MrMVP91

Say My Name
Feb 10, 2009
I'm gonna start offering 50 year multi-billion dollar deals.

STL's LeMahieu offer was unreasonable. NYY jumped 1yr/75million from the guidance and closed w/ that. Come on.
What? I didn't jump $75M

Zeratul65

Star
May 9, 2003
Players acquired during the season will have salary counted against your cap on a pro-rated basis, correct?

rocknrollsisyphus

We all go a little mod sometimes.
★ MOD
Feb 9, 2011
Players acquired during the season will have salary counted against your cap on a pro-rated basis, correct?
I’m not sure at this point in time. That’s not what we did before, and that’s not how it has been handled in IGNBA. We’ll have a concrete answer before the season starts, though.

rocknrollsisyphus

★ MOD
Feb 9, 2011

Good day, folks. A few quick reminders/notes:
  • A player must have thrown 0.1 IP or had 1 PA in the majors prior to 2021 to be eligible for free agency. Players that have not debuted yet will be eligible in the future (likely in a draft, but possibly in a special FA period).
  • Please check the spreadsheet to ensure that players you’re offering contracts to weren’t drafted. We receive at least one offer a day for someone that was drafted.
  • Please withdraw any offers you’ve made that you no longer wish to pursue. This is an important one. If you made offers that were “I want X or Y, but not both,” and you got one, it’s on you to remind us.

rocknrollsisyphus

★ MOD
Feb 9, 2011
I thought players had to be signed to an MLB or MiLB contract to be eligible for us to sign?
As long as they are not retired or playing in another league, they are eligible. Osuna was holding showcases for teams as recently as last month, and probably would have signed already were it not for the fact that he (probably) needs Tommy John Surgery, but opted to rehab instead.

You asked a similar question previously: "Unless they won't be playing in MLB or MiLB this coming season, correct?"

And my answer was: "Yes, unless they’re retired or playing in another league."

I realize now that this might have been a somewhat confusing answer due to my inclusion of the word "yes." However, I previously posted this (emphasis added):

The restrictions are as follows:
  1. The player cannot have a contract with another professional league - e.g., the NPB or KBO.
  2. The player must not be retired.
  3. The player must be active (or trying to be active). Ideally, they will have played in 2019, unless there was an injury and they're slated to play in 2021.
  4. Signing a player is subject to said player being included in OOTP.
If a player is a FA when you sign them and they end up in another professional league, retiring, or not in the game, they will be removed from your roster, and you won't be responsible for their salary. Due to the fact that players are going to other leagues more often and retiring more abruptly, you should know that you are rolling the dice by depending on such a player. We don't anticipate players not being in the game being an issue, but it could happen.

I'm trying to make sure that everything is as above board as possible, so please let me know if there's anything else out there that seems vague/unclear.

Zeratul65

Star
May 9, 2003
I thought he was ineligible based on your "yes." There's a chance he doesn't play at all this year, so I thought he would be ineligible initially and become eligible should he sign a contract. I would have put an offer in earlier in the offseason if I thought he was allowed to be signed, but it's fine; no hard feelings.

tfghost92

No Longer a Noob
Aug 29, 2009
I thought he was ineligible based on your "yes." There's a chance he doesn't play at all this year, so I thought he would be ineligible initially and become eligible should he sign a contract. I would have put an offer in earlier in the offseason if I thought he was allowed to be signed, but it's fine; no hard feelings.
you can still put an offer in. the tweet did not narrow down any specific teams. just gave a blueprint for the offer you have to beat