Sharp3500

I bleed Blue and Orange.
Jun 10, 2007
F1 2015 is supposed to be released in March as CodeMasters wants the game to come out before the season and for the PS4, XB1 and PC only so that's good news for all F1 fans. I don't know how well you like racing games, but Project Cars is supposed to be another great racing game. Too bad it got delayed until March as well.

Oh, I didn't know that. Yeah, I'd prefer to have it released before the start of the season, like most other sports games.
I very rarely buy any other racing games. While I do enjoy them, they generally don't keep me interested long enough to be worth a purchase. I can play several seasons in an F1 game though. I just prefer that type of racing, I guess.

SBv2

Perma'd
May 2, 2009
Cananada
I've been eyeing one of the first F1 games for a while now. I rented it a few years back and it blew me away with how realistic it was (I don't even follow F1.) Noticed it was $9.99 in the bargain bin the other week.

Kanejr00

Retired IGN Mod
Jun 17, 2004
USA
It looks like Tampa Bay is giving up in the baseball world. Them basically giving away Hannigan and Myers has made me believe they are purposely self destructing. I don't blame the St. Pete city council for shooting down the plans for a new stadium as the front office has given away a good chunk of our talent and team isn't showing any sort of promise. I've decided not to attend opening day/opening week games and the Rays front office shouldn't complain about attendance this year if they're not going to give us anyone worth paying to see.

Yes, I'm mad.

Sharp3500

I bleed Blue and Orange.
Jun 10, 2007
Wood Anniversary. You have been a member for 5 years. Kudos for sticking around for so long. Awarded: 15 minutes ago.
It's Your Anniversary.
You have been a member for a year. Thank you for sticking around. Awarded: 15 minutes ago.
At least you tried, IGN.

Last edited:

psychotic3241

No Longer a Noob
Jun 11, 2004
Wood Anniversary. You have been a member for 5 years. Kudos for sticking around for so long. Awarded: 15 minutes ago.
It's Your Anniversary.
You have been a member for a year. Thank you for sticking around. Awarded: 15 minutes ago.
At least you tried, IGN.

:^O I guess you could call this one last effort. (Well, when they got around to it I guess)

psychotic3241

No Longer a Noob
Jun 11, 2004
Not sure if you guys are going to be able to help but here goes:

Is this game worth the buy for PS3 or am I just as well to keep with last year's game? Doesn't have to be a huge improvement for me to qualify it as worth it so I'm really asking if they just phoned it in and concentrated on current gen or if they gave last gen a proper chance.

When I made the jump to current gen, MLB: The Show was the only pro I had for the PS4 so I made the switch to Microsoft but I kind of always knew I would regret my choice around this time of year.[face_cry]

Kanejr00

Retired IGN Mod
Jun 17, 2004
USA

Is this game worth the buy for PS3 or am I just as well to keep with last year's game? Doesn't have to be a huge improvement for me to qualify it as worth it so I'm really asking if they just phoned it in and concentrated on current gen or if they gave last gen a proper chance.

When I made the jump to current gen, MLB: The Show was the only pro I had for the PS4 so I made the switch to Microsoft but I kind of always knew I would regret my choice around this time of year.[face_cry]
I don't know if I can answer that question for you. I didn't buy last year's game, but I got this year's game on day one for the PS4. All I can pretty much tell you is that I'm having a blast with it and the servers for last year's game will be closing down if they haven't already done so (if you haven't heard).

psychotic3241

No Longer a Noob
Jun 11, 2004

I don't know if I can answer that question for you. I didn't buy last year's game, but I got this year's game on day one for the PS4. All I can pretty much tell you is that I'm having a blast with it and the servers for last year's game will be closing down if they haven't already done so (if you haven't heard).

Thanks, I hadn't heard that the servers were closing (although it makes sense now that I think about it) so this settles it.

I knew I would regret the Xbox One around this time of year but I didn't think I would regret it this much [face_cry]. (I think I'll have to look into it for next year)

I really wish they would port to PC.

Oct 2, 2005
Hey guys,

I haven't played a Baseball game in a very long time, and I am having trouble figuring out if The Show 15 is going to fill the need I am aiming for. I want to be able to play a Franchise-esque mode but with 2 or more people controlling separate teams in a local only setting. My wife and I want to play together more than just exhibitions. Is this possible? Thanks!

Sharp3500

I bleed Blue and Orange.
Jun 10, 2007
Hey guys,

I haven't played a Baseball game in a very long time, and I am having trouble figuring out if The Show 15 is going to fill the need I am aiming for. I want to be able to play a Franchise-esque mode but with 2 or more people controlling separate teams in a local only setting. My wife and I want to play together more than just exhibitions. Is this possible? Thanks!

