SeymourDuncan17

Avoider of Natural Light
Aug 3, 2008
My computer desk
100th reply!!! :D

Also, people need to stop bitching about Ride the Lightning not being there. There are so many other awesome songs that Metallica has besides Blackened, Ride the Lightning, and And Justice For All and the majority of their best songs are on here of course there maybe no Bleeding Me, The House That Jack Built (my favorite song from them), Phantom Lord, Eye of the Beholder, or Leper Messiah but the whole setlist is full of pure WIN!

Oct 14, 2008
Yeah man 49 decent tracks, compared to most GH games wheres there's like 20 good ones, and the rest are crap (at least to me)I'm shocked at the lack of avenged sevenfold and trivium

Theo93

Noob
Jun 21, 2007
I wonder if they have changed "One" at all or if they're going to just put the note chart they used for guitar hero 3...

Gr8t3r

Noob
Jan 8, 2008
No Whiskey in the Jar ?!?
I know that its a cover version, but its a great song : D
hope they give it as a DLC : )))))

Xenopherus

Noob
Mar 5, 2004
I agree, Whiskey in the jar is one of my favorite covers they did and would've been nice it it was included. But I'm most stoked about the Merciful Fate medley. I can't get enough of that song! It also would've been awesome if they'd included the Green Hell cover, as well as So What.

juliank123

Noob
Feb 22, 2009
WHAT????????!?!?!?!
why do they have the super gay version of turn the page and not the ultra rockin version.

they have some really good metallica songs on here but not the best.
only 1 song from death magnetic. i am thoroughly dissapointed. im sure this game will be ultra amazing anyways :/

Jul 11, 2008
first dlc pack:

Harvester Of Sorrow
Whiskey In The Jar
St. Anger (I don't care, I like this song)

As for Slayer:
Raining Blood
Angel Of Death
God Send Death
Here Comes The Pain

fm20000

Noob
Jul 12, 2008
The_Big_Nast said:
first dlc pack:

Harvester Of Sorrow
Whiskey In The Jar
St. Anger (I don't care, I like this song)

As for Slayer:
Raining Blood
Angel Of Death
God Send Death
Here Comes The Pain
Angel of Death was supposed to be in the game but they had to take it out because of the lyrics. If they would have left it in the game might have gotten an M rating which IMO they should have just done. Then they could have left cursing in the songs.

Feb 23, 2009
looks like a good setlist, not much from loads & st anger so thats good. obviously i think everybody would like just the entire first 3-4 albums in the game, i suppose they want to keep certain things for dlc. im suprised they dont have the day that never comes on there also since thats the first single from the new cd, and i really like that song. i think it woulda been cool to have metallica's covers along with the 4 or 5 original bands songs in the 'other artists' category, since anybody buying this game im sure knows the metallica version better than all except the bob seger original. i definitely like am i evil & stone cold crazy a lot better in metallica's version.

the other artist songs i think are pretty good since its a metallica game, i would personally like some death metal & power metal songs in there but that doesnt fit in with a metallica game. i would love to see a guitar hero game with opeth, sonata arctica, dark tranquillity, falconer, dark moor, children of bodom, timeless miracle, dimmu borgir & lots more in it. i dont suppose thatll ever happen until someone makes a game where u can import any cd u want into the game.

Feb 23, 2009
its not letting me edit my post, i wanted to say i think they shoulda had like 10+ more metallica songs in the game, i mean theres barely more metallica songs in the game than 'other artists'. i wonder if theres anymore metallica songs as bonus songs or unlockable songs or if thats the whole list.

i read a preview in the new psm magazine and i think its funny cause they say somethin like "everybody knows lars is an insane drummer so be prepared for tough drumming" or something like that, whereas anybody who knows metal knows that the main criticism of metallica's musicianship throughout the years is that lars is a weak drummer, for metal i mean.

my friend loves to play the drums in rock band, but he hates any music remotely 'heavy' so he wont be getting this im sure. what an idiot ;)

Feb 23, 2009
because with my original screenname i signed up so long ago i dont even know what email address i used for this site & i couldnt remember my password so i just created a new i.d. i think with my old sn i had a few hundred posts/replies.

Jun 30, 2008
inopethflames said:
because with my original screenname i signed up so long ago i dont even know what email address i used for this site & i couldnt remember my password so i just created a new i.d. i think with my old sn i had a few hundred posts/replies.

Well of course there are given exceptions like you, but for the most part 90% of the last page of posts have been people with under 100 post counts. Unless of course 50% of them are alts, which is also probably true

djicebling

Noob
Aug 22, 2007
awesome b-day gift! the entire setlist. but kinda sad there's no my friend of misery, and motorbreath...other than that i'm stoked! can't wait to plug this in my amp and rock out!

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
I personally feel Metallica made 'whiskey in the jar' the song it is today =)
Lol, although i perfer thin lizzys version....Anyhow :) yeah it should be on i agree with krashgt1

HASH_NINJA

Almost Not a Noob
Feb 5, 2008
I'd love to see all of these Slayer songs in GH: M.

Dittohead
Postmortem + Raining Blood (I know they already did that one in GH3 but they need to 2 songs together like it's meant to be listened to!)
Piece by Piece
Hell Awaits
Chemical Warfare
Live Undead
Flesh Storm
Cult

I just think they need to brach out to some more brutal metal to be honest... they have these mainstream so called "metal" bands like Bullet For My Valentine and sh*t like that... but they should brach out and make some songs for The Red Chord, The Black Dahlia Murder, Jobforacowboy, Cephalic Carnage, Cannibal Corpse, Six Feet Under... etc. etc... oh yeah and some more All Shall Perish.

Jan 27, 2009
Cannot wait...this game is gunna be f$%*!n class:D

But seriously...
i NEED:

Damage Inc.
St Anger.
+ALL of Death Magnetic...it's the best damn album i've heard in a long time!!!

Apr 15, 2002
I have to admit that I am extremely disappointed that Whiskey in the Jarrrrrrrr-o isn't on here cuz I was really looking forward to blasting that one...but otherwise I do love the set list otherwise.

This is gonna kick a$$!!!!!

Dec 5, 2008
This is a good list, but not a great one. Metallica has so many good songs, they need to have all them on the game. But i can't believe this to be totally true since the slogan for the game is "Ride the Lightning" and the song isn't even on the game. And yes i agtree HASH_NINJA a lot of that stuff would be extremely fun to play, and Greyson by All Shall Perish is just sexy.

hypn0t1c

Noob
Mar 11, 2001
Overall, very awesome set list, at least as far as the Metallica songs are concerned. My only complaint is the lack of my favorite Metallica song, Harvestor of Sorrow, from ...And Justice.

May 12, 2007
I guess I am a bit late to the show, but I am disappointed that "To Live is to Die" isn't on the list. Yeah, it is mostly instrumental, but it's amazing. Hell, Orion is purely instrumental and it made it. If they were going to have a totally lyricless song, I would have opted for Anastesia instead.

fss205

Noob
Jan 14, 2011
Hey guys, stop complaining about the songs that didn't make it. Metallica has 100+ songs. you can't expect for all of them to be on the game, my favourite isn't there either, but these ones are great.
(sry for english - Brazil here)