.RedPats

Almost Not a Noob
Oct 22, 2008
I haven't bought a The Show game in years, but I've also been debating grabbing this years game.

Kanejr00

Retired IGN Mod
Jun 17, 2004
USA
Is anyone else enjoying the game? I started my franchise last week and am 6-2 so far. I seem to be better at hitting in this year's game compared to last year's game. I tried firing my manager as he isn't worth the $5 million, but can't as I "cannot afford it". Small market problems.

psychotic3241

No Longer a Noob
Jun 11, 2004
Is anyone else enjoying the game? I started my franchise last week and am 6-2 so far. I seem to be better at hitting in this year's game compared to last year's game. I tried firing my manager as he isn't worth the $5 million, but can't as I "cannot afford it". Small market problems.

I'm actually the exact opposite as I'm having more problems batting this year. (Then again this is the year I made the jump to PS4 so the switch may be playing a part in that) It probably doesn't help either that I'm using the Braves.

But overall the game is great.

Kanejr00

Retired IGN Mod
Jun 17, 2004
USA
I'm noticing a big difference from Veteran to All Star difficulty when it comes to hitting. I can easily score 5+ runs most games on Veteran hitting difficulty so when I bump it up to All Star I nearly get no hit. My timing is "GOOD", but I foul off or completely miss everything even when it's in the middle of the zone.

I pitch on Hall of Fame difficulty. I tend to rack up more K's and over all pitch better games with my 4 and 5 pitchers than my aces.

I'm just about done customizing the sliders to an authentic feel. I turned down CPU's strike, control and consistency sliders all the way down and finally am starting to draw a few walks per game.

I'm 15 - 10 or 11 in my Rays franchise with a half game lead over the Yanks. I don't think I've enjoyed an MLB game this much since 2009. My only gripe - not being able to change the color of catchers' helmets. Still it doesn't bother me much whenever it does bother me that the helmets are automatically your team's secondary color instead of primary color.

psychotic3241

No Longer a Noob
Jun 11, 2004
I'm noticing a big difference from Veteran to All Star difficulty when it comes to hitting. I can easily score 5+ runs most games on Veteran hitting difficulty so when I bump it up to All Star I nearly get no hit. My timing is "GOOD", but I foul off or completely miss everything even when it's in the middle of the zone.

I pitch on Hall of Fame difficulty. I tend to rack up more K's and over all pitch better games with my 4 and 5 pitchers than my aces.

I'm just about done customizing the sliders to an authentic feel. I turned down CPU's strike, control and consistency sliders all the way down and finally am starting to draw a few walks per game.

I'm 15 - 10 or 11 in my Rays franchise with a half game lead over the Yanks. I don't think I've enjoyed an MLB game this much since 2009. My only gripe - not being able to change the color of catchers' helmets. Still it doesn't bother me much whenever it does bother me that the helmets are automatically your team's secondary color instead of primary color.

I'm nearing that point too where I'll have to bump the difficulty up for hitting to All Star and I fear I'll run into the same problem you're having. Do you use the PCI when hitting?

As for pitching, my rotation is all 4th or 5th starter types (rebuilt the rotation with prospects that are all currently in the 70s of overall) so I can't speak to being better with my "Aces" as I don't have one at the moment. (May of Year 3/2018) (Years 1 & 2 were a lot of simming and "asset management" towards a full rebuild)

The weird thing I've found (and I think this is just a "me" problem) is that if I'm playing a day game I have to set the weather to Overcast or Rain or else I cannot pick up the ball out of the pitcher's hand fast enough. (Regardless of difficulty)

Kanejr00

Retired IGN Mod
Jun 17, 2004
USA

I'm nearing that point too where I'll have to bump the difficulty up for hitting to All Star and I fear I'll run into the same problem you're having. Do you use the PCI when hitting?

As for pitching, my rotation is all 4th or 5th starter types (rebuilt the rotation with prospects that are all currently in the 70s of overall) so I can't speak to being better with my "Aces" as I don't have one at the moment. (May of Year 3/2018) (Years 1 & 2 were a lot of simming and "asset management" towards a full rebuild)

The weird thing I've found (and I think this is just a "me" problem) is that if I'm playing a day game I have to set the weather to Overcast or Rain or else I cannot pick up the ball out of the pitcher's hand fast enough. (Regardless of difficulty)
I don't use the PCI, but I think if I did it would solve the problem. Even when it says my timing is good I still foul everything off even when it's right down the middle.

I think if you darken your contrast it may help, not sure. I didn't really have that problem until I played a day game in Yankee Stadium and it was a hazy day so the sky was a little orange and yellow making it nearly impossible to pick up the ball.

Boz1515

Insider is weak.
Feb 28, 2005
I got this year's game (2018) early, and started a RTTS with my son, since he's really interested. They added a lot to this mode since I last played it. We are having a good time with it, about 9 seasons into the career.

Kanejr00

Retired IGN Mod
Jun 17, 2004
USA
I got this year's game (2018) early, and started a RTTS with my son, since he's really interested. They added a lot to this mode since I last played it. We are having a good time with it, about 9 seasons into the career.
Hey, Boz!

Does anyone here play Diamond Dynasty? Up for a friendly game?

Sharp3500

I bleed Blue and Orange.
Jun 10, 2007
Got locked out of my account after one failed attempt at logging in. I mean, give me a break. It's been a few years.

Boz1515

Insider is weak.
Feb 28, 2005
Hey guys!

My son and I transferred our RTTS to this year's game, so we are still playing. He's 43 now lol.

The transfer option is great. I wish they would have had this from the start.

Acehigh79

No Longer a Noob
Dec 20, 2004
have mlb the show 22 and am struggling through DD lol. currently 24-26. might be my tv but on higher difficulties I have a hard time picking up breaking balls, especially high velo sliders.