It is!
You can control as many teams as you wish.

andrew342678

Sorry Pearl, this item's not on the MENU!
Oct 25, 2003
I'm running an MLB 15 The Show Online Franchise on The Vesti. We've got about 13 active users and are looking to fill up the league some.

I have the following openings:

NL
Diamondbacks
Rockies
Giants
Cubs
Mets
Brewers
Pirates
Cardinals

AL
A's
Angels
White Sox
Indians
Orioles
Rays
Rangers
Twins

League type:
40 game season, open schedule(play any game in any order)
Veteran difficulty

Having a great time in this league. If you are interested in joining and can be an ACTIVE player in this league, pick a team from above and post ITT w/ your PSN ID.

[face_flag]

Kanejr00

Retired IGN Mod
Jun 17, 2004
USA
Day one buy for me as well. I already have it pre-ordered and paid for, but I'll have to wait until the 12th with the North American release. I have been waiting a loooong time for this. The track list tops every other racing game with both real tracks and number of tracks and the car list is pretty decent and they've already released info on nearly twice as many more cars to come in the near future as DLC including a 2015 Indy car and 2012 NASCAR. 60 FPS and 1080p on the PS4 while the X1 will only have 900p. The weather effects look amazing and weather options range from fog, mist, light rain, heavy rain, night and many more. You can turn on/off your lights and windshield wipers and even the console versions are supposed to have PC like options and settings. I'm expecting perfection as this game has been delayed now for four or five different times, because the developers said so themselves they wanted to make the game perfect.

Sharp3500

I bleed Blue and Orange.
Jun 10, 2007
Day one buy for me as well. I already have it pre-ordered and paid for, but I'll have to wait until the 12th with the North American release. I have been waiting a loooong time for this. The track list tops every other racing game with both real tracks and number of tracks and the car list is pretty decent and they've already released info on nearly twice as many more cars to come in the near future as DLC including a 2015 Indy car and 2012 NASCAR. 60 FPS and 1080p on the PS4 while the X1 will only have 900p. The weather effects look amazing and weather options range from fog, mist, light rain, heavy rain, night and many more. You can turn on/off your lights and windshield wipers and even the console versions are supposed to have PC like options and settings. I'm expecting perfection as this game has been delayed now for four or five different times, because the developers said so themselves they wanted to make the game perfect.

Alright, cool. I remember hearing about it a while back, but then I kinda just forgot about it I guess. I didn't realise it had been delayed that many times, so yeah, it better not be in need of any major patches (I know there's a day-one patch, but that's fine by me).

The career mode looks very interesting. To go from Karting to F1 sounds awesome. F1 obviously isn't licensed, but it doesn't really bother me that much. That journey more than makes up for it.
And then we have all the other types of racing, of course. I'm not very familiar with them, but I'm very much looking forward to exploring them all.

I must say, I'm very excited about this game! [face_tongue]

Kanejr00

Retired IGN Mod
Jun 17, 2004
USA

Alright, cool. I remember hearing about it a while back, but then I kinda just forgot about it I guess. I didn't realise it had been delayed that many times, so yeah, it better not be in need of any major patches (I know there's a day-one patch, but that's fine by me).

The career mode looks very interesting. To go from Karting to F1 sounds awesome. F1 obviously isn't licensed, but it doesn't really bother me that much. That journey more than makes up for it.
And then we have all the other types of racing, of course. I'm not very familiar with them, but I'm very much looking forward to exploring them all.

I must say, I'm very excited about this game! [face_tongue]
Impressions? Comments? Review?

Sharp3500

I bleed Blue and Orange.
Jun 10, 2007

One word: Brilliant.
I found it very difficult to control the cars at first, but now that I'm getting better at it I'm enjoying it a whole lot. There are so many settings to work with, but I feel pretty comfortable right now. I'm playing with a controller, though I wish I had a wheel..
But you definitely need to be patient and learn from your mistakes. I've seen a few comments about the handling being too difficult - I don't agree, I'm glad it's difficult. That's what makes it fun to complete a great lap, let alone a full race. You can't just boot up the game for the first time and expect to drive flawlessly.

The AI is amazing. I love its behaviour on the track. I currently have it at 90%, but that might go up and down depending on what car I'm driving.

So yeah, I'd certainly recommend it. [face_tongue]

Kanejr00

Retired IGN Mod
Jun 17, 2004
USA

One word: Brilliant.
I found it very difficult to control the cars at first, but now that I'm getting better at it I'm enjoying it a whole lot. There are so many settings to work with, but I feel pretty comfortable right now. I'm playing with a controller, though I wish I had a wheel..
But you definitely need to be patient and learn from your mistakes. I've seen a few comments about the handling being too difficult - I don't agree, I'm glad it's difficult. That's what makes it fun to complete a great lap, let alone a full race. You can't just boot up the game for the first time and expect to drive flawlessly.

