Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 16, 2010
I'm going to start a pool, as to which movie suck more.
This or Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.
While the cast of Uncharted looks to be a bit better, I still say Uncharted will be a laughing stock of a movie, although people who never played the game may like it, fairly confident it will suck from a gamers view in every way.
However X-men Origins wolverine, could be one of the worst comic book movies ever. It's between this and Blood Raine for me.
A movie that bad, certainly has a chance to produce something as bad or worse in the second film.
However there is still a chance, that a director could change things around, where as Uncharted or should I say Retarded, is already on the path of doom with a idiot director and horrible script.

Latnok

Almost Not a Noob
Sep 20, 2008
Expected something like this though I wanted to see how his vision of wolverine turned out. Oh well.

Jul 20, 2008
Uncharted has a brilliant director at the helm and an academy award nominated actor in the lead, so if everyone could stop bitching or at least watch the fighter and three kings before bitching, that would be wonderful. More on topic, it really blows that Darren won't be on this and I think his personal decision is fine, but I feel that he might be a little averse to becoming part of the big studio machine with such a blockbuster movie, even if it would give him more free reign if successful. Anyways, if they can get a good director, then I'll be excited, but for right now, I'm just bummed.

WhateverYouSayFool

Almost Not a Noob
Jan 25, 2009
TheLostJedi79 said:
I'm going to start a pool, as to which movie suck more.
This or Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.
While the cast of Uncharted looks to be a bit better, I still say Uncharted will be a laughing stock of a movie, although people who never played the game may like it, fairly confident it will suck from a gamers view in every way.
However X-men Origins wolverine, could be one of the worst comic book movies ever. It's between this and Blood Raine for me.
A movie that bad, certainly has a chance to produce something as bad or worse in the second film.
However there is still a chance, that a director could change things around, where as Uncharted or should I say Retarded, is already on the path of doom with a idiot director and horrible script.

You're an idiot. It's way too early to tell how either is gonna go. Even with the two previous X-men related films being bombs. Uncharted still can be an awesome even if it's not like the game. IF... There isn't even a script out yet. Just a bunch of talk.

And really...you got Retarded from Uncharted? Looks like the only one who is retarded is you.

Finnman1983

Almost Not a Noob
Jun 9, 2006
Did anyone see the last Wolverine? This project needs to stop and reboot, not continue with different directors. I like Jackman and I didn't hate him in the x-men movies, but he's not Wolverine. Not REALLY. Whats sad is that there is a second one in the works :(

Jun 16, 2009
I just want to say that Darren Aronofsky is one of the most intelligent and most talented directors ever. All of his film are genius and thoughtful works of art. The Fountain is one of the most thought provoking and emotional films ever, I have too many good things to say about Black Swan, The Wrestler is an amazing character study, Pi is just awesome, and Requiem For a Dream is the definitive film on drug addiction

geist452

Noob
Oct 22, 2010
he obviously wasn't right for it if he just gave it up like that, i'm sure the studio would have been able to work something out to keep him if he wanted it..... a condo for the wife and a tutor for kids isn't gunna break that budget . The Fountain sucked others get A+'s

naru-joe93

Noob
Jun 9, 2008
He trys to hard too hard to be surreal like lynch and witty like kubrick, and fails miserably (except with the wrestler). Arthouse is dead

JaDangerX

Noob
Jun 16, 2010
Marky Mark can be a great actor. His performance in The Departed stole the spotlight. But I can't see him as the lead for Uncharted. He gives off an angry vibe most of the time that really would throw off the necessary IndianaJones-esque wit and charm.
Also I was hoping for a more competent director ala Aranofsky for this Wolverine... Hopefully it doesn't get passed to some lame Director for Hire.

jaredisaacs

Prime Member
Oct 7, 2008
He was the only thing going for this film. If they don't find a decent replacement they might as well not bother...

Oct 30, 2009
shut it down! Maybe he would be interested in Dr. Strange, if he still feels like dabbling in the super hero genre??? I think that would be awesome! Otherwise, he should just stick to creating original visions.

RobGrizzly

Almost Not a Noob
Feb 14, 2008
LOL! Awesome. I still don't want this movie getting made. I don't care if Spielberg himself was directing, I am just damn tired of Wolver-f*cking-rine.

Aug 31, 2010
since the japan is near meltdown can we see some omega red??? Wasnt he part of some nuke reactor stpryline???? I think i seen it in the cartoon...

ZBaksh386

Noob
Mar 24, 2010
Damn
i wonder who they gonna get next to do it.
I understood why he backed out tho.
I just hope it works out.

Limecayman

Noob
Jun 15, 2010
Sad to see Aronofsky off the project, very happy that Fox just took one in the nuts. They need to hand the rights back over to Marvel.

