Tomtin

I lived on hazel st
Jun 11, 2001
Although I think this small community is a bit diff. Many of us have been on here for many years and are friends on fb bc of it. I'm friends with siq, Aaron, Dom, konumsha, Garbs, laze, etc. I don't think you have anything to worry about but that's your prerogative.

MonkeysWithGuns

The Eccentric Meganekko
Feb 16, 2001
Well it's not here per se, but I post on the reg on a bunch of boards and some of them have their resident creepers. I run a Member Update thing on another IGN board so I gots to keep my profile open, so people can see where I hang out most of the time. Thankfully none have actively followed me here but it hasn't stopped them in the past. I guess it sounds prudish but I'd rather not take the risk. I did it once, many years ago, when I was young and dumb and wanted to be noticed and whatever, ultimately I regret it lol. Times have changed though, the internet is mostly more welcoming and slightly less creepy than it was back in 2001. Yeah I dunno, I generally keep my internet presence as separated from my physical presence as much as possible. I don't link anything to the social media stuff I use, and use dummy accounts where I can, though I'm sure I've cross contaminated them at some point. Generally I'm good about it though.

I have met up IRL with people I've only ever previously known on the internet though, but that was like after several years of knowing them, and mostly relegated to the people I used to game with when I had free time to indulge in that hobby... Now it's just work work work and school and living away from my home for the better part of each week, coming home exhausted eating, sleeping and doing it all over again.

Someone shoot me please.

CrAzY_A_69

Star
Mar 29, 2002
I didn't realize Monkeys was a girl. I thought we came to the conclusion that it was a sausage fest here.

NBAman619

Draymod Green
Oct 3, 2005
I'm friends with various IGN users on FB, including Garbs.

Garbs is the only one I've met IRL though.

Also I didn't know you were a girl either, Monkeys. *puts on pants*

AvocadoGenesis

I'm a G...CB President
Dec 17, 2002
I'm pretty sure MWG won't post her pic because she's actually 45. Don't let her fool you.

AvocadoGenesis

I'm a G...CB President
Dec 17, 2002
considering going to flying lotus cause i liked him a lot from 1983 to cosmogramma, but i dunno if his new album is gonna be good and tickets are like $35 oiieee

ValuedDude

No Longer a Noob
Jul 9, 2008
how would it work if i bought an fyf ticket off of stubhub? they just gonna send me the wristband or what

ValuedDude

No Longer a Noob
Jul 9, 2008
longtime lurker. i don't really think as hard about music as you guys do so i don't bother posting lol but i listen to most of the shit posted here.

Last edited:

siQness

No Indie For Old Men
Sep 24, 2001
Ty Segall is playing here for $12. Love his new album , but not sure if I want to make the drive. Anyone see him live?

NBAman619

Draymod Green
Oct 3, 2005
favorites from outside lands:

the killers (fuck da haters they put on a great show)
yeezus
jenny lewis
local natives
haim
disclosure
death cab for cutie
the brothers comatose (bluegrass band from SF)

Last edited:

ZacR

Almost Not a Noob
Apr 6, 2011
New Jersey
Ty Segall is playing here for $12. Love his new album , but not sure if I want to make the drive. Anyone see him live?

Holy shit, go to it man!

Also, I'd give hanging with all you peeps a shot if that were a possibility. I've already had a great experience seeing a swans show with knight. Awesome dude. I'm assuming the same about everyone else. I mean.., we have our arguments, but it's all good.

Last edited:

noles848

No Longer a Noob
Jul 25, 2009
So they canceled mountain oasis and now they canceled jabberwocky festival. I think I am a festival curse.

Nov 29, 2001
Very upset. A few friends and I we re going. Managed to persuade loads of them to pull the trigger, and now i look a bit stupid.

Reason: underselling of tickets. Not sure why not enough people were going. The lineup was stellar.

Sad times.

garbarator

Super Star
Aug 26, 2007

daweiatx

Noob
Mar 19, 2014
Clap Your Hands Say Yeah put on a pretty good show.

