Re: Another F1 same old FFB issue

by ryanoliver21

Original Post

Re: Logitech G29 Force Feedback Stops at Low Speeds & kicks back in at highe

★ Guide
@NormBash84 Ok, on ps5 they fixed it and forcefeedback and treuforce both worked on my logitech pro. Xbox had treuforce problems ifbi remember correctly
Message 51 of 214 (285 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@ha6hk3w77mwj wrote:
@ryanoliver21It’s unbelievable that the same gamebreaking bugs are present every year. I hope people learnt from ‘23 and didn’t buy the champions edition and payed €30 to play 3 day’s early wich is impossible with the bugs. It’s the same every year, learn from it

Never been comfortable with the elitest “fast track” systems.

Congratulations on purchasing a first world problem with your surplus cash.

Message 52 of 214 (283 Views)

Community Manager

Hey there,

This thread has been escalated and the game team is currently investigating the issue. As soon as I have more information I will let you know and I will keep you updated.

-Groguet

Groguet.png
Message 53 of 214 (410 Views)

Re: Logitech g pro, weak and basic force feedback PS5

★★★★★ Novice

Followup!

EA can you please add this to the list of unresolved issues?

I see the forcefeedback issue for Xbox is added but not for PS5

Tor

Message 54 of 214 (215 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello @EA_Groguet,

I have no idea how, but I found a sort of fix that might help you with this issue.

My steering wheel: I have the Logitech G29, including pedals (PlayStation version). I am playing on a PC.

The problem I’m experiencing: I have the Logitech GHub app, which is updated to the latest version 2024.4.*****. When I go into Time Trial mode, everything is fine until I approach a curve and need to brake. Then, the force feedback "turns off," and as soon as I accelerate out of the curve, it kicks back in. Often, the steering wheel then jerks completely to the left or right on its own. I’ve spent over 14 hours trying to resolve this issue.

I have two other computers with an older version of Logitech GHub installed, 2024.3. When I connect my steering wheel to these computers, everything works perfectly with no bugs. My friend also has a G29 steering wheel with the 2024.3 version of GHub on his PC, and it works flawlessly. The problem for me is that on my main PC, I have no way to install the older version of GHub; it always updates automatically to 2024.4, no matter which installer I use (older or the current 2024.3 installer).

My fix: I installed the old Logitech Gaming Software and uninstalled GHub. Then, I was able to play the game, but with very weak force feedback, which wasn’t good either. Then, I reinstalled GHub while the game was running, tabbed back into the game after installation, and the buttons on the steering wheel didn't work. Then, I unplugged the wheel from the PC and plugged it back in. The buttons worked again, and as long as I didn’t close the game, the force feedback worked perfectly in all modes.

Conclusion: The issue is definitely with the GHub app. It’s possible that the new version 2024.4 is optimized for the G923, but for the G29, it’s a disaster.

I hope you understand everything.

And yes, I tried everything else beforehand. I reinstalled everything. I tried all the solutions from the forums, and even reinstalled Windows.

Best regards.

Message 55 of 214 (390 Views)

Re: Force feedback not working

★★★ Newbie

I play on PC and I have no FFB at all. Tried everything suggested here and on other platforms. Still nothing is working. I payed more for early access to get this? Can't believe that fanatec F1 wheel is not working on the f1 game.. just a joke..

Message 56 of 214 (373 Views)

★★★★ Novice

How can I get a refund for early access?

Message 57 of 214 (368 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Groguet How can I get a refund for early access?
Message 58 of 214 (366 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have the same problem with the Fanatec CSL DD (5nm). I start the game and there is simply no force feedback. I then tried to solve the problem as in the last part by pressing pause during the race and disconnecting and reconnecting the steering wheel once, but unfortunately without success. I think it's a real shame that a game is always praised so highly but the simplest things don't work. Sad.

Message 59 of 214 (351 Views)

Re: Force feedback not working

★★★★★ Novice

I’m on ps5 and also just like last year ffb really weak or hardly at all on new f1 2024. Hope I don’t have to wait 3months again for patch. I’m on Logitech g pro wheel. Last game I buy from ea. happened last year too and I had to wait three months after a release of game. No refund no we’re sorry no nothing from ea. typical

Message 60 of 214 (313 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help