Is anyone else experiencing overly romantic Sims in game after patch?

by Danitsia_TLP

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Is anyone else experiencing overly romantic Sims in game after patch?

★★★★ Apprentice

It seems like my Sims now autonomously just want to do romance and woohoo all the time with little else while autonomous is turned ON.  They will sometimes flirt with other Sims forgetting they are married.  I would imagine that if a Sim has the marriage flag, that autonomous romance interaction would NOT happen unless prompted to.  They don't even use Friendly interactions ONLY romance. 

Is anyone else experiencing this?  Before I make a bug report of course, I wanna be sure its not just me.

<3 Dani

Message 1 of 22 (618 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Is anyone else experiencing overly romantic Sims in game after patch?

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Danitsia_TLP There's an open bug report here

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sims-excessively-flirt-with-others-no-Loyal-Trait/td-p/11...

It's definitely getting worse. My Sim had a visit from a flirty brother. I couldn't calm him down. He doesn't even have anything in his personality or likes to make him uncontrollably flirty. Where's a working ice bucket when a Sim needs one!

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.

View in thread

Message 8 of 22 (514 Views)

All Replies

★★ Pro

@Danitsia_TLP 

I have autonomy off but one of my Sims was 'very romantic' yesterday without doing anything romantic.

Message 2 of 22 (596 Views)

★ Pro

Yes, on the new save I started today.  I accidentally left the game playing when I went to make a cup of tea.  Came back and my sim was being asked to go woohoo in the shower!  Previously, he had only done a couple of friendly chats with this other sim who is married to a lovely lady my sim is friends with..  I considered exiting without saving, but it adds an interesting twist that I hadn’t planned.  

Message 3 of 22 (593 Views)

★★ Pro

This is another situation but the same Sim.

He was 'very flirty' again (after one little kiss...) and(!) the Sim in the background is approaching him to embrace him!

My Sim never met this townie Sim before and the problematic thing here is, that the townie is an adult and my Sim a teenager. This really shoudn't happen. Luckily I saw it and stopped it in time.

NAPs are turned off.

@Danitsia_TLP 

Please let me know when you reported this bug so I can 'me too'

tumblr_d1bf401c47ae3d05a6cf645aaffb1ce7_83510ce1_2048.jpg

Message 4 of 22 (590 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@LennyOgg @Danitsia_TLP 

Move your Mods folder to the Desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game in a new save.
If it works now check for updates to your Mods and CC. Add it back a little at a time while testing until you have found all that are broken.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 5 of 22 (583 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@jpkarlsenI do not use mods or CC and I delete the cache files often. Creating a new save is no option for me. I don't want this to happen to the Sims in my actual save 😢

Message 6 of 22 (580 Views)

★ Pro

I'm pretty sure I watched at least one YouTube video over the weekend where either the creator mentioned this issue or someone mentioned it in a comment. I don't see a bug report yet, but it seems like someone should start one. (I haven't updated to this patch yet, so I can't check for this issue in my game and report it myself.)

Message 7 of 22 (523 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Danitsia_TLP There's an open bug report here

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sims-excessively-flirt-with-others-no-Loyal-Trait/td-p/11...

It's definitely getting worse. My Sim had a visit from a flirty brother. I couldn't calm him down. He doesn't even have anything in his personality or likes to make him uncontrollably flirty. Where's a working ice bucket when a Sim needs one!

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 8 of 22 (515 Views)

★★ Pro
@simsplayer818 Thank you! 💐
Message 9 of 22 (510 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@LennyOgg 

Do you have the Free Love NAP active in the neighborhood.

Testing in a new save is just for testing you can always load the old save again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 10 of 22 (503 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help