zgmfx

Almost Not a Noob
Jul 4, 2004
Alright so, DC has the finest superhero movie franchise ever created that has even won the acknowledgment of the Academy, and they're going to scrap it in favor of a brainless action movie so that they can do a crossover movie in the future.

J-Finesse

Noob
Aug 31, 2010
Or they could just mean that the Batman in the JLA movie is a Batman further down the years as being Batman. It wouldn't be something that conflicts with Nolan's origin story cause they wouldn't be changing his beginning, just flash forwarding a bit into Batman's future. Thus, they don't step on the toes of Nolan's movies or mess with the superb beginnings of the character. Also, this would allow them to have another actor to play Batman with the excuse of them implying that Bruce Wayne is just older then what he was in the Nolan trilogy.

This sounds closer to what I understood from this article. IGN was the one to say "reboot," but in the actual article, "reinvent" was the word that those involved with the movie used.

Rtist24

Noob
May 1, 2009
I'd love to see a Noir style Batman film, more detective, narrated, & so on... Filmed kinda like The Spirit just not so campy.. an actual comic to film batman

Kenny_Tha_Killa

Dream Master
Jan 13, 2010
zgmfx said:
Alright so, DC has the finest superhero movie franchise ever created that has even won the acknowledgment of the Academy, and they're going to scrap it in favor of a brainless action movie so that they can do a crossover movie in the future.

TDK won an Oscar for "sound editing" and wasn't even nominated for best picture or screenplay. You call that being acknowledged by the Academy? I call it a slap in the face.

Okay, one more time......they are not making a new Batman movie. They will have a different Batman (not Christian Bale) in the JLA movie. Probably ten years down the road they will make another Batman movie and it will have nothing to do with Nolan's Batman, but it's not happening right now. Everyone needs to get over it - it was a great run, but TDKR will be Nolan's last Batman movie.

BACHERG

No Longer a Noob
Oct 20, 2010
INSTEAD OF A JLA FILM WHY NOT MAKE A JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA FILM? that way batman cant be destroyed

Apr 21, 2011
I say don't do anything to the Batman, follow the same story arc that was used in the lastest animated version of the Justic League. Batman was founding memebr but he still did his own thing. He workd within the group, but made it clear. Batman was Batman, and there was no getting round that. To much messing with the characters and the movie is sure to fail.

Pzypro

Noob
Oct 31, 2010
Nolan's Batmans are the best thing that have happened to the franchise imo. They're two of my favorite films of all time [face_shock].

Also, so many super hero movies rolling out or have that I haven't yet seen [face_tongue].

Jun 22, 2008
I always wanted to see a JLA movie with an older Bale (lets face it, he's the kind of guy who's gonna stay fit) as Batman and leading the group.
But since that will take a while (& Bale would likely not do it without Nolan), a completely ground-up JLA movie would do good now.. but please wait until 2015 at least.. to reboot Green Lantern, a more comic-booky Batman, and let the Superman Trilogy happen, along with Wonder Woman, Flash, Hawkman, Martian Manhunter, Plastic Man?, Aquaman?, aaaaand... Captain Marvel???
Then in 15+ years, Nolan (if he wants to) comes back with a Justice League reboot TRILOGY!!!! [face_shock]OOO