Re: How to - Update your Thrustmaster firmware for F1®23

by 82520a2dc6353cf5

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

I am with a TS-XW and continuously, when I start a new race or change mode the force feedback goes away.
I have to disconnect and reconnect the steering wheel. This game is HORRIBLY optimized for steering wheels. And neither EA nor Codemasters pay attention to the users.

It should be fixed from day 1

Message 101 of 108 (948 Views)

★★ Novice
In our league 3 of us use Thrustmaster, and had to turn our wheels off and back on again within 1 hour of playing to avoid the ffb being lost. As of Patch 1.07 this issue is fixed, so thank you! I see 1.08 has rolled out, so hopefully it stays fixed in that patch too.
Message 102 of 108 (937 Views)

★★★★ Novice

force feedback on thrustmaster tgt 2 still not working! I find it really regrettable and outrageous that EA still hasn't fixed this problem! I tried today to do a time trial and no feedback even though the driver and firmware are up to date. I'm really curious to see how long it takes EA to intervene on this thing.. shameful 90 euros really badly spent!..

Message 103 of 108 (889 Views)

Re: How to solve: F1® 23 - Xbox / No Force Feedback with Thrustmaster wheels

★★★ Newbie

I have done all of the above but still nothing. This is so frustrating!

Message 104 of 108 (711 Views)

Re: How to solve: F1® 23 - Xbox / No Force Feedback with Thrustmaster wheels

★★ Novice

Neu firmware update ist da V6.27

Message 105 of 108 (612 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Good morning. I have a T300 and I installed this version of PC driver - DRIVERS FORCE FEEDBACK [Package 2024_TTRS_1.exe] + Firmware the steering wheel was bad to drive... so do I have to stay on this version of TTRS 3 2023 with the firmware in version 34.00? Is this the best driver version for F1 23?

Message 106 of 108 (363 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@82520a2dc6353cf5 wrote:

Good morning. I have a T300 and I installed this version of PC driver - DRIVERS FORCE FEEDBACK [Package 2024_TTRS_1.exe] + Firmware the steering wheel was bad to drive... so do I have to stay on this version of TTRS 3 2023 with the firmware in version 34.00? Is this the best driver version for F1 23?

Thrustmaster will say this is the best, normally I would agree.

HOWEVER, if you have a situation that means you quantifiably can tell the difference between drivers there is no need to stay with the current driver, you should run the installer again, which will remove the driver (if you dislike 2024_TTRS_1, then run it's installer again; may be beneficial to remove the wheel as you do so). I would ADVISE that you run a driver no older than that which gave you your current firmware; e.g. T300 got v34 at 2021_TTRS_4), but read the release notes for issues with your games.

https://ts.thrustmaster.com/download/pub/webupdate/T500RS/Package_2024_TTRS_1_Release-Notes.txt

PERSONALLY I would use Revo uninstaller to remove drivers (wheel/pedals disconnected) and use USBDeView to remove redundant entries.

If you wish to revert firmwares, it is also possible, the Thrustmaster routine does not stop down-flashing, you just require the driver pack with the firmware you wish to use. I would add that I would always attempt a firmware downflash with the newest flash routine you have. 

Latest driver>Downflash firmware>Downgrade driver - Upgrade driver>Upgrade Firmware

I do have a copy of most Thustmaster drivers (and thereby firmwares) for most wheelbases. Simply copy out the firmware folder to another store before upgrading the driver. I also have the older readmes as Thrustmaster truncate this file from time to time.

Edit: Don't ask for 2022_TTRS_2 as I don't have it, nor do I have 2023_TTRS_1 through _3. Thrustmaster have pulled or moved them from their website and the online repositories are less well stocked than mine!

Message 107 of 108 (349 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@SteveJacksonGood evening my friend. You won't believe the T300 was good in F1... But with the TTRS2021_1. When I enter the corner the car doesn't slide anymore, but I totally ran out of FFB. The problem is the game and the thrustmaster. This F1 24 is sure to come with this same problem.
I'm not going to buy this F1 24 q for sure comes with this bug with no solution. I won't buy another steering wheel, it's easier to migrate to other games and forget about this one

Message 108 of 108 (137 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help