Bot-IGN

<marquee> Crush... Kill... Post Articles... </marq
Mar 28, 2001
Article Comments for [link=http://movies.ign.com/articles/115/1158220p1.html]Justice League Movie Is Happening[/link]
by Phil Pirrello

Summary:
What does the future look like for WB's superhero movies? For starters, a Justice League movie and a reinvention of Batman. [link=http://movies.ign.com/articles/115/1158220p1.html]Read Full Article[/link]

Krothor

Almost Not a Noob
Apr 2, 2008
Wow. So this guy is either the most overly ambitious or least informed studio head alive. Better get crackin' on those Wonder Woman and Flash movies (oh, plus the Batman reboot) if you need to have them done before the JLA movie in 2013... WTF?!?!?!!?!?

WhateverYouSayFool

Almost Not a Noob
Jan 25, 2009
Well, he said Nolan will be producing the Batman reboot. At least he's still going to be on in some capacity. We'll see how well he does in that department (alone) when Superman comes out.

J

Jimbo9981

Original poster
So was Robinov supposed to reveal that Nolan isn't leaving the Batman franchise wholesale after TDKR is finished? Sounds like a slip-up, but then, studio-types like to toss the occasional morsel into the nerd dogpile and watch us rip it to shreds. It sounds like Nolan is turning into the Kevin Feige of DC Entertainment. Superman will be a potent indicator as to whether he can succed with all franchises like Batman.

Geterman30

Noob
Feb 11, 2009
I would like to see DC heroes in a connected universe. Also a Batman that not so grounded in reality, more like 1989 and not like Batman & Robin

May 9, 2009
Dear krothor, you're an idiot. Flash and Wonder Woman will spin out of the JLA movie, meaning they will happen after. And if their rebooting Batman, that will obviously be the case as well.

shortman86

Noob
Feb 11, 2011
A batman reboot??! Seriously? the news ones have been soooooooo amazing...trying to reboot Batman while it is still fresh...i duno.

Wonder woman and flash? that would be pretty cool.

I wonder if a Fantastic Four reboot might be a good idea. Also maybe combine the new comics they released with the death of human torch maybe??

Feb 7, 2011
Honestly, I'm not totally against a Justice League movie if the writing is competently done and us viewers aren't treated like idiots by rehashing information we've already seen on film. With the masterful execution of these past few Batfilms, I certainly don't think Bats needs another reboot. I can simply accept a different interpretation of the character onscreen without need for overt distinction. Personally, I've liked the independent depiction of Batman, but he does have an interesting character arc with the rest of the League (with his spying and whatnot). DC Films needs to do some serious work establishing characters if they truly want this JL film to happen!

Latnok

Almost Not a Noob
Sep 20, 2008
What happened to them not mimicing Marvels plans? They said they weren't going to do the same as them and now they are and wtf is up with a batman reboot?

I hope they don't make a new batman film on the silver screens.

Jonsay98

Noob
Feb 5, 2010
They can't reboot Batman again. They have finally made the best Batman movies ever so they cannot just restart and probably go back to failed Batman projects, like where Batman has a credit card or has a suit with nipples, or has some fruity batmobile.

JediMasterGabe

Almost Not a Noob
Mar 7, 2010
Wow a batman reboot? Seriously? Marvel is rebooting Spider-Man too early and now DC is making the same mistake.

bjacob33

Noob
Jul 10, 2009
Batman reboot is way down the line, after 2013. Probably 2015 or 2016. Remember, a lot of people weren't big on the idea of "Batman Begins", because the Tim burton version had "already done everything and couldn't be beaten". How many people believe that now?

So keep an open mind. Further, unlike Marvel, they are doing the reverse. Spinning individual films out of the JLA films, not ramping up to JLA by making you watch films you may not have an interest in. Wasn't Marvel planning to make "Antman"?

Nov 29, 2010
@ Latnok, they aren't mimicking Marvel's plans. There's nothing in this article or the original that indicates that's what's going on, that's just IGN's spin on the matter to get hits.

"Warner Bros. is clearly looking very closely at the way Marvel is ramping up...."

