dquigley

titleless
Sep 20, 2003
Bowman must have a massive blackmail file on lots of people in the front office

HuskerTornado

♪ Your delusions are yours, and not mine ♪
Oct 14, 2001
Parts Unknown
Q being available has GMs around the league contemplating firing their current coach. He likely already has several teams contacting his agent.

Bowman is the issue in Chicago, his 'get the band back together' summer where he traded Panarin away should have been all it took to send him packing.

D

Deleted member 4121907

Original poster
Timo Meier with 12 goals this season already

D

Deleted member 4121907

Original poster
it's pretty crazy that pretty much all the top scorers are 23 years old or younger

the young talent right now is crazy

tmg.exe

(NOT)
Aug 31, 2001
I'm hoping the theory is "McDavid's so good he'll be able to score regardless of coaching, but the other 18 players need someone to make them play accountable defense or they'll never win despite McDavid's best efforts."

I mean, Hitch was able to get over-a-point-a-game seasons out of Modano in the middle of the dead puck era.

Last edited:

phantompenguin.

No Longer a Noob
Sep 20, 2009
Los Angeles
Trading a recent 3rd overall pick and a recent 12th overall pick for a recent 20th overall pick sums up the Coyotes franchise pretty damn well, regardless of the context of who those players are.

Doom67

Gloom67
Oct 28, 2000
Yep. Blake Wheeler was one of the most odd ones ever to me. Drafted him way earlier then he was expected to go at #5 overall, then never signed him. I mean it would just be one of those, took a shot on a guy that they really believed in and he didn't pan out stories (it was a bad year for the 1st round anyways), but then Wheeler signed in Boston and most of us know the rest from there...

I just don't get how they could make that pick so off the board, then not sign him, and then have history prove they were RIGHT to have picked him that early.

UncleBen59

No Longer a Noob
Jan 26, 2014
Massachusetts
For the love of God, could the Bruins defensemen stop getting hurt?

We're ready to start an ECHL-level scrub in D at this rate...

Is anyone available in FA?

Doom67

Gloom67
Oct 28, 2000
Finally picked up the NHL package because it looks like I'll have quite a few more evenings off going forward. Other then the Caps I'm going to watch as many Av/Sabre games as I can.

UncleBen59

No Longer a Noob
Jan 26, 2014
Massachusetts
Rick Middleton's #16 was retired by the Bruins tonight.

Feel kinda bad for him as he was right in between the Orr-Era and the Bourque-Era so he never got a (good) chance to play for the Cup.

D

Deleted member 4121907

Original poster

lol yeah just bash the two leaders on the team when Seguin, Benn and Radulov are the only guys with 20+ points this season

D

Deleted member 4121907

Original poster
brandon pirri has 9 goals in 9 career games for golden knights lol

D

Deleted member 4121907

Original poster
I'll be surprised if Carlyle is still a coach tomorrow

69los

Mr. Grumble
Nov 9, 2000
Thanks for everything. We wish you good fortune and future GM employment with another NHL franchise.

Sincerely,

The New York Islanders

HuskerTornado

Oct 14, 2001
Parts Unknown
While it was fun watching him bumble his way through trades and contract signings, it wasn't all him. Ownership signed off on the deals, including the most recent, Koskinen $4.5M/year contract.

phantompenguin.

No Longer a Noob
Sep 20, 2009
Los Angeles
Jamie Oleksiak being traded for the same exact pick he was traded for 13 months ago is one hell of a pub trivia answer.

This also marks the fourth time this fourth round pick has been traded and we're still 6 months from the draft (Pittsburgh via Dallas via Pittsburgh via Arizona via Minnesota) :^O

twisted_time48

No Longer a Noob
Oct 30, 2010
I like this trade a lot. It's a lot to give up but for a year and a half of Muzzin, I'll take it. Grundstrom was going to be top 9 max, the first is a low first so it won't hurt that much, and I don't know much (anything) about Durzi. I really like that Babcock has said that he'll move Hainsey to the third line with Dermott and Muzzin will be playing with Rielly, so he actually has a defensive partner.

HuskerTornado

Oct 14, 2001
Parts Unknown
also, thrilled to have Brassard gone. I can't remember the last guy that played with no effort just because he was on the 3rd line, even though he would often have a guy like Kessel on his wing. Ego was bruised and he had the boo boo face. Even when they gave him the chance to play wing with Crosby, he looked like he didn't give a shit. That trade seemed great at the time, then became a total joke.

You'd think he would work his ass off to get a big $ contract this summer as a UFA, but he must figure someone will overpay him anyway.

HuskerTornado

Oct 14, 2001
Parts Unknown
yeah, there's no doubt that Florida will flip him to another contender before the deadline. Florida had pieces that Pittsburgh couldn't get back from a contender.

phantompenguin.

No Longer a Noob
Sep 20, 2009
Los Angeles
also, thrilled to have Brassard gone. I can't remember the last guy that played with no effort just because he was on the 3rd line, even though he would often have a guy like Kessel on his wing. Ego was bruised and he had the boo boo face. Even when they gave him the chance to play wing with Crosby, he looked like he didn't give a shit. That trade seemed great at the time, then became a total joke.

You'd think he would work his ass off to get a big $ contract this summer as a UFA, but he must figure someone will overpay him anyway.

A giant, emphatic middle finger to that loser for not even trying 95% of the time because his ice time dipped by a couple minutes a game.

I'll say this much about Rutherford: I respect the hell out of his willingness to jettison failures quickly, rather than stubbornly waiting to be proven right like certain past Penguins GMs.

tmg.exe

(NOT)
Aug 31, 2001
The Matthews deal has landed.

5 years, $11.634 mil AAV. Reportedly like 93% bonus money.

UncleBen59

No Longer a Noob
Jan 26, 2014
Massachusetts

CBJ is also sending a 2019 1st rounder (Top-3 protected) and a conditional 2020 1st rounder. Condition is Duchene re-signs with CBJ

HuskerTornado

Oct 14, 2001
Parts Unknown
Pittsburgh lost both top pairing D-men, Letang and Dumoulin in the same sequence after some bullshit in Philly. Unbelievable.

Dumoulin out with a likely concussion after Simmonds blew his shoulder into his head, driving him into the glass. Dumoulin was down writing in pain for quite a while.

Letang, in the scrum after the Simmonds hit is put into a headlock by Gostisbehere and then had him fall down on his neck full weight to the ice. Letang's surgically repaired neck.

[face_worried] Very concerned about both being long term injuries. With Maatta already out long term, that would put 3 of their top 4 D out indefinitely. This might have just made them deadline sellers...

Last edited:

Doom67

Gloom67
Oct 28, 2000
This playoff race is making me too nervous already, only a month and a half to go? [face_plain]

Doom67

Gloom67
Oct 28, 2000
Gotta feel for him, probably one of the greatest goalies to never win it all, surely the best goalie I've seen to not do it. Played against 3 generational talents in Ovie, Malkin, Crosby for pretty much his whole playoff career. Now he's past it and won't get a chance on a contender while all his friends get to go have their shot. Kinda feels like Kolzig at the end of the Jagr experiment.