Re: why do I have 2 sims 4 games on origin

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

why do I have 2 sims 4 games on origin

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have my Sims 4 Limited Edition that is updated and now another Sims 4 just show up in my Library but it says it needs an update for this one.

I check in my computer and there is not another sims 4 installed except the one under C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games. Plus this new one has all the expansions I have on my Limited Edition. I donno if I delete it if it's link to my old one and will delete both.

I donno if it's related but I did install the EA App and since it doesn't allow to log and play offline I reinstalled Origin to be able to log and play offline. On the EA App it says I own only one Sims 4 and it's a Standard Edition so this might be the problem. Can someone fix this or help me to fix it. Thank You in advance.

Message 1 of 6 (1,527 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey @mllespider could it be the case that you have multiple EA accounts and are logged into a secondary account. The best thing to do is log out of your Origin account and then on the sign-in page hit forgot password and enter any email accounts that you may have. If there is an account linked to that email then you will receive an email prompting you to reset your password. 

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (1,467 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @mllespider could it be the case that you have multiple EA accounts and are logged into a secondary account. The best thing to do is log out of your Origin account and then on the sign-in page hit forgot password and enter any email accounts that you may have. If there is an account linked to that email then you will receive an email prompting you to reset your password. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 6 (1,468 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Well thank you for answering, I checked as you propose and I found that I had along time ago log with another yahoo account for a sims 2 game but that's it. I log with the new password with the yahoo account on Origin and on EA App just to see the Sims 2 store edition on Origin and The sims 2 Double Deluxe on EA App lol

So from there I made a request on EA help to suspend this yahoo account and I'm waiting for an answer soon.

But all this doesn't explain about the 2 games of Sims 4 only on my Origin with the msn account I always used. I did a clear cache on EA app, I delete cache on Origin, I did a repair on my game on Origin. 

So to be clear, here what I see :

on Origin 

The Sims 4 Limited Edition updated (all packs)

The Sims 4 that need an update (all packs)

on EA App

The Sims 4 Standard Edition updated (all packs)

I will let you know if suspending the yahoo account made a difference : )

Message 3 of 6 (1,457 Views)

Community Manager

Good to hear that @mllespider, let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 6 (1,421 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Darko 

Sorry for the delay lol

But now that I'm on EAapp everything work's fine, except some time I have to relog so my games (Sims 2 - Sims 3 - Sims 4) are all there.

Trying to suspend the Yahoo account was so painful : like 5 technicians send me email with different way they were seeing my request of account suspension, that I just let it go : )

Thank you again for answering before and sorry for the delay.

Message 5 of 6 (1,107 Views)

Community Manager

Happy to have been of help @mllespider.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 6 of 6 (1,077 Views)