Bot-IGN

<marquee> Crush... Kill... Post Articles... </marq
Mar 28, 2001
Article Comments for [link=http://ps3.ign.com/articles/948/948221p1.html]Full Guitar Hero: Metallica Setlist Revealed[/link]
by Chris Roper

Summary:
The complete tracklist for the upcoming Guitar Hero: Metallica has been revealed, not by Activision or Neversoft, but rather the band itself via its <a href="http://metallica.com/index.asp?item=601837"><B>official site</B></a>. The full song list is as follows: [link=http://ps3.ign.com/articles/948/948221p1.html]Read Full Article[/link]

brnbasler

No Longer a Noob
Oct 16, 2006
Blood and Thunder was the first song I learned to play by ear. It is awesome that it is going to be in a game.

DeadRocky

Noob
Oct 4, 2007
Well all my fav Metallisongs are there exept for Damage inc. that whould have been awesome. And the other artists track list looks awesome too, im not a guitarhero or rockband fan but im definetly buying this one!

Jun 11, 2007
Wow, there's actually a lot of good Metallica songs on there. It's mostly stuff from the first three albums.

Some of the other artists featured are pretty awesome, too. I'm glad to see Alice in Chains up there, though I'm not sure why they chose "Black River" to represent The Sword. It's awesome that they're even included, but that's just not the song I would have picked.

Also, I have to say that I never thought I would see Kyuss in a video game. I can die happy now.

madness777

Noob
Jun 10, 2008
Damn, I was hoping for eye of the beholder. Sucks that that song aint in this game. Im actually kinda excited for this, and I hate GHWT. I wish this was Rock Band: Metallica

Jan 8, 2006
Did Metallica get to pick the other artist and songs? It certainly looks like a favorites of Metallica playlist, which is cool. And the Metallica songs represented do the band justice (though not enough...And Justice For All)

I'll probably buy this even though I've never played GH or Rock Band.

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
WHERE'S RIDE THE LIGHTNING?!?!
NOOOO... y-y
the pre-view is misleading, now I'll never Ride the Lightning

metank25

Noob
Sep 5, 2008
Orion!!!!!! That could be the only Metallica song on this and I'd buy it. No Leaf Clover and The Memory Remains, also? Albatross by COC? I'm totally sold. I was hoping for St. Anger, though. I love how dirty that song sounds.

Dec 16, 2007
I'm a little disappointed that Damage Inc. and The Four Horsemen didn't make the cut but Dyers Eve, Orion, and Master definitely make up for it.

copp62

Noob
Nov 7, 2008
wow this is going to be one hell of a game but i hope it has better reeviews then world tour but either way i'll still buy it. LET THE METAL GODS LIVE ON!!!

Jul 2, 2008
what they need is acdc guitar hero or rockband. With all their songs not just live versions of their classic songs

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
Master of puppets did it for me. as well as just the fact this is a game mostly dedicated to Metallica.

fm20000

Noob
Jul 12, 2008
GH metallica> every other music game ever. Im going to be playing this game for the rest of my life. lol

K

kokumaker

Original poster
"Get ready to ride the lightning," says the article's tagline, yet there is no "Ride the Lightning" in this setlist. Not that this isn't a pretty great list of music, but I could've done without most of the newer Metallica tracks and the "other artists" to get more stuff from the early days of "Kill 'Em All" and "Lightning."

So it goes.

m0rph3us17

Noob
Jan 22, 2009
This is going to be great. Foo Fighters' "Stacked Actors" is a bit of an unexpected gem too. Ktulu and Damage Inc. would've been good. But overall I can't complain... it's a sweet tracklist.

Unbornfan

Prime Member
Nov 24, 2007
Everything i wanted and more is in this setlist. all i wanted was Fade To Black, Sanitarium, Creeping Death, Seek and Destroy, and Orion. And thats what I got. But wut the fuck is up with Frantic. That song sux. They shood have just steered clear of St. Anger. That album was like Metallica passing a kidney stone.

Bassicly

Noob
Apr 4, 2008
Cant have picked a more perfect setlist from my favorite band, and the songs from the other artists are all great too. As a bassist though I would have liked to have seen Anesthesia in the setlist as bass generally gets the bum deal in music/rythym games.
Haha and I was king of hoping for "So What" by anti-nowhere league (or metallicas cover), that would have been fun as to sing, screw censorship.

Jul 22, 2002
Damnit.. the only song that they don't seem to have is
Whiskey in a Jar. That song is awesome.. its to bad they didn't put it on this game.

SeymourDuncan17

Avoider of Natural Light
Aug 3, 2008
My computer desk
Unbornfan said:
Everything i wanted and more is in this setlist. all i wanted was Fade To Black, Sanitarium, Creeping Death, Seek and Destroy, and Orion. And thats what I got. But wut the fuck is up with Frantic. That song sux. They shood have just steered clear of St. Anger. That album was like Metallica passing a kidney stone.

Your grammar sucks.

Light_Wolf

Almost Not a Noob
Nov 28, 2004
OMG, I might buy this. I always pass on peripheral-based games since they're so damn expensive, but this one seems awesome. I hope the reviews are horrible, I don't want to want to buy this (lol, not really).

Oh, and Whiskey in the Jar is awesome, but it's a cover.

Sabu_is_Hardcore

Almost Not a Noob
Sep 4, 2006
I'm wondering if on The Memory Remains if the will have Marianne Faithfull's chanting part or just have the crowd while your playing that eerie part on guitar. I'm hoping for the latter.

Also for Ride the Lightning, the Four Horsemen etc. I think they may be holding out so they will have some DLC that they will have us pay for later. Which makes since from a business expense and especially since its Metallica.

I would wish that Anesthesia(Pulling Teeth) was in there though. Same with Early character models from the 80's with Cliff and in the 90s with Jason

Sabu_is_Hardcore

Almost Not a Noob
Sep 4, 2006
they should of added trivium they are
a big influence on metallica they covered some metallica songs

Wouldn't it be Metallica was a big influence on Trivium? Ahhh who cares

potman616

Noob
Aug 2, 2008
all the songs are great but there is only one that i wanted to see more than anything and deserves to be on here most.

ECSTACY OF GOOOOLD!!!!!!!!!

Don_Frosto

Noob
Sep 26, 2005
can't wait!!! My Friend of Misery would've been nice..killer bass riff on that one..oh well..still buying it anyway..METALLICA!!!!

dan2314

Noob
Apr 2, 2008
ride the lightning, outlaw torn, minus human have been forgotten?? they are all too epic to have been left out...