Re: Real Garbage it won't be on PC

by Mareec3

Original Post

Re: EA College Football 25 - No PC Version?

★★★★ Novice

It doesn't really have anything to do with modders. There is a robust community who have been trying for years to mod and fix Madden, but without access to the source code, all they can really do is swap out things like the type of handoff it is, how the defense reacts to a particular play, etc. 

EA already knows how to keep people out. They were either:

A.     Lazy

B.     Paid by Microsoft and Sony for exclusive rights

Message 71 of 95 (588 Views)

Re: EA College Football 25 - No PC Version?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@Th3RealSpaceTruth 💯 👍 Both A and B.

Message 72 of 95 (554 Views)

★ Guide
@OCEANBREATHES this exact reason was posted and discussed by Matt Brown months ago. They don't want modders to put players into the game who did not opt into it. I think they'd (EA) would rather make some users upset for a year or so than miss out on an opportunity to make a game that has been longed for for over a decade.
Message 73 of 95 (545 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Mareec3 wrote:
@OCEANBREATHESthis exact reason was posted and discussed by Matt Brown months ago. They don't want modders to put players into the game who did not opt into it. I think they'd (EA) would rather make some users upset for a year or so than miss out on an opportunity to make a game that has been longed for for over a decade.

If he actually said this, it's still BS. you can't have the option to create a player at all without the risk of making real players in the game. Does the game not allow for changing players names? Likeness? Stats? Is it just teambuilder that's available? If so, then I'm sorry, you're right. But I do know that modders have very little access to do anything in Madden, so it sounds like a nonsensical excuse to avoid saying "the console companies paid us a lot of money to make it so you need a gaming console to play this game."

Message 74 of 95 (505 Views)

★★ Guide

Please... please, please bring to PC.  My PC hardware can run the game at a higher FPS, with better graphics than a PS5 or Xbox Series X.

Message 75 of 95 (483 Views)

College Football 25 no PC, why?

★★★ Newbie

EA, you guys REALLY need to answer the questions as to why you’re not releasing College Football 25 on PC. It’s 2024, so there’s no technical excuse as to why it’s not coming out on pc, which means there’s another reason. 

What is it? Remember, you’re excluding thousands of fans that have waited for YEARS to get this game back. If you weren’t going to release it on pc, then there should’ve been a notice WELL before release dates were announced. 

Message 76 of 95 (608 Views)

Re: Is there any plan for College Football 25 to come to PC?

★★★ Newbie

They are missing the boat for sure.....

Message 77 of 95 (459 Views)

Re: Is there any plan for College Football 25 to come to PC?

★★★★★ Newbie

I bought Madden 20 several years ago on PC specifically for the college football cameos.  It got my hopes that maybe EA was testing the waters and would finally make a college football game for PC.   I have been waiting for years.  EA had over 10 to make it happen and they failed to deliver.

I agree with many others on this forum.  I will not purchase a separate gaming system just for this title, despite wanting it very much. It is just a bridge too far for me.  I loathe the idea of having to have a separate gaming system other than my PC, so I guess I will just say to h*** with it and spend my money on something else (from another company) out of principle.  But if EA reconsiders and makes a PC port, I would also reconsider and buy it in a heartbeat (and maybe support EA in buying other titles too).

Message 78 of 95 (428 Views)

Re: College Football 25 no PC, why?

★★★★★ Apprentice

Don't know where you've been but they made us all aware at least a year ago that it would be current-gen console exclusive. 

As for why it's not on PC (as a PC player who'd rather play on PC...), probably because it's the first college football game in 10 years and they focused on making it as foundationally sound as possible at the expense of splitting their team across multiple platforms of code. Same reason why it's only partially playable cross-platform. PC is NOT easy to develop a game for--don't let the one man devs on Steam fool you--and this would've been their first attempt at putting the college game on PC. If they botched it, woo boy would we let them know about it.

Second, more nefarious reason is probably that they saw what mileage we could get on PC with an emulator and mods and they want to protect future sales of subsequent games. In which case maybe don't bank on there ever being a PC CFB game. 

Message 79 of 95 (542 Views)

Re: College football for PC

★★★ Newbie

Message 80 of 95 (324 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help