wratih9

Get off my lawn!
Sep 19, 2000
I'm hoping we get a solid performance out of him as everyone else has been shaky for the past couple of starts. Last year I remember him being promising but somewhat up and down. I think I seen him a couple of games and he did well to start off with but started to falter after the 4th inning or so. He should also induce some double plays which should help to correct mistakes to a degree.

wratih9

Get off my lawn!
Sep 19, 2000
Well that game ended up being entertaining at the very least even though we still lost. Gore actually seemed like a decent 4th outfield with solid defense (though his throwing needs to improve) and he looked competent at the plate. Of course it's a small sample size but better than I expected. Fillmeyer didn't turn in a very good performance which saddens me. Starting pitching has been a bigger issue the past couple of starts compared to the bullpen (though that hasn't been great still).

Ocks-Wifed

Star
Oct 31, 2015
Crappy loss. Think Chris Owings playing everyday makes me more angry than the bullpen. I get that the bullpen is bad. They try everyone and they all suck. They have options to try besides Owings who could be part of the future.

Anyway Dozier hitting is a good sign. They need someone else besides Whit and Mondi to look like part of the future to fit in with the next wave actually winning.

wratih9

Get off my lawn!
Sep 19, 2000
Kelvin looks pretty good at 3rd and might be a suitable player to keep up here. I'm hoping Duda's injury keeps him out longer than May 4th.

Jun 25, 2011
There’s no reason the infield shouldn’t be O’Hearn Lopez Mondesi Dozier with Gutierrez as an active bench player

Ocks-Wifed

Star
Oct 31, 2015
I’m about ready to quit on O’Hearn. He looks like an August and September mirage against defeated bad teams.

Dozier-Lopez-Mondi-Whit across the horn.
Some combo of Gordon/Phillips/Bubba/Boni/Soler at OF and DH.

Get Owings, Hamilton, and Gore out of here. Absolute waste of space and time. Nothing there.

Also I went to game on Friday and was angry about Goodwin the whole time.

Jun 25, 2011
Also keep billy. Fans like him and you could maybe get a lotto ticket in a trade with a contending team who needs speed

Ocks-Wifed

Star
Oct 31, 2015
Keep him on the bench.

Dozier was the 8th overall pick. He deserved more time, plays multiple positions, and had upside. His biggest issue was getting hurt a lot in the minors.

OHearn is a low upside prospect that only plays first and is probably a platoon player at best. It’s fine to stick with him but I’d rather not waste the value of Whit and the shot for someone with more upside by playing Whit in the OF it it means Lopez is getting a shot.

But anyway I was reading this week in the minors on RR and someone said DM said Lopez would spend the year in Omaha. If we’re taking then keep playing Owings,Hamilton, O Hearn and Martin. It’s cool to have 5 guys with obp under 250

E: who likes Hamilton? Who cares about him?

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2011
Nicky should be up now. Literally zero reason not to. See better pitching, still play mostly everyday, and not like he’d make us any worse. Must just be a service time thing which I get, save him for as much of the next wave as we can.

2021 can’t come soon enough

wratih9

Get off my lawn!
Sep 19, 2000
I think we will be seeing Lopez by the end of the month and Owings very well be what he should have been, a utility player used a day or two a week to give guys a day off. I think this team will be changing a bit more as July approaches and DM realizes that it's another lost season. The sad part about the season is they are scoring better than the '14-'17 Royals and only have a -11 run differential so they should be better than their record. The bullpen is starting to become just terrible and not atrocious so you would think we would start winning a few games.

In other news, I was out of town last week for work in Fort Worth and went to a Rangers/Pirates game. It was pretty cool going to another ball park though there's is very enclosed feeling. Also while there I found out their beer is even more expensive than Kauffman. It was $14.50 for a pint :(.

wratih9

Get off my lawn!
Sep 19, 2000
Lopez is coming sooner than I thought he would. I wonder what the corresponding roster move will be on the 40 man? I would think it would be Owings but I wouldn't be surprised if Peralta or someone else got DFA'd.

Ocks-Wifed

Star
Oct 31, 2015
Call up Bubba next. Optimal royals lineup of

Whit RF
Mondi SS
Gordon LF
Dozier 1B
Soler DH
Gutierrez 3B
Salvy C by magic
Lopez 2B
Bubba CF

That line up wins 75 games cause the pitching staff sucks baby

wratih9

Get off my lawn!
Sep 19, 2000
Sounds like Frank the Tank doesn't want anything to do with the Royals now after the way they handled him. I cannot say I blame him though I will say that he should have recognized that he had to force their hand and he hasn't had a very good year in the majors or in AAA. Of course he's injured so that probably plays a part in it. Stuff like this why Duda and Owings need to be gone. I know Duda has been used due to injury and Owings hasn't played as much but they are both taking up space on the roster.

