Status
Not open for further replies.

Bot-IGN

<marquee> Crush... Kill... Post Articles... </marq
Mar 28, 2001
Article Comments for [link=http://movies.ign.com/articles/115/1156216p1.html]Darren Aronofsky Off Wolverine[/link]
by Scott Collura

Summary:
This is a real blow for the comic-book movie genre. It looks like Black Swan director Darren Aronofsky won't be helming the Wolverine sequel after all. [link=http://movies.ign.com/articles/115/1156216p1.html]Read Full Article[/link]

feefernet

Noob
Aug 21, 2010
ok, so the sequel is back to looking hopeless again. well, everthings back to normal in the world...

crazydiamond75

Prime Member
Oct 29, 2009
That would suck, though, being away from his family for almost a year. I'm bummed, I was really looking forward to this. Hopefully they find somebody good to step in.

APunker

Noob
Mar 5, 2009
It would have been great to see Aronofsky joined the super-hero genre master directors Nolan, Snyder and Singer.

May 24, 2010
I'm glad he left. I really can't see him doing a strong action movie. Plus, Black Swan was very overrated, I couldn't sit through it.

That's not to say anyone can save this movie now, though.

Chaos-Gambit

Almost Not a Noob
Nov 11, 2000
That sucks. I was really hoping to see his take on Wolverine. Now the movie is probably going to end up back in the hands of Gavin Hood. :(

Teslascope

Noob
Jan 8, 2011
I mean, theoretically, they could get someone just as, or more, talented to take the reigns. I mean maybe the Coens are looking to do a superhero movie. Huh? Maybe... No? Okay.

Dec 15, 2009
This is awesome news. Darren Aronofsky is a pretentious hack job of a director that for some reason gets tons of undeserved credit. "Requiem For a Dream" was easily one of the worst movies I've ever had the misfortune of watching. I would've gotten more out of a title card that said "Drugs are bad, m'kay." than that 2 hour waste of film.

Jun 16, 2009
@SuperBaggles1 You're so stupid. Requiem For a Dream is one of the greatest movies ever. Its incredibly well written, edited, acted, and shot. You don't understand film

Jun 16, 2009
@SuperBaggles1 You're so stupid. Requiem For a Dream is one of the greatest movies ever. Its incredibly well written, edited, acted, and shot. You don't understand film

jaysin420

Noob
Oct 21, 2008
Oh no we lost Aronofsky! The world is going to end!

The guy made one great movie and the only reason it was great was because Rourke killed it.

And if you're a man and have seen Black Swan, you're a *** so just move on.

Grumpy_Bob

Noob
Feb 3, 2011
Whoever didn't see this coming the day after the initial announcement was fooling themselves. This reeked of Tim Burton Superman debacle the whole time

Dec 15, 2009
@Azog: I understand film perfectly. And I understand that "Requiem" was a horrible movie. Why it got all the praise it did is far beyond me. All this "You don't understand it" BS is the most useless argument. I can understand a movie and still not like it. Shocking, I know that this is possible. "Step Brothers" is pretty damn easy to understand but it is still a frigging awful movie.

Grumpy_Bob

Noob
Feb 3, 2011
@jayson420 HAHAHAHAHAHA, Tool. Comment boards are for people like you who feel that the dumb BS that comes out of your mouth needs to be heard. Too bad they don't have idiot filters.

Oh and if 2 Mila Kunis/Natalie Portman hot lesbian scenes are gay, than I'm 100% ****.

Jun 16, 2009
@jaysin42 You're an idiot. You have no idea why Black Swan was such an amazing movie. You assume that since the movie was about a dancer than its for girls but you're dead wrong. You're judgmental and an asshole. And you don't know shit about movies.

And there was an awesome lesbian scene in it you dumbass

Jul 29, 2010
jaysin420 thinks Transformers 2 is the greatest movie ever made and Nick Cage deserves to win awards even when he has no films out.

Also, you're a fucking embarrassment to pot smokers everywhere. Grow the fuck up.

Dec 4, 2006
"Oh and if 2 Mila Kunis/Natalie Portman hot lesbian scenes are gay, than I'm 100% ****."

Technically the scene was 'gay', so you may very well be calling yourself a ****.

BTW that scene was awesome.

sin151

Noob
Dec 5, 2006
@jaysin420

Uhh just because you aren't smart enough like 90% of america to understand his films doesn't mean he has only done 1 good movie, you complete douchebag. He has directed Pi, Requiem for a Dream, The Fountain, The Wrestler, and Black Swan. He is probably the most intelligent director out there at this point.

He makes movies for people who like to think, I understand this may be hard for you to comprehend with your pea size brain, but people like to be shocked and awe'd by emotion and story not just SFX and mind blowing action.

Also, Black Swan was the best movie to come out last year so you can just shove your head up your ass and stop pretending like you have any taste whatsoever.

fsu_csu

Noob
May 16, 2008
Doesn't surprise me, he seems like the new Matthew Vaughn. Anyways, as long as they keep it as originally planned then the movie should be fine. So fan boys stop your crying trust in Hugh Jackman and all will be well.

sin151

Noob
Dec 5, 2006
Yeah, but you have to give it to him for not wanting to be apart from his family that long.. I am disappointed but at the same time I completely understand his reasoning. Hopefully they will still get Clint Mansell to do the score.

Dec 15, 2009
@sin151: You're joking when you say he's the most intelligent director out there, right? Because that had me rolling on the floor. "The Fountain" was the ONLY movie of his that has any worth. And that has more to do with Hugh Jackman's awe inspiring performance than it does with Aronofsky. He makes movies for gullible idiots who think a needlessly overwrought plot about simple concepts is deep and complicated.

David Fincher's movies are easily more intelligent. So are Christopher Nolan's. And the Coen Brothers'.

DarthBotto

Noob
Aug 16, 2007
I overall like the X-Men films, but the last two developed have not sat well with me. Aronofsky was the one good thing to keep this from completely nuking the fridge, although I must admit that even then I wasn't very hopeful.

pplhatr1

Noob
May 3, 2009
You telling me that the man directing the to-be uber profitable Wolverine movie can't afford to have his family with him for filming?

Somethin' stinks.

sin151

Noob
Dec 5, 2006
@SuperBaggles

He has a genius IQ and he sits down with the screenwriters and makes changes and sits up with the actors and goes over every part in extreme detail, that and his camera work with how he captures screens at the perfect angles make his work complete different from everyone elses.

I agree Fincher, Nolan, and Coen's are all amazing but they do not possess the sheer intelligence that Aronofsky does and it shows in his movies, please rewatch Requiem and Pi you will see what I mean.

Psycott07

Noob
Dec 1, 2010
Crap,that blows. I was actually really excited about this film, but with the travesty in Japan, you have to wonder just how much of production for the film has changed

Dec 15, 2009
@sin151: How do you know he has a genius IQ? You a personal friend of his?

I have yet to see a modern director better at capturing perfect angles than Quentin Tarantino, David Fincher, and Guy Ritchie. Matthew Vaughan, who is (was?) a friend of Ritchie's has some pretty sharp skills when it comes to that.

I don't have to rewatch movies that I don't already like to discover that I still don't like them.

Status
Not open for further replies.