Re: College Basketball Game

by mjhamilton113

Original Post

College Basketball Game

★★ Novice

With the new College Football game being released in 2024, does this open up the door to a potential return of College Basketball? Does licensing of schools allow the likeness and logos to be used across other sports? Thank you!

Message 1 of 4 (4,104 Views)

★★★★ Novice

i don't think so because Ea sports could have made a college basketball game when they were making college football games up to Ncaa football 14, with that being said I hope they do return making the college basketball game but after they get the college football 24 and so on going 

Message 2 of 4 (4,089 Views)

★★ Novice

The most recent game in 2009 sold around 200-300k copies which was a massive bust and led to the sunsetting of NCAA Basketball. With that said, I think NCAA Footballs success could lead to a new game. Similarly to football, there is a thirst for the game because it has been so long. The market has also significantly changed with the ability to download games, more consoles available and a renewed popularity in college basketball in general.

Message 3 of 4 (4,071 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

also, 2k sports had their college basketball game, so it took away some sells from Ea ncaa basketball, now there isn't any competition, Ea sports would get 100% percent of the college basketball market. also, sports games usually are not a every year buy because much don't change from just a year. but it's been a really long time since we had any college basketball videogames, i believe it will sell a lot of copies than there last one, but it won't sell as much copies as there new Ea sports college football game, so i think it be a while before they tackle another game right now, but down the road who knows, i really hope so.

Message 4 of 4 (4,049 Views)