Re: Loss of force feedback on F1 23 with Thrustmaster T300

by BuffonsShowOff

Original Post

Re: Force Feedback T300 not working

★★★ Apprentice

The T300 with an FFB that doesn't exist, horrible to drive. Developer takes a T300 and plays with it. It's only in this game that the steering wheel has these bugs... conclusion. Poorly done game, full of bugs and with each update only gets worse.

Message 111 of 146 (8,579 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi There, 

we are almost at the end of september and this issue still persist. do you know when there we should expect a perment fix for this?

Message 112 of 146 (8,567 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Last week, I changed my t300rs with a new one, and it worked quite well honestly. Only alt-tabbing i lost ffb. But today you patched and RUINed everything again. You start a lap (in hotlap for example) and you have it (not full strong but you have it) in third sector, everything is gone.

no sense at all

Message 113 of 146 (8,477 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

On the net I have found this workaround (waiting for the EA to fix it finally).

a. Open the Thrustmaster Control Panel and keep it active.

b. Start the game

c. If you don't get the FFB, alt-tab to the TM Control Panel

d. Test any of the FB functions

e. alt-tab to the game

At this point, the FFB should be working.

Crossed fingers

P.S.

@EA it is incredible that you haven't fixed this issue yet. You should return all the money you got from this buggy game

Message 114 of 146 (8,296 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

It would be amazing if the CODIES and EA will use the INGAME-Drivers [files] of F1 22, these worked atleast while using the T300. I have the same issue and thats also the reason why I refuse to play F123 anymore. At this point they are losing their playerbase, due to this issue. And its not only happening with the T300...but also with the Logitech-wheels. 

Why does it take so long to fix this issue? Why does have every F1 game huge and unplayable issues at release [or shortly after]?

Its not an issue created by Thrustmaster nor Logitech, its a file that has been written wrongly. EA somehow will blame the wheel-developers/producers [like they always do], while I have no issue at all at other racegames. The sollution is quite simple, just replace the "wheel/FFB-files" with the F122 or replace the files with the "release"-files of F123 and start from scratch. the T300 and the Logitechs worked fine at the BETA and Release, but got ruined since the 3rd or 4th update of the game [F123].

I hope they will read this and try the sollution I have written at this post. I want to play F123 again!

Regards, GI Joey

[Being on Twitter all time: https://twitter.com/GI_Joey_ ]

Message 115 of 146 (8,180 Views)

EA Codemasters Team

Hey folks, thank you so much for your patience on this issue.

Late last week, Thrustmaster issued a firmware update to address the Force Feedback issues persisting on their devices. This also addresses the problem when pressing 'Alt+Tab' in F1® 23.

Please search for your device here: https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/cat-wheels-en/ and update your drivers as per the instructions on the website.

Message 116 of 146 (9,930 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Its not Solved!! 

After a few Rounds the FFB is lost again

Message 117 of 146 (7,823 Views)

★ Guide
@CM_TGK i still have firmware 34 no update on it (same version is on the site)
Message 118 of 146 (7,786 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Its not a new FW-Version but Driver. After the Update there should be a newer Version Displayed in your Settings:

Message 119 of 146 (7,761 Views)

★ Guide
@DrSchneider3412 oh thx a lot... apparently i have it, maybe it installed when i updated windows cause i dont recall doing it manually. ill try the game now and see if it change something
Message 120 of 146 (7,745 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help