woy1509

Star
Jul 24, 2008
If he didn't have all the off-the-field baggage, then yeah. Rather trade the pick because we need help everywhere, plus Mettenberger played decent enough that he should get a full season of work.

I'll take Mariota if he drops to #2, though. However, if that situation were to happen, then Whisenhunt should be fired because his offense is not made for Mariota.

GhostOfBE

No Longer a Noob
Mar 2, 2012
Spurs right now to me look like the third best team in the league. Chelsea already starting to choke, they seem to do that a lot in the second half of the season. Either way Spurs played excellent today, Poch has done an incredible job

BlackCaesar-THSLA

Mr. Elway: S.O.S.
Oct 25, 2006
You truly are the master of kneejerk reactions. This one result does not make Tottenham the third best team in the league. They are nowhere near it. They drew with a poor United side last week, struggled with Burnley and Leicester and drew with Crystal Palace at the beginning of December. Pochettino has not done "an incredible job" because Spurs were always going to be challenging for the Europa League and that's exactly what they are doing. There was a point this season when people were talking about Pochettino being sacked and if he doesn't finish in a Champions League place, it's highly likely that he will be sacked as is Daniel Levy's MO. Spurs were excellent going forward today. They also conceded three goals. You aren't going to outscore everyone. Ask Liverpool how that doesn't work.

On Chelsea choking, that's ignorant as fuck but I expect it out of you. They lost away to a team who finished 6th last season and are currently in 5th. That's not choking. Did they perform as well as they can? Absolutely not. If they choked today then you are underestimating the amount of talent Tottenham's $200 million squad has which going by your quip about Pochettino, you obviously don't know how much talent they have in that team. Please point me to proof of them choking a lot in the second half of seasons? Last year when they were third with a very outside chance at winning the title and still finished third? That's not choking, buddy. They are still tied for first. City has a much more difficult second half of the season that Chelsea. They are still firm favorites for the title. Choking? I'm really starting to question your intelligence.

GhostOfBE

No Longer a Noob
Mar 2, 2012
I really don't think you realize I say this shit just to see you type up these messages lol you get so pissed :^O

BlackCaesar-THSLA

Oct 25, 2006
Sure, you do. You don't believe that yourself. I don't know why you think I actually get mad. This doesn't even register an emotion to me. You're not that important. Don't flatter yourself.

GhostOfBE

No Longer a Noob
Mar 2, 2012
Ohio State winning was so perfect hahah I love it. Alabama and SEC homers have been saying for years Ohio State couldn't hang with the SEC, that was beautiful

glenn65

Almost Not a Noob
Nov 2, 2009
I haven't heard anyone say Ohio State can't hang with the SEC. OSU is an SEC team that plays in the Big Ten. They have elite talent and speed at pretty much every position just like the SEC archetype. Same with Oregon, Florida State and how USC and Texas used to be.

Last edited:

glenn65

Almost Not a Noob
Nov 2, 2009
I live and always have lived in SEC country, so obviously I've been surrounded by an SEC bias but since most of y'all aren't from here I'm interested to know how you view the SEC. When most people try to run it down they seem to act like the SEC isn't good at all which I feel is a bit irresponsible. You don't win 7 straight national titles without being good as a conference, even if there is a bias. I will say that the SEC cares more than any other conference. I mean Auburn just dropped a metric ton of money on a defensive coordinator because winning is that important around here.

woy1509

Star
Jul 24, 2008
Bagwell, Biggio, Bonds, Clemends, Johnson, Pedro, McGwire, Piazza, Raines, Trammell.

Edgar, McGriff, Mussina, Schilling, Sheffield, Smoltz, Sosa, Walker should be in too, but [face_plain].

