UncleBen59

No Longer a Noob
Jan 26, 2014
Massachusetts
Well here we go! Another season of glorious NHL hockey is upon us.

And so begins Ovechkin's Cup Bender Act II.

Also drop some bold predictions below.

twisted_time48

No Longer a Noob
Oct 30, 2010
Leafs are winning the Cup. I’m dead serious.

Nylander signs a week into the season for about 6.5 for 7 years.

McDavid won’t win the Art Ross but it will be Kucherov

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tmg.exe

(NOT)
Aug 31, 2001
Leafs will lead the league in goals-for but will make an early playoff exit to a defense-first team.

Surprise playoff teams that weren't last season: Calgary and Edmonton both make it.

Surprise playoff missing teams that were great last year: Boston and Vegas both miss.

A defenseman wins the Calder for a change. Heiskanen or Dahlin.

Ottawa (despite not even having their own pick), Montreal, and Vancouver have the expected race to the bottom and finish bottom-3, but a higher seed wins the Hughes lottery. I'll say... Islanders.

UncleBen59

No Longer a Noob
Jan 26, 2014
Massachusetts
So it's been 5+ years since the Bruins beat the Caps.

Really dont understand why people thought tonight's result was gonna be any different

Doom67

Gloom67
Oct 28, 2000

Really dont understand why people thought tonight's result was gonna be any different

Holtby usually stands on his head when the Bruins have a good game; tonight was a bit different. Its crazy though....every time we play I expect the Bruins to finally break through, but then it doesn't happen.

UncleBen59

No Longer a Noob
Jan 26, 2014
Massachusetts

Holtby usually stands on his head when the Bruins have a good game; tonight was a bit different. Its crazy though....every time we play I expect the Bruins to finally break through, but then it doesn't happen.

What pisses me off is that the talking heads on the radio and the old dads use this as a main reason to "trade Tuukka, bring back Lucic." As I said, it's been 5+ years, We've put our back-ups in net at times too and the Caps still beat us. It's not Tuukka, it's the whole damn team in front of the net and for whatever reason it's almost always the Caps

I still think it's karmatic payback for the comments about Joel Ward back in 2012.

So what happens to Marchand for what he did to Eller? Cause that was pretty much the same as what Max Domi did except worse...

If anything, 3 games. Probably nothing.

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2003
I guess Ovechkin was right when he said we're not going to be fucking suck this year.

Even after a multi month long bender lol

twisted_time48

No Longer a Noob
Oct 30, 2010
Marchand's in the lineup today, no supplemental discipline which is dumb.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2005
Montreal
lol so ridiculous.

People are super happy that Wilson got 20 games and yet theres no rage about marchand when he's just as big of a piece of shit. he just doesn't injure as many people.

star player treatment I guess

UncleBen59

No Longer a Noob
Jan 26, 2014
Massachusetts
Marchand's in the lineup today, no supplemental discipline which is dumb.

lol so ridiculous.

People are super happy that Wilson got 20 games and yet theres no rage about marchand when he's just as big of a piece of shit. he just doesn't injure as many people.

star player treatment I guess

Main argument seems to be that Eller fought back

Nov 24, 2005
Montreal
Ya after getting hit 3 times when he was defensless?

SO because ekblad is more of a pussy than eller, marchand doesn't get suspended? The DPS is just a joke. They get it right with Wilson and then just say "fuck it"

Jun 13, 2003
Ya after getting hit 3 times when he was defensless?

SO because ekblad is more of a pussy than eller, marchand doesn't get suspended? The DPS is just a joke. They get it right with Wilson and then just say "fuck it"

Its always been a joke in the NHL

Should just negotiate punishments per times offended in next CBA and stop leaving it up to discretion because they're clearly bad at it.

tmg.exe

(NOT)
Aug 31, 2001
The Devils are only playing their third game of the season today so their players are unlikely to be noticed at the top of the scoring list when teams that have played six games are all there...

But Kyle Palmieri is having his third straight multi goal game.

tmg.exe

(NOT)
Aug 31, 2001
Still. :)

Palmieri's multi-goal-game streak ended though. He only got a single goal last night.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2006
Anaheim
Still. :)

Palmieri's multi-goal-game streak ended though. He only got a single goal last night.

Something I noticed about the Ducks...anytime they let a bit player go, they do way better in a new environment. Kunitz. Palmieri. Justin Schultz. Bonino. Maroon. SIgn.

Jun 13, 2003
Paging @tmg.exe

This stat came from my stoner buddy so I want to verify but according to him since the foolishness of the 80s only 4 players have scored 30 goals in each of their first NHL 3 seasons. All of which are Russian. (Bure, Fedorov, Ovechkin, Malkin) I've yet to find any player to defeat this in my quick searching.

Any idea or is he right?

tmg.exe

(NOT)
Aug 31, 2001
My first suspect misses by 1 goal and that only because of a lockout shortened season. Lindros got 29 in his 46 game lockout year, 30+ in his other five of his first six seasons.

Looking for more exceptions ...

Nope can’t find any. One other player missed the feat by a single goal as well - Kovalchuk!

Last edited:

twisted_time48

No Longer a Noob
Oct 30, 2010
My first 2 thoughts were Jagr and Sundin but they barely missed it too. What a crazy stat. Auston Matthews should do it this year, barring an injury. Laine has a shot as well.

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2003
Yeah Matthews and Laine should join the club this year. I think that's where he got the stat from in the first place but I didn't think it could possibly be right.

twisted_time48

No Longer a Noob
Oct 30, 2010
Yeah Matthews and Laine should join the club this year. I think that's where he got the stat from in the first place but I didn't think it could possibly be right.
Yeah if you don't include the late 80's with Joe Nieuwendyk (87-89), and probably several others, it's accurate.

phantompenguin.

No Longer a Noob
Sep 20, 2009
Los Angeles
Decades? It was a nice goal but jeez lol come on.
yes, that is likely included in a highlight package when they talk about this particular all time great player in the future.
It was nice but I mean Crosby has a plethora of highlight real goals. I doubt this one will make it on his highlight real and the end of his career

Disagreed. Sid doesn't have a ton of great dangling goals and that was definitely one. You can only show so many backhanders and deflections in one highlight reel.

D

Deleted member 4121907

Original poster

lmao I’m sure PK appreciates this chant

D

Deleted member 4121907

Original poster

McDavid's speed will never cease to amaze me

Doom67

Gloom67
Oct 28, 2000
Not really. Quennville has been around for 22 years and has had some form of success as a coach (making playoffs at a very good rate) for a lot of that and then finally breaking through and winning 3 cups with Chicago. Gallant had 300 something-ish games as a coach and did well in one of the four seasons (though to be fair never really had great teams).