The AI is amazing. I love its behaviour on the track. I currently have it at 90%, but that might go up and down depending on what car I'm driving.

So yeah, I'd certainly recommend it. [face_tongue]
That's great to hear especially about it being difficult to drive. They said they wanted to give us an actual racing sim and not some arcade game like Need For Speed. I've been playing iRacing off and on since 2008 which is the best racing sim out there so I think I know a little on what to expect when trying a car out for the first time. People complain that it's too difficult, but I think that makes it better knowing you have to put in the effort of practicing and if you stick with it then it is that much more rewarding. I'm really excited for this.

AWARRY

Super Star
Nov 3, 2003
been missing out!!!

ive always just played the franchise in MLB the show..

but recently decided to try out RTTS mode... made a CF.... got drafted 2nd pick of the 2nd round by the Rockies

started AA... moved to AAA about 1/3rd through the season..

and just got added to the 40 man roster about two weeks after the all star break

only played one game in the majors... but manged to get 2 hits.

can't believe i never tried this mode before

Sharp3500

I bleed Blue and Orange.
Jun 10, 2007
That's great to hear especially about it being difficult to drive. They said they wanted to give us an actual racing sim and not some arcade game like Need For Speed. I've been playing iRacing off and on since 2008 which is the best racing sim out there so I think I know a little on what to expect when trying a car out for the first time. People complain that it's too difficult, but I think that makes it better knowing you have to put in the effort of practicing and if you stick with it then it is that much more rewarding. I'm really excited for this.

Impressions? Comments? Review? ;)

Kanejr00

Retired IGN Mod
Jun 17, 2004
USA

Impressions? Comments? Review? ;)
The AI is crazy. My first Formula B race was at Spa. I crossed the line side by side for the lead to start the final lap. The AI had the preferred inside line going into turn one so he retook the lead. I passed him back on the straight and he wrecked me. I like how they will fight for position, but they need to be smarter and cleaner.

Had a great race in the GT 5 series at Oulton Park last night. Started in 16/20 and had a great start and was in seventh by the second lap. The sun started rising and was completely blinding all views going into both chicanes, but it didn't really bother me much. I won the race with just fumes left in the tank.

Other than the AI, my only other gripes are not much visual aids like in F1 2014/2013 has the white arrows letting you know there's a car around you so being extra careful there can cause you to lose focus and my wheel doesn't have enough buttons on it for all of the options. Like I will have to give something up so I can assign the windshield wipers a button or hope it doesn't rain.

Sharp3500

I bleed Blue and Orange.
Jun 10, 2007
The AI is crazy. My first Formula B race was at Spa. I crossed the line side by side for the lead to start the final lap. The AI had the preferred inside line going into turn one so he retook the lead. I passed him back on the straight and he wrecked me. I like how they will fight for position, but they need to be smarter and cleaner.

Had a great race in the GT 5 series at Oulton Park last night. Started in 16/20 and had a great start and was in seventh by the second lap. The sun started rising and was completely blinding all views going into both chicanes, but it didn't really bother me much. I won the race with just fumes left in the tank.

Other than the AI, my only other gripes are not much visual aids like in F1 2014/2013 has the white arrows letting you know there's a car around you so being extra careful there can cause you to lose focus and my wheel doesn't have enough buttons on it for all of the options. Like I will have to give something up so I can assign the windshield wipers a button or hope it doesn't rain.

That race sounds great indeed. :)

I completely agree about the AI. It's flat-out dirty at times. Hopefully that's something they can tune.
I know what you're talking about with the arrows, that's something I liked in the F1-games too.

And that's unfortunate about the wheel, which one do you have?

Last edited:

Kanejr00

Retired IGN Mod
Jun 17, 2004
USA
I want to say activity will pick up in a few months when The Show 16 is close to coming out, but I can't see that happening. [face_rose]

.RedPats

Almost Not a Noob
Oct 22, 2008
God damn, it's been years since I logged in and posted. How are you Sharp and Kane? Hope I'm remembered still lol

.RedPats

Almost Not a Noob
Oct 22, 2008
Hahaha I've been pretty good. Getting my associates next semester for accounting and have been working in accounts payable for almost 2 years now with a company that sells Matlaws seafood. I use to do all the filing and moved boxes and stuff for them before I got the promotion for an actual position. Other than that I've just been trying to save up some money with my girl to move out and get an apartment.

How have you guys been though? We use to have sooo many good times in the CT lol

.RedPats

Almost Not a Noob
Oct 22, 2008
Glad you guys are doing well. I miss all the old times we had here lol. Probably the only board community I actually remember most of the regulars still.

Kanejr00

Retired IGN Mod
Jun 17, 2004
USA
First The Show game in a few years that I'm really looking forward to and will get on day one.

Opening Day cannot get here soon enough.