Warner Bros. has have been consistently been wanting to do a Justice League movie. They've also wanted to-consistently-do it differently than Marvel is doing the Avengers. Warner Bros. wants all the films prior to the Justice League to be independent of each other while Marvel is focusing on a inter-woven film.

As far as the Batman "reboot". That's also a word that IGN decided to throw in for hits. The original article doesn't mention "reboot" either.

It's completely logical that at least some point in the future after Nolan has completed directing his Batman films that Warner Bros. will want to continue making Batman films. That's all the article was stating about the matter.

Everyone needs to read the article more carefully and wade through IGN's faux-news.

Sep 2, 2008
The Nolan Batman movies are amazing and it's hard to even consider a non-Nolan Batman film. I guess they'd rather go the reboot route as opposed to trying to attempt to find a director to continue Nolan's vision of Batman. I honestly wouldn't mind a new director continuing the current Batman film series so long as it was someone that Christopher Nolan would hand pick to continue his work.

On the other hand, I'd like to see a modern Batman film that is closer to the comic books and a little less realistic than the Nolan ones. I suppose that's the only way Batman could exist in the world of the Justice League movie anyway.

Yeah i thought it was funny as well how not too long ago they were saying they were not trying to follow in the footsteps of Marvel and make an all star super hero team up movie just because Marvel was with Avengers. funny how they've changed their tune all of a sudden.

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
They're not saying they will reboot batman again, they're saying they will want to continue using the characters and maybe revamp him to what the next director wants, they will aknowledge Nolan's Trilogy but they will treat it like Batman year one, the next director is going to be able to introduce new elements set in the same universe.

Jul 17, 2003
After Nolan exits, they'll have to move into a more "comic book-y" direction if you ask me. Less grounded in reality, less thriller-y. Nolan's universe is awesome, but extremely limited if he's not going to utilize characters like Mr.Freeze, the Penguin and the Riddler. It's kind of a miracle we got the Joker when you think about the other villains in Nolan's movies.

I

Icecreamkilla

Original poster
Well they need a batman franchise more in line with the comics if they're gonna pull off a JLA movie. Nolan batman just won't work. If done correctly the snyder superman could be used for JLA. If they're serious they gotta start this thing by connecting the new superman and the green lantern movie in some way.

Aug 11, 2008
It didn't say anything about a reboot of BATMAN. It says reinvent which could mean that we see ROBIN (a kid this time), the Batman suite from the books (for once) and something more on the same level of the comics with the bad guys. Nolan will still be in charge he just won't be directing anymore, so he'll be told that Batman needs to be more action, lighter on the crime noire and more on the supernatural Killer Croc, Clayface type of movies, basically EFFECTS! The movies are great and not going into the realm of Shumaker and Burton and with Bale on board for a total of 5 your going to get a great product.

G-Atrocity

Noob
May 19, 2010
wow i was about to be pissed if they were already planning to reboot the batman movies (which in itself is a reboot of the previous ones) when the third hadn't even come out yet. idiotic titling. but i hope they keep it nolan-y because it's been working. any villain can be slightly tweaked because the second they go that real comic book-esque route it's going to start resembling the old batman movies i feel. i don't think anyone really wants that.

Mac_Es

Noob
Oct 20, 2010
Make a superman, flash, GL, and wonder woman movie, then a justice league movie. After that, when people see the new and different Batman, make a new Batman and green arrow movies....and anybody else they want to.

Kenny_Tha_Killa

Dream Master
Jan 13, 2010
"Robinov doesn't see any conflict between the Wonder Woman film and a potential big-screen version, pointing to the fact that Superman Returns came out while Smallville was on the air."

That's a typo, Cindy. It should say "Wonder Woman tv series" instead of film.

I just think it's funny how many people just read the headline and don't bother to read the article. To me, what Robinov is saying is that Bats will have to be reinvented for a JLA movie, not for a Batman movie. Which supports Nolan's previous statement that his Batman would never be involved in any cross-overs with other DC characters. There's no way they could put out another Batman movie before a supposed JLA movie opening in 2013, so they must be talking about rebooting Batman for the JLA movie.

What's interesting is how dismissive DC was about Marvel's plans with The Avengers and now they're "looking very closely". Hmmm, maybe all the excitement has changed their minds?