I got tickets to see Man Man in a few weeks but it's on a Tuesday night and I already have plans for that evening. Fuuuu.

I should really double check things before buying them.

NBAman619

Draymod Green
Oct 3, 2005
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408206689.888670.jpg

Second row, lol. They're were fucking amazing. And seeing the guitar work up that close was so cool.

Mazurak

No Longer a Noob
Jan 20, 2002
View attachment 174213

Second row, lol. They're were fucking amazing. And seeing the guitar work up that close was so cool.

Built To Spill?
I mean they sound good live but good god they have no energy. Super underwhelming. Have they improved? Thought there was a consensus of this.
..but yeah I mean they sound tight as hell.

NBAman619

Draymod Green
Oct 3, 2005
Nah not much energy, but I wasn't really expecting it either (I've never read about their live show)

GoBlue32

Super Star
Feb 21, 2004
Just saw that Edan is opening for DJ Shadow, but tickets are like $50. Little rich for my blood.

Sep 20 - Evian Christ + Sophie
Sep 21 - Andy Stott, Millie & Andrea, Demdike Stare

haven't gone to many shows recently but that's going to be killer back to back nights

MeeshPotato

No Longer a Noob
Apr 21, 2010
Just saw that Edan is opening for DJ Shadow, but tickets are like $50. Little rich for my blood.

Sep 20 - Evian Christ + Sophie
Sep 21 - Andy Stott, Millie & Andrea, Demdike Stare

haven't gone to many shows recently but that's going to be killer back to back nights

hmm. have you been to primary before?
i dont know if i can handle a nightclub like that, but i'd really like to see sophie

GoBlue32

Super Star
Feb 21, 2004
never been, but my gf went back when it was called debonair or something like that

they have decent shows there somewhat regularly so i would think the crowd would be bearable. some quick searching leads me to believe it wouldn't be too different from smartbar which is usually a totally fine crowd.

garbarator

Super Star
Aug 26, 2007
Going up 2 hang out with my friend in Pomona tonight then tomorrow & Sunday im going 2 FYF. So excited.

Saturday i plan 2 see Angel Olsen, Slint, Real Estate, Slasher Flicks, Slowdive, Caribou, Interpol, Grimes, & Ty Segall

Sunday I will see Pink Mountaintops, Mac Demarco, Presidents of the USA, Built to Spill, Darkside, John Talabot, and then i haven't decided between the Strokes or Deafheaven...what should i pick?

Jun 21, 2005
Going up 2 hang out with my friend in Pomona tonight then tomorrow & Sunday im going 2 FYF. So excited.

Saturday i plan 2 see Angel Olsen, Slint, Real Estate, Slasher Flicks, Slowdive, Caribou, Interpol, Grimes, & Ty Segall

Sunday I will see Pink Mountaintops, Mac Demarco, Presidents of the USA, Built to Spill, Darkside, John Talabot, and then i haven't decided between the Strokes or Deafheaven...what should i pick?
Deafheaven easily, strokes are good live but you probably won't have to deal with bros at Deafheaven + deafheaven puts on a spectacular show.

Jun 21, 2005
Also interpol puts on a very boring show imo, make sure you're drunk at least. I'd see run the jewels instead if they play the same time. I'd also recommend four tet if it's possible.

garbarator

Super Star
Aug 26, 2007
I was kind of leaning towards deafheaven anyways, which allows me to see all of john talabot and not miss any of them. plus I've already seen the strokes.

I could do four tet instead of interpol. I've seen both. I wasn't floored by either so idk. I was only planning to go to Interpol for like 15 mins anyway because i want to get a good spot for Grimes
Run The Jewels conflicts with Slowdive :(

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2005
I was kind of leaning towards deafheaven anyways, which allows me to see all of john talabot and not miss any of them. plus I've already seen the strokes.

I could do four tet instead of interpol. I've seen both. I wasn't floored by either so idk. I was only planning to go to Interpol for like 15 mins anyway because i want to get a good spot for Grimes
Run The Jewels conflicts with Slowdive :(
aw man, i'd go with slowdive then since RTJ will be touring again anyways