Trade incoming!

Baltimore trades:
Jose Ramirez

The Cubs trade:
Brandon Marsh
Hunter Greene
Daulton Jefferies

And that trade is approved.

When you can trade a top-10 (top-5?) position player on a dirt cheap contract before he plays an inning for your team, you ... gotta? I’m a big fan of Marsh and I think Greene might be able to get back into the top hundred discourse but ... yeah.

Zeratul65

Star
May 9, 2003
Are we going to freeze free agent signings once our season begins?

Also, will we be using the qualifying offer compensation system for outgoing free agents?

rocknrollsisyphus

We all go a little mod sometimes.
★ MOD
Feb 9, 2011
Are we going to freeze free agent signings once our season begins?
That’s @NBAman619’s call, because he’ll be the one handling the sims. Regardless, the same eligibility rules will apply in season unless/until otherwise noted.

Also, will we be using the qualifying offer compensation system for outgoing free agents?
I’d like to wait to see how it’s handled in the new CBA before formulating it in its entirety, but there will be something along those lines in place.

Jun 25, 2011
@NBAman619 @rocknrollsisyphus will players who were ineligible before the start of this season become eligible to be signed midseason? Like if somebody who went undrafted in the MiLB draft and isn’t eligible to be signed now comes up to the big leagues and performs well, could we sign them? Or will they be eligible for the following year’s prospect draft

rocknrollsisyphus

★ MOD
Feb 9, 2011
@NBAman619 @rocknrollsisyphus will players who were ineligible before the start of this season become eligible to be signed midseason? Like if somebody who went undrafted in the MiLB draft and isn’t eligible to be signed now comes up to the big leagues and performs well, could we sign them? Or will they be eligible for the following year’s prospect draft
We’re still working out the logistics of when undrafted prospects that debut in 2021 will be eligible. You’ll know well in advance what we decide, though. A draft/newly eligible players won’t be sprung on you.

rocknrollsisyphus

★ MOD
Feb 9, 2011

Hello all!

As @NBAman619 said, rosters will be locking soon. We did receive some big league contract offers over the weekend, but I feel obligated to say that all of the remaining offers - major and minor league ones - are from a handful of teams. That means that 20-plus teams have no offers out there. That’s perfectly fine if you are planning on using your prospect draft picks to fill out the 26-man roster ... but if that’s not your plan and your roster isn’t otherwise full, you should send in some offers as soon as possible.

andrew342678

Sorry Pearl, this item's not on the MENU!
Oct 25, 2003
Do we have 24 hours to get offers in or what?

Edit: nevermind saw where they lock on the 13th

Last edited:

rocknrollsisyphus

★ MOD
Feb 9, 2011

Hello folks.

@NBAman619 and I have been exceedingly busy this week, so we’re pushing the roster lock date until 5/20 and the lineup/depth chart deadline to 5/25. We want to make sure that we’re processing signings and giving teams a chance to adjust their game plans (if necessary). Thank you for your patience.

rocknrollsisyphus

★ MOD
Feb 9, 2011
Trade incoming:

Cincinnati trades:
OF Manuel Margot
1B/3B prospect Spencer Torkelson
IF/OF prospect Austin Martin
P prospect Reid Detmers

Cleveland trades:
OF Luis Robert
RP Dan Altavila

And that trade is approved.

NBAman619

Draymod Green
Oct 3, 2005
It’s time. Yes, for real!

PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY.

Important Deadlines:

June 3rd, 8:00 p.m. EST: 26 man rosters are due
June 6th, 8:00 p.m. EST: Lineups, depth chart, starting rotation and defensive adjustments are due.

See below for guides…

26 Man Active Roster Submission (Due June 3rd, 8:00 p.m. EST)
This is pretty simple. In a PM, just let us know the 26 players you would like on your active roster. We’ll make the changes on the spreadsheet accordingly. This is your one free pass for service time, so if you demote a player that’s currently on your active roster, we will not count it against their service time. 40 man roster submission will come at a later announced date.

Lineup Submission (Due June 6th, 8:00 p.m. EST)
We are requiring you to use this spreadsheet to submit your lineups, with one exception: screenshots directly from OOTP. Please make a copy of this spreadsheet (File > Make a Copy) and share the spreadsheet with ignmlb2020@gmail.com (please do this instead of sending me a link in PM, IGN embeds Google Drive links in a stupid way and this gives me access right away). Please name the file the same as your team.

In this spreadsheet, you will see three tabs at the bottom: one for batting, one for pitching and one for strategy. For any questions, first reference the OOTP manual. If you can’t find your answer, then send me a PM and I can help you.

If you wish to have the AI set your lineups, let me know and that can be arranged. If you do not submit a lineup, the AI depth chart will be used as the default, along with the default strategy settings.

I created drop down menus for each strategy setting. It’s not perfect, but it’s easier than having a million options. If you want something highly specific in your settings, just let me know and we can work it out.

If you’d like to play with the use of opener roles, PM me separately.

Defensive Adjustments
We are allowing two players on your 26 man roster to fully learn any position. Consider this IGN-MLB Spring Training. All you need to do is send me a PM that designates two players to fully learn any position on the diamond. Just pick the two players and the desired position, and I’ll change their experience ratings to the highest setting at that position.

THIS DOES NOT MEAN THEY WILL BE A MAX RATED FIELDER. Their defensive ratings at any position will depend on their underlying fielding ratings. So while Fernando Tatis should transition to third base easily, Pete Alonso will be an awful center fielder. Please reference this handy website to see what their ratings might look like (this website is not a guarantee of their final ratings, so don’t get mad at me if their ratings are different in the file).

We will allow one more defensive adjustment after the trade deadline.

That’s it for now. Let us know if you have any questions.

legends4111

I can't think of anything clever to write for this
Oct 24, 2004
@NBAman619 how does dual position eligibility work? do I need to edit a player be a SS/3B or will the game just be able to play one of my shortstops at 3B when Chapman needs an offday?