Dec 18, 2010
I was a little put off at first when I read they were gonna reinvent Batman...again...especially after the great job Nolan and co. have done. But we all love these characters for a reason, there are so many levels to them that can be explored...its like a different story tellers version of events...maybe he was like this..maybe like that..or maybe bits and pieces of all of it. I say go for it!!

John_777

Noob
Oct 19, 2010
Okay, The Avengers will probably work, because there's 4 superheros. But, how will they find a way to pull off the ENTIRE JUSTICE LEAGUE?! We'll see...

Mar 24, 2011
To finish the script, do great casting with 7-10 superheroes in the League AND a sweet villain (although something computer generated like Starro the Conqueror would be easier), film at a speed like Star Trek 2 for a 2013 release date? That's worthy of The Flash!

Ok, when do we start talking about the sweet possibilities of the supervillain?

nkuhs318

Noob
Aug 8, 2010
I think this is a dumb idea to happen so quickly right after TDKR...AND i think that Chris Nolan should stay far away from any other Batman films after TDKR as well because i feel that it is conflicting. I also don't think it will be as successful as Marvel's Avengers movie primarily because WB is rushing so fast to get it done and out in theaters which ultimately gives me another reason to tell Chris Nolan to STAY AWAY because of the great risk that this film will have to fail (in comparison to the rest of Nolan's works).

RobGrizzly

Almost Not a Noob
Feb 14, 2008
There's no doubt WB will continue making Batman movies. I just hope they let it rest for a good while before they do. Hopefully this shuts up theories that Nolan will kill Bruce in TDKR.

When The Avengers fails, they will re-think their strategy so I'm not worried.
JLA would work better anyway because the audience is more familiar with those characters, and as a team, their dynamic is more interesting.

twisterjamz

Almost Not a Noob
Jul 28, 2008
I'm just hoping that they actually do make it this time as I remember reading about it before that they were going to film it in australia before but then it got canned

the_LT

Noob
Sep 25, 2008
Easiest way to "reinvent" Batman for JLA? Have him appear only has Batman. Make him a supporting character, scratch Bruce Wayne from the project, and you can re-use a lot of stuff from Nolan's Bat-verse to keep it consistent without having to build upon it...or pay to have "Oscar Winner" Christian Bale to reprise his role.

Nov 29, 2010
IGN has really started something with the mis-leading "reboot" in this article (wisely they edited it). It's nothing but "reboot this" and "reboot that" on the IMDB boards.

Magnacor8

Noob
Dec 12, 2010
As long as The Dark Knight Rises is a suitable end to the series and they don't just cut it short to compete with Marvel, I don't have too much of an issue. I've never agreed with the reboot-gripes people have.

chaz51

Noob
Mar 12, 2004
NNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All-caps fury sufficiently unleashed. Really though, it could be a good idea. I just worry that it is for the purpose of competing with Marvel and they rush it without making it quality. The DC universe is great, and it needs to be well done.

ZBaksh386

Noob
Mar 24, 2010
I'm against this simply because it seems like DC and Warner Bros are just trying to copy the success or rather Hype that Marvel has with the Avengers by rushing a Justice league out to production.

thedo24

Noob
Aug 8, 2010
as long as they can get henry cavill and ryan reynolds to be apart of it, it might be good. getting christian bale to sign on will be tough though, i think he is done with the role after the dark knight rises. i like how marvel has all the same characters from the solo films in the avengers, minus edward norton.

k.k.slider25

Almost Not a Noob
Dec 5, 2007
I can now officially call bulls*it on that WB exec that said DC wouldn't have a connected film universe the way Marvel does. I think WB would be better off introducing characters first as the makority of the league other than Batman and Superman have very little mainstream exposure other than in cartoons and such and shoving new interpetations of WW, Flash, Aquaman, etc. into a movie all at once could be overwhelming for a lot of people. There's a reason why Marvel has been building up the eventual team-up int their movies for the past 3-4 years.

Aug 3, 2010
Make this movie happen! I don't care if they re-cast Superman, and the Ryan Reynolds GL, use John Stewart's version, please, please, please let this movie see the light of day! (Also, NO ZACK SNYDER!!!)