Also it appears that Lopez is legit and that O'hearn is not very good (so far).

Ocks-Wifed

Star
Oct 31, 2015
The Royals really suck and should trade Whit. He’s the closest thing they have to bringing back a Greinke like haul. If you believe in Lopez (who hasnt had a hit in a week) or if they draft Bobby Witt Jr then Whit wasting away in RF is pointless. His bat doesn’t carry there and his Defense looks mediocre at best.

Last edited:

Ocks-Wifed

Star
Oct 31, 2015
Looking through the minor league numbers today and ....not a great time. Seuly, MJ, and Protto all are having miserable years. Lee is having a pretty bad season in Omaha too.

Not a lot of promising things down there. Singer has been great and got bumped up to AA. Lynch has been solid. Kyle Isbel has been really good and hopefully he can advance quickly.

I really hope the Royals take Andrew Vaughn in the draft assuming Rutschman is taken. He’s not the type of guy the royals tend to take (toolz) and college 1B never go that high but the guy absolutely hits. A #3 hitter who can come up with the crop of pitchers would mean so much more to the team than Witt.

wratih9

Get off my lawn!
Sep 19, 2000
It's amazing how much Nicky has struggled after the first week or so of coming up. To be honest everyone that has been brought up has struggled mightily (which is to be expected), I was just hoping someone showed something more than a month later. Lopez needs to be moved down in the lineup which I think will help him immensely.

Dozier was just put on the DL so it should interesting to see who they bring up next. Starling also has cooled off of the past 10 games so he's not forcing the hand anymore. I'm thinking right now it will be Gutierrez again but I really have not idea since no one is pressing.

Ocks-Wifed

Star
Oct 31, 2015
Nicky has been looking like the biggest weakness scouts had on him...weakness. Just not strong enough to hit big league pitching hard. Also seems like he’s down 0-2 in the count a lot when I watch him so he’s not getting a lot of walks.

Really hoping Dozier isn’t serious. Pretty sure he missed a bunch of time a couple of years ago to an oblique injury. Anyway yay more bad news for the royals!!!

wratih9

Get off my lawn!
Sep 19, 2000
You think if he spent some time in the weight room that might help? Or is his body type just not going to pick up the power. I know there's a balance that has to be struck but I'm not sure how it will affect other aspects of his game because there is always a trade off. Either way I wanted to see him succeed after tearing up the minors for the most part.

Edit: We did end up with Witt Jr which might be overhyped but he seems like a sure thing. The 2nd & 3rd picks didn't seem horrible just nothing amazing. Glad to see them take short stops though since they can be converted to a lot of other positions.

Last edited:

wratih9

Get off my lawn!
Sep 19, 2000
Well it looks like Ned is finally dropping him down in the lineup, down to number 7.

Ocks-Wifed

Star
Oct 31, 2015
Eh when Dozier was healthy and Lopez looked good the first week that line up was 6 deep. Now it’s like 3 and hoping Soler will hit a HR

wratih9

Get off my lawn!
Sep 19, 2000
Full on train wreck mode right now. Up until about 2 weeks ago I didn't think the team was as bad as it's record but after seeing the last couple of weeks, yep they are as bad as their record.

wratih9

Get off my lawn!
Sep 19, 2000
Well the past couple of weeks have been a little better but if .500 baseball is the high point of the season I'm just going to mark us down for 108 or so losses. They did call up Arteago who has been solid on defense but not much on offense. I'll be glad to see Mondi back to help the lineup. Surely we should be seeing some movement of Hamilton, Gore, and Duda within the next 2-3 weeks.

Ocks-Wifed

Star
Oct 31, 2015
We should be seeing Duda and Gore let go and Hamilton moved to the bench.

They gotta make a move tomorrow I think. Skoglunds’s suspension is over so he’ll have to be placed on the 40 man at least. I assume they’ll put him back in the rotation too.

Ocks-Wifed

Star
Oct 31, 2015
Dozier!!! That was awesome and probably the best moment of the year. Hunter becoming an all star caliber player is so important to the future.