it's intense, it's brutal yet is consistently beautiful.

If this came out on the PC or 360 will it be getting as much crap? hmmmmm doubt it.

zibzed

Noob
Oct 5, 2008
been playing this for a couple of days now and i must say the single player is one of the best i've played, as for multiplayer the controls are waay off,
and accurracy is all over the place...its incredibly annoying and its gonna take some getting used to.

Jun 25, 2001
I don't understand the hype, I'm so disappointed I've bought this. I have also played fear 2 which is far superior.
This game looks nice (but not any better than other recent games) but the controls are ropey as hell. The accuracy of the guns is atrocious and most enemies seem to be taken out by your squad rather than you. Just aim in the enemies general direction and you can get through most levels.
The story is hideously cliched, oh sorry its really original because this time Humans are invading someone elses home world (yawn), this game just screams generic to me with no touches that make it stand out from any others, the less thats said about the multi-player the better, possibly the most infuriating experience i've ever had.
In summery.....avoid! there are much better games out there and another failure for the ps3 exclusives, god damn, sort it out sony I'm finding very hard to find reasons to keep my ps3!

Nov 25, 2008
from the demo i played the accuracy is the games main flaw... shooting from the hip is redundant as you have nearly a zero chance of actually hitting anyone, so you have to click the L3 to zoom in while holding R2 to hide behind cover and aiming with the R stick and then pressing L2 to shoot... it's a nightmare. Resistance 2 is way more fun

sdlewis2

Noob
Oct 3, 2008
I don't understand people's problem with the controls...It is a bit awkward aiming with R3 but you can change it. And in all fairness aiming is a necessity nowadays in FPS games, particularly ones where the battle takes place in a vast environment. Could you shoot from the hip on Gears of War 2? No. Did people complain? No. Could you get away with running and gunning on Call of Duty 4 and WaW? No. Did people complain? No.

The level of criticism this game is getting is very harsh. I'm not saying it's the best game ever (for the record Shadow of the Colossus still holds that title for me) but don't shoot it down just because it's not.

The offline skirmish mode is quality by the way.

liveswired

Noob
Oct 3, 2005
It's a technical marvell for the ps3, shows what a 7800gts can really do! on the other hand its really just a run of the mill fps with amazing graphics.

Jul 31, 2006
@ liveswired

The RSX is not really a 7800gts but believe what you want
Also KZ2 is as much a run of the mill fps as Gears 2 is a run of the mill thirdps.
Fool.

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
finally got and played this badboy today (cheers 4 the delay fucking play.com) and the verdict is i'm very very very impressed i thought crysis was an awesome feat but damn does this come close!! i know its unfair me comparing its graphics to a pc game.. but what other title does that? halo does not, resistance does not, mgs4 although lush does not, cod 4 and 5 (also brilliant games) does not.. so yea looking forward to having a go at online mode now and things are looking very rosy for kz2! only minor knack.. no co-op on or offline.. now i know i'm not the only one who think that (havent read any of the online game reviews yet) but hopefully guerilla does a patch to add this mode both for the story and skirmish mode (also top notch)
final thought are that if publishers are willing to put time into really tweaking their games like what guerilla have done the ps3 will ( and i emphasize WILL) dominate the next gen console sales (notice i didn't say war)
well done guerilla and bring on that patch and kz 3!!!

liveswired

Noob
Oct 3, 2005
killkill-tk simply by comparing the features, the time it was built and the technology, the RSX is essentially a SLIGHTLY modified 7800, not even the most simple ps3 owner could deny it by comparing the spec sheet for that component - heck it even has the last gen pixel and vertex shaders. plain and simple. Killzone is run of the mill and so is Gears of War 2 - neither title offer little new other than raising the bar for console graphics. It seems no one can have an opinion these days without being labelled or called something.

kelo360

Noob
May 5, 2005
Looking for a new website featuring game reviews? Check out my review of Killzone 2.

http://www.news10.net/life/entertainment/story.aspx?storyid=55384&catid=99

Mar 15, 2009
GARBAGESTATION 3 SUX HARD!!!! YOU LIFELESS $ONY FANRATS!! YOU GUYS CAN REPLY TO THIS COMMENT ALL YOU WANT CAUSE I NEVER CONIMG TO THIS PAGE EVER WOOT!!!!

GHADemw80

Noob
Sep 21, 2009
What can i say Killzone 2 does it for me;

FREE ONLINE PLAY, DEDICATED SERVER SUPPORT, 50/50 deaths, meaning if you both do as much damage you both die at the same time rather than my connection is better so you die instead.
An AMAZING single player experience even without a full surround sound set up. i cannot fault this game although there are some things i would have liked to see, like a wider varity of weapons and as mentioned in the main reveiw more use of vehicles in the single player campagin,
but all said this time i can give this a straight 10.

xJPAPSTx

Noob
Aug 7, 2008
DarknellSoldier said:
GARBAGESTATION 3 SUX HARD!!!! YOU LIFELESS $ONY FANRATS!! YOU GUYS CAN REPLY TO THIS COMMENT ALL YOU WANT CAUSE I NEVER CONIMG TO THIS PAGE EVER WOOT!!!!

This guy is funny :^O

Nov 7, 2010
Graphically best game I've ever seen. Well story was not so good. Multiplayer, however, kept it on. One of the best FPS I ever played.

Jan 9, 2011
Loved the story, I feel it has great power and emotions which just put me right in the game and well it's just epic you can't describe the passion of the game if your a true gamer.The multi player however just didn't hit it for me I just can't play it, it's not my type of multi player game, I mostly think it's because you just get funnelled into small corridors so it's utter hell with almost no tactics, but the campaign was that good I'm giving it a 9/10 to be fair campaign makes a game not multi player.

-{Damn I hate being just an average unheard person/gamer I'm a young gamer with lots of ideas and creativity to bad I'm speaking to a brick wall, even If I shout at the wall I only hear myself.Why bother you try and try but no ones there to realise your even there...
Imagination comes from a younger mind..

I'm posting this on all my comments to make a point here.}-