AvocadoGenesis

I'm a G...CB President
Dec 17, 2002
Just saw that Edan is opening for DJ Shadow, but tickets are like $50. Little rich for my blood.

Sep 20 - Evian Christ + Sophie
Sep 21 - Andy Stott, Millie & Andrea, Demdike Stare

haven't gone to many shows recently but that's going to be killer back to back nights

the best show that never happened for me was edan opening for prefuse. it got cancelled like a month before :_(

garbarator

Super Star
Aug 26, 2007
Grimes played a new song at FYF tonight. Sounded great, and not like Go, which i've grown to like but i didnt want a whole album of that.

NBAman619

Draymod Green
Oct 3, 2005
RTJ were good when I saw them, but if you really like Deafheaven, go see them

Tomtin

I lived on hazel st
Jun 11, 2001
really excited to see arcade fire tonight.

night 1 in brooklyn, they had buster poindexter as a guest. last night was one of the ramones. i wonder who will appear tonight. i am really hoping for bowie.

garbarator

Super Star
Aug 26, 2007
So i didn't go to Fuck You Fest today. It was a fucking nightmare.

There were marathon walks between each stage and a lot of areas with bottle-necked crowds trying to get from place to place. They overcharged on water that was advertised at $2. They let the arena stage get over capacity, because they decided not to use the seating, and the floor only held like 3,000 people, so they forced everyone out and it apparently got hostile, and so then they only let people in through one entrance, making it even harder to get from stage to stage and also losing a lot of bathrooms. So I couldn't get in because it was at capacity. So i missed Todd Terje and Caribou. Glad that happened after Slint. They didn't sell water in there either which was retarded. The Lines to get in were hella long and didn't seem to actually go anywhere. and they only started letting people in 15 mins before the first act. Merch ran out in like 5 hours. I'm pretty sure the securities only focus was confiscating as much drugs and paraphernalia for their own consumption as they possibly could, as that is they only thing i saw them do with any deliberation all day and night, walking through the crowds at the stages. $9 for the worst pizza i've ever eaten. I could go on and on. Fucking sucked.

On the bright side, the sound was fantastic and the sets i did manage to catch were all really good to shit my pants amazing. Angel Olsen, Slint, Avey Tare's Slasher Flicks, Run The Jewels for a few songs, Slowdive, and Grimes.

I'm not sure that i got my money's worth but i definitely would have felt like i spent too much if i went again today. from gas to parking to food. and sore feet. fuck that shit.

Last edited:

NBAman619

Draymod Green
Oct 3, 2005
Yeah, I was reading the Coachella forums. Seemed like everybody had a logistical nightmare. Sucks for a lineup that's so good.

and @VinWizzy they definitely played a new song when I saw RTJ a couple weeks ago

garbarator

Super Star
Aug 26, 2007
Yeah, I was reading the Coachella forums. Seemed like everybody had a logistical nightmare. Sucks for a lineup that's so good.

and [URL='http://www.ign.com/boards/members/vinwizzy.3926503/']@VinWizzy[/URL] they definitely played a new song when I saw RTJ a couple weeks ago

Yeah i won't be going back next year. I think I'm just kind of done w/ festivals. I can't deal with all the extra bullshit anymore. I'm glad though that the one thing they got right is the sound on the stages. Probably the best sound I've heard at a festival to be honest. Such a shame they fucked everything else up.

NBAman619

Draymod Green
Oct 3, 2005

and [URL='http://www.ign.com/boards/members/vinwizzy.3926503/']@VinWizzy[/URL] they definitely played a new song when I saw RTJ a couple weeks ago

Yeah i won't be going back next year. I think I'm just kind of done w/ festivals. I can't deal with all the extra bullshit anymore. I'm glad though that the one thing they got right is the sound on the stages. Probably the best sound I've heard at a festival to be honest. Such a shame they fucked everything else up.

I'm pretty much in the same boat with festivals. Are you still going to Coachella?

garbarator

Super Star
Aug 26, 2007

I'm pretty much in the same boat with festivals. Are you still going to Coachella?

Hell no. You remember how i pretty much didn't even go into the fest on Saturday this year? I really just didn't even wanna be there that day. That might have had something to do with me being on shrooms also but i was just really not into it. Decided to get off my ass for Sunday so i didn't feel like i wasted all my money. I don't regret going though. Glad i saw the 'mats and nmh and other stuff. I figured at the time it was just Coachella i was fed up with, but now i realize it's festivals in general.

NBAman619

Draymod Green
Oct 3, 2005

Hell no. You remember how i pretty much didn't even go into the fest on Saturday this year? I really just didn't even wanna be there that day. That might have had something to do with me being on shrooms also but i was just really not into it. Decided to get off my ass for Sunday so i didn't feel like i wasted all my money. I don't regret going though. Glad i saw the 'mats and nmh and other stuff. I figured at the time it was just Coachella i was fed up with, but now i realize it's festivals in general.

lol yeah, did you see Darkside at FYF at least?