Jun 2, 2010
This is no blow whatsoever. The first movie was just horrible, worst that the xmen trilogy (which was damn pathetic). Hugh Jackman doesnt make a convincing Wolveruine. He is too melo a character. They need to end this ASAP

Balliard

Noob
Mar 2, 2010
You know who is to blame? Rachel Weisz she is trying to get the custody of their son and aronofsky needs to stay here until they find a solution

stanley80

Noob
Jul 28, 2010
there it goes the only person who was gonna save this movie...How about if we all kill rachel weiz javascript:WebForm_DoPostBackWithOptions(new%20WebForm_PostBackOptions("ctl00$cphCenterColumn$ccAddButtons$btnPreview",%20"",%20true,%20"",%20"",%20false,%20true))he?

Ruiner720

Almost Not a Noob
Aug 29, 2008
As great as many of Aronofsky's films are I really have to question if he who is a shining example of "less is more" would have been able to wrestle the freedom he would have needed to make it work. These days the bigger the budget the less control the Director is granted. His creativity, and cantankerous nature is what made films like "Pi", "Requiem for a Dream", and "The Wrestler" certifiable classics.

uyfytfyt6

Noob
Mar 17, 2011
welcome to -------== http://www.vipshopper.us ==-----
comes love shopping friend- ---- ----Welcome to my web

50%off ca,ed hardy t-shirt$15 jeans,coach handbag$33,air

max90,dunk,polo t-shirt$13,,lacoste t-shirt $13 air jordan for

sale,$35,nfl nba jersy for sale (paypal accept)

( http://www.vipshopper.us ) ------?
free shipping

accept paypal credit card

lower price fast shippment with higher quality

BEST QUALITY GUARANTEE!!

SAFTY & HONESTY GUARANTEE!!

FAST & PROMPT DELIVERY GUARANTEE!!

( http://www.vipshopper.us )

fdbghcjh

Noob
Mar 17, 2011
w w w.s o a o l.c o m

Polo tshirt $12
Air jordan(1-24)shoes $33
Nike shox(R4,NZ,OZ,TL1,TL2,TL3) $35
Handbags(lv fendi d&g) $35
Tshirts (ed hardy,lacoste) $16

AF tshirt $25
Jean(True Religion,VERSACE,coogi) $30

w w w.s o a o l .c o m

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
Good for him, I'd hate for his name to be attached to a movie that sucks. Although, he could have made it half decent. It probably wouldn't be his style either.

Jay-1986

Noob
Dec 17, 2010
officially very worried about this movie... Gavin Hood destroyed the first and I was excited that Aronofsky was directing this one...

d1sciple

Almost Not a Noob
Sep 28, 2010
ooh, have to say i'm stoked. anyone else see that zen shit he made with jackman and his wife? reaaaaaaaal shit. would it of been the best ever? better than sin city? or 300? or old boy? i dunno, comic movies are gauranteed 99% bollox, fuck knows why, usually there's decades of source material, they don't have to think!

suprkong

Almost Not a Noob
Dec 11, 2009
No way! He's off the movie? I was totally excited about him doing this.

I have to respect his reasons tho.

p_express

Noob
Jul 4, 2009
what a bitch!! That's what making movies is about-going away for a year anywhere in the world. I just don't get him, this was his chance to do a high budget blockbuster, but noo he can't leave his family or whatever and he'll probably do another shaky cam biopic about the conflicted daughter of a wrestler and a ballerina. Da fuck! Oh, and I hated Black Swan, but loved that zen shit...it was called the Fountain, and I think it's his best film.

DementedAvenger27

Almost Not a Noob
Oct 20, 2009
yea its so easy to give somebody shit for this isn't. you guys are pathetic. you know maybe he has a sick child or something, we don't know the full story. grow up.

in any event, this DID just make the movie officially suck. if they don't get a good director, which im sure they won't, we're gonna have another dead pool laser shooting adamantium bullet suckfest like last time

KYLE12688

Noob
Mar 31, 2008
the reason he left is no becuz of his family its over control of the movie Fox didnt want to give him 100% control so they try to pay him more money and he said no

televised-god

Almost Not a Noob
Apr 23, 2009
Come on people, it's Darren Aronofsky, if he doesn't think that it's a good idea for him to do the film, it's not. The man knows his stuff, look at all of his films, they are all so wonderful and has his own unique feel to them, not many directors can say that.

aktirak

Noob
Mar 16, 2009
well considering Aronofsky directing was the only reason i was interested in this film I will pass now. After the crap fest of the first wolvie movie this one has little promise.

Status
Not open for further replies.