Re: NFS Heat crashes and goes offline

by EA_Illium

Original Post

Accepted Solution

NFS Heat crashes and goes offline

★★★ Newbie

Hey EA I need help. So I have recently moved my ps4 location from the living room to my room. Now in the living room I was able to be hard wired into the internet. Never had a problem that way, everything worked fine. But since I have moved into my room and have not been able to hard wire, I have been experiencing one solo problem. So here's what goes down. I am now hooked up through the wifi wirelessly by the way. So, I start up my ps4, let it load everything, then I start up the game Need For Speed Heat, let that load up until the starting page. Okay all good, now we're in my lobby right. I start my broadcast from here on Twitch. That loads up just fine everything still all good. I create a party, sometimes I don't, however I play online. Every thing is loading perfectly. Get to the inside of the garage, I select day or night blah blah blah. Now here is where the mystery starts.. sometimes this will happen fast or sometimes it will take a while like some hours. I have noticed it will happen quicker if I am the leader in the lobby and I have some people who joined me. Doesn't happen so fast when I join them. I don't know. But then, all of a sudden, the game will lag, and I suddenly will be returned to the main lobby page. Then after a few minutes it will say there OFFLINE click to go online or something like that. I have tried to go back online at this point and it will give me a whole speech about the server. However I know my internet is on, I know I am still online. From this point I have closed the game and restarted it. That doesn't work. I have gone to check the PSN network, it's online. I check the EA server, it is also online. I test my internet, it also checks out well. The router is fine, internet is at 100% excellent signal strength. I was just restarting the whole pS4 and then trying the game again and that did work, well until it crashes again. Now I have disconnected the wifi through the network settings and reconnected it and I was able to get back into the game, but we will see how long I last. I will attach a picture of the message that comes up, but usually there isn't one. And by the way I have tried to do what it says in the prompt as well.

Message 1 of 2 (149 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hi @DunkNDestroyer 

Thanks for reaching out to the community! 

When you have a moment can we see if the following steps help prevent this from happening?

1. Check for console updates 
  2. Try the steps in our Connection and Advance Connection Guides 
  3. Open your PS5 NAT Type
  4. Change DNS settings (You can use the public google DNS primary: 8.8.8.8, secondary: 8.8.4.4, unless there is a different DNS you would rather use)  
  5. Entering Safe Mode and Rebuild your PS database

Thanks!

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (107 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi @DunkNDestroyer 

Thanks for reaching out to the community! 

When you have a moment can we see if the following steps help prevent this from happening?

1. Check for console updates 
  2. Try the steps in our Connection and Advance Connection Guides 
  3. Open your PS5 NAT Type
  4. Change DNS settings (You can use the public google DNS primary: 8.8.8.8, secondary: 8.8.4.4, unless there is a different DNS you would rather use)  
  5. Entering Safe Mode and Rebuild your PS database

Thanks!

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 2 (108 Views)