Re: UDP Telemetry?

by PJTierneyCM

Original Post

★ Apprentice
@soloist1980 Great to hear you sorted it.
Message 101 of 110 (1,265 Views)

★★★★ Novice

There's an issue with the surge telemetry data.  When the car loses the rear-end the surge telemetry key value goes through the roof and is constantly maxing out my belt tensioner. 
It seems like lateral forces and surge are added up or so.  Losing the rear will result in higher telemetry values ( forces ) then when hitting a house at 200kph speed. 

Message 102 of 110 (1,099 Views)

★ Apprentice

I can't comment on the telemetry data it self but you should be able to tune the belt tensioner in what ever control software your using. I had to tune down traction loss a lot on my rig for example. All rigs are different (to a degree) & you have to tune them to get the best out of them some times.

Message 103 of 110 (1,092 Views)

★★★ Newbie

And for PS5?

Message 104 of 110 (939 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Please add telemetry to console so we have parity with F1 and most other racing games. Allot of people have simhub setups and can't wait to hook them up to WRC!!

Message 105 of 110 (928 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Is there a list of outputs we can read through? The general statement stuff isn't really intuitive.

Message 106 of 110 (796 Views)

★ Guide

Would love to see a UDP specification document like F1'23 has. Someone from EA? 

Message 107 of 110 (650 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@Raymond-Smits
I guess it's slightly more customisable than F1 UDP.
So doc also has to be little more vague as it can't cover any fixed structure.
Message 108 of 110 (626 Views)

★★★ Guide

@PJTierneyCM 

I want to express my thanks to the team for the latest additions to the UDP Telemetry. Also the game has really taken big steps from the first versions. When testing my Tool with the game, I find quite often myself driving longer than needed for the testing.

It is great that there is now data, which allows to provide useful telemetry to the drivers.

Below is list of some things/data, which would be nice to have:

1) Data which SPLIT the driver is now. You can deduct this from the 'stage_previous_split' changes, but would be great if one could just see this data directly from the UDP feed.

2) Also current tyre fitted would be great into to have to allow more detailed analysis

3) Some people have asked for the HYBRID cars' data etc, so now that there is already the ABS light data, so would be great if all the other data visible in the HUD/Car info screen would be available in similar way, i.e. Handbrake and other notification lights, the car data like oil and water temps etc. These would be great things to have, if possible.

Cheers.

Message 109 of 110 (344 Views)

EA Codemasters Team

@IkoRein wrote:

@PJTierneyCM 

I want to express my thanks to the team for the latest additions to the UDP Telemetry. Also the game has really taken big steps from the first versions. When testing my Tool with the game, I find quite often myself driving longer than needed for the testing.

It is great that there is now data, which allows to provide useful telemetry to the drivers.

Below is list of some things/data, which would be nice to have:

1) Data which SPLIT the driver is now. You can deduct this from the 'stage_previous_split' changes, but would be great if one could just see this data directly from the UDP feed.

2) Also current tyre fitted would be great into to have to allow more detailed analysis

3) Some people have asked for the HYBRID cars' data etc, so now that there is already the ABS light data, so would be great if all the other data visible in the HUD/Car info screen would be available in similar way, i.e. Handbrake and other notification lights, the car data like oil and water temps etc. These would be great things to have, if possible.

Cheers.

Thanks for the suggestions, passed them on 🙂

Message 110 of 110 (326 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help