I'm glad I went to Coachella as a bucket list thing, but damn, I was really on edge with the people. Plus the heat really got to me. I threw up Saturday night because of the combination of dehydration and the dust.

I like Outside Lands because my sister lives in the city, so it's really easy to do. I like being in civilization. And the food and craft beer makes up for the annoying people. But other than that, I don't really like festivals that much anymore.

If I ever get rich, I might do Coachella gain just so I can do rich man's Coachella and stay at a condo or something. much anymore.

Sorry about FYF man, that's really unfortunate.

garbarator

Super Star
Aug 26, 2007

lol yeah, did you see Darkside at FYF at least?

I'm glad I went to Coachella as a bucket list thing, but damn, I was really on edge with the people. Plus the heat really got to me. I threw up Saturday night because of the combination of dehydration and the dust.

I like Outside Lands because my sister lives in the city, so it's really easy to do. I like being in civilization. And the food and craft beer makes up for the annoying people. But other than that, I don't really like festivals that much anymore.

If I ever get rich, I might do Coachella gain just so I can do rich man's Coachella and stay at a condo or something. much anymore.

Sorry about FYF man, that's really unfortunate.

Afraid not. Darkside played Sunday. But as far as I've heard i may not have even been able to get into the arena for his set so I'm not as bummed.

Coachella is pretty rough, i always got a cold the week after, like clockwork. I did 5 in a row. I'm super grateful for the experiences and i made a lot of friends and saw a lot of music. It's just fucking expensive, really. The getting rich and going idea sounds alright though. I liked outside lands when i went. That was really expensive too though.

I'm not completely pissed off about FYF. I got to see my top few acts for the weekend, and they were great, and now i know i don't want to go to festivals anymore. and i saved money by not going Sunday. So it's not all bad.

Wasn't able to be at fyf like I'd hoped. Sorry garbz

You probably made the right choice.

Mazurak

No Longer a Noob
Jan 20, 2002
Also interpol puts on a very boring show imo, make sure you're drunk at least. I'd see run the jewels instead if they play the same time. I'd also recommend four tet if it's possible.

Yeah! Saw them on their Antics tour.. aaand they sounded great but maybe were pretty static i think? was reeeeeally drunk tho so it was fun.

Tomtin

I lived on hazel st
Jun 11, 2001
i saw them in 07 and they were great.

i did see them at the garden, which is surprising i guess, but i thought it was really good.

Last edited:

AaronP1264

Star
Dec 23, 2002
i saw them in 2005 and it was one of my favorite concert experiences ever. had a pre-rolled blunt and was going to light it during their first song, but my friend thought i was passing it (not lighting it) and reached for it... knocking it out of my hand. i spent the next song and a half searching among everyones feet for my dropped blunt with my lighter. i found it. we smoked it. had a great time.

went over to TU to a yougn freshmans dorm room and didn't make any move whatsoever. guaranteed i coulda got my first tug job that night had i been more into the moment.

Tomtin

I lived on hazel st
Jun 11, 2001
saw gaslight anthem last night. always a good time. sellout shows at terminal 5 are incredibly uncomfortable though.

Tomtin

I lived on hazel st
Jun 11, 2001
my mom invited me to the mets game tonight, which is followed by a free concert by heart.

[face_worried]

Last edited:

Tomtin

I lived on hazel st
Jun 11, 2001
actually im checking out some of their live stuff on youtube and these girls can jam.

siQness

No Indie For Old Men
Sep 24, 2001
Not a fan of heart, but there is no doubt they put on a pretty good show, especially for their age

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tomtin

I lived on hazel st
Jun 11, 2001
nice.

i just bought tix to see marilyn manson with smashing pumpkins next week. last time i saw manson, he sucked...but ive never seen pumpkins, which were one of my fav bands in the 90s.

do i have to revoke my indie cred card now?

Last edited:

siQness

No Indie For Old Men
Sep 24, 2001
I'm sure I've brought this up before , but I have close friends that are close with Manson. They all got backstage passes and have multiple pictures on FB. I passed. The only Manson album I ever liked was Portrait. I saw them live as the "spooky kids" a number of times. And hung out with them several times before they were famous. They were always kind of assholes...even before they were on MTV.

siQness

No Indie For Old Men
Sep 24, 2001
I know I've talked about it before on here. It's been a while. The guitarist of Manson went to the same high school as me, and his younger brother is a good friend

Tomtin

I lived on hazel st
Jun 11, 2001
that's really cool. i would have loved to get backstage passes. especially back then.