Re: Unknown login error occurred (Madden 23) - every two games

by jrdachshund

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Im confused. Wonder how that worked. From what I can see, the ps4 network has its own password, and the EA network is a separate password. My PS4 login shows me logged in. Its the EA network that wont log in, even though I can access EA website and my account using the password set up. What the hell am I paying for. This is crazy!  But games I cant use. And for some reason, its always EA that is the issue

Message 21 of 27 (75 Views)

★★★ Newbie

yeah I wont buy anymore from EA. Seems every years version, had connectivity issues. Im done with it.

Message 22 of 27 (75 Views)

★★★ Newbie

did they ever reply? Its crazy man. What kind of business is this? For years been buying their products and now they suck. GOT TO STOP BUYING FROM THEM. THAT WILL WAKS THEM UP

Message 23 of 27 (75 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What a pain!!! Im getting the same issue with ps5. Cannot log into the ea network. I cant even get a prompt to add a user name and password. Are you able to get into some sort of a login screen? Well your on xbox, but any word on this?

Message 24 of 27 (75 Views)

★★★ Novice
@WHUT_U_LOOKIN_AT Nope. I’ve changed my password on EA’s POS website thinking it would log me out of Madden and Fifa, but it doesn’t then where you normally click to manage your account in Madden (the 3 dots then EA Account) just says “Unknown Login Error”. I had a friend sign in to try his Madden 24 and he could get into Madden 24 but it gave him that verification pop up and email code someone else talked about. But when he went to play Madden 23 he ran into the same problem. So its either Madden 23 and Fifa 23’s problems or something happened that has my username frozen into them and deleted the games doesn’t even undo it.
Message 25 of 27 (63 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Since Wed 6/26/2024, I cannot access any online feature on Madden 23 on PS5.  Everything was working fine before that.  I just keep getting the "In order to access the online features for this title your account on playstation network must be signed in and you must be signed in to the EA servers." message.

I have tried a bunch of possible solutions, including power cycling PS5 and modem, uninstall/reinstall Madden 23, unlink and relink PSN and EA accounts, change DNS settings, changing every other network setting I can think of, changing passwords on EA and PSN accounts, rebuilding PS5 database in safe mode, refreshing licenses, and more.  I have talked to EA support and moderators on the EA forums multiple times and they don't have any better ideas.

All my other online functionality works fine, even for Madden 21; only Madden 23 isn't working.  I had my friend log into my account on his PS5 on his network at his house, and he reported the same issue with Madden 23 (he can use his own account with no issues).  So, I think I can safely say this is not a problem with any settings on my PS5 or my network, but rather a problem with my EA account.  I’ve done everything I can do on my end regarding the account, so I’m out of ideas.

Message 26 of 27 (35 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Possible workaround – I saw another thread where someone having a similar issue was told by EA support to try turning off account verification on their EA account as a workaround.  I tried it, and it seems to have solved the problem for now.  Give it a shot if you’re still having issues connecting to the EA servers.

Message 27 of 27 (9 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help