GhostOfBE

No Longer a Noob
Mar 2, 2012
My list of favorite sports:
1) NFL
2) a. Soccer
b. NBA
c. College Football
3) College Basketball
4) MLB

woy1509

Star
Jul 24, 2008
CBB
MLB
CFB
EPL/NHL

NFL
NBA (but my interest level in it has risen significantly over the past year)

Kap4334

No Longer a Noob
Jul 27, 2005
NFL
CFB
Lax
Postseason CBB
Playoff NHL
Soccer
Regular season CBB
Regular season NHL

NBA
MLB

Last edited:

DaaaaaBears

Super Star
May 30, 2006
Two things:

1.) Didn't know you were dating again, congrats.

and

2.) Does she have a twin? [face_whistling]

I just met her last week, so it's happening pretty fast, lol. No one is in the loop yet.

Recent text exchange:
"Don't make me choose between you and the Cubs"
"I mean, I'm successful more than once every 100 years..."

banderas-joel-lego.gif

Keeper.

Last edited:

woy1509

Star
Jul 24, 2008
Two things:

1.) Didn't know you were dating again, congrats.

and

2.) Does she have a twin? [face_whistling]

I just met her last week, so it's happening pretty fast, lol. No one is in the loop yet.

Recent text exchange:
"Don't make me choose between you and the Cubs"
"I mean, I'm successful more than once every 100 years..."

banderas-joel-lego.gif

Keeper.
I'd probably have the ring ready if I were in your shoes.

Kap4334

No Longer a Noob
Jul 27, 2005
Lost my keys today. Its got my car keys office keys, my house key, and my mail key.

Michigan hasn't been kind to me these past couple of months

DC111027

No Longer a Noob
Jul 7, 2008
I wasn't here for the days this page was really something, but the fact that you can find posts from August on the first page of the board is pretty depressing

woy1509

Star
Jul 24, 2008
In Syracuse for the first time this weekend and I've passed a whole bunch of different places I referenced in Catching Controversy... kind of funny to think about.

woy1509

Star
Jul 24, 2008
HARRY KANE HARRY KANE HARRY KANE HARRY KANE HARRY KANE HARRY KANE HARRY KANE HARRY KANE

GhostOfBE

No Longer a Noob
Mar 2, 2012
Duke is winning it all this year idk why you're concerned about Michigan Harbaugh is leaving after 4 years then they'll hire Dabo Swinney that's my prediction actually, sucks they don't have a basketball coach like Jim Fox

GhostOfBE

No Longer a Noob
Mar 2, 2012
Not saying he's not gonna be a good player or anything but you see this happen a lot. Sometimes guys have great stretches and all of a sudden get real hyped then end up being just average or worse. Jeremy Lin, Timofey Mozgov, Byron Mullens, etc all had impressive stretches where they started building hype. Two are average players and the other is China.

BlackCaesar-THSLA

Oct 25, 2006
'Ello CT. I have just mosied on over here to have a bit of a celebratory post over the biggest upset in Nicholls baseball history. Le Colonels decided to roll up to Baton Rouge and Alex Box Stadium and put a whupping on big bad #4 LSU.

B-LbHhYIAAA8OS6.jpg:large

(insert BE overreaction here).

GhostOfBE

No Longer a Noob
Mar 2, 2012
'Ello CT. I have just mosied on over here to have a bit of a celebratory post over the biggest upset in Nicholls baseball history. Le Colonels decided to roll up to Baton Rouge and Alex Box Stadium and put a whupping on big bad #4 LSU.

B-LbHhYIAAA8OS6.jpg:large

(insert BE overreaction here).
there isn't really such a thing as an "upset" in d1 baseball. app state took a 3-game series in baton rouge a few years back and i didn't erupt or anything. ESPECIALLY this early in the season. this shit is common man.

e: THIS is what an upset in college baseball looks like

fresno2.jpg

Last edited:

woy1509

Star
Jul 24, 2008
Possibly, but I'm hoping not. Almost certain we'll be in Dayton for the play-ins, then hopefully staying in Pittsburgh to play Villanova. Or we could be fed to Kentucky after the play-in.

This team is very strange, easily the worst Toole has had since his first season. Kinda funny that this is the team that makes the tournament, but dancing is dancing I guess.