[OPEN] Sims excessively flirt with others (no Loyal Trait)

by keljopy

Original Post

[OPEN] Sims excessively flirt with others (no Loyal Trait)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.92.145.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except High School
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play a family with multiple couples in boyfriend/girlfriend/engaged relationships (haven't married them off yet, not sure if would still happen with spouses)
What happens when the bug occurs? Everyone flirts incessantly with everyone, meaning everyone is constantly angry and relationship stats are dropping way too fast to recover.
What do you expect to see? I expect people (except maybe those with specific traits, like Player) who are in an established relationship to not be autonomously flirting with everyone except their SO to the point where it is impossible to keep relationships intact.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I hadn't played a game in about 6 months, but in my last game and previous games this was not an issue. I have played plenty of times before where I have families with multiple family members in different relationships and they weren't constantly flirting with the wrong people, so probably one of the expansions/patches between then and now is causing this (maybe the new attraction system, or maybe whatever is causing everyone to have autonomous mean interactions all the time?). I have a family with 6 roommates in 3 couples, and none of the 6 even have any romantic bars with anyone other than their SO, and yet every time I hit play with autonomy on, someone is flirting with the wrong person so at least 2 people are angry and 2 couples are losing a third of their relationship bar at any point in time (and it's not one specific sim, all of them will do this). None of them have any traits that should make them act like this. The Free Love NAP is not (and has never been) active. It is making it unplayable.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 54 (7,696 Views)

Re: Romance bug

Hero
@keljopy Do they do this on every lot or just specific ones ?

If you start a new save for testing purposes, do you have the same issue ?

Is it just your household Sims or also the NPCs ? What traits do they have ? Would be good to know.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 54 (7,651 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@keljopy 

Have you had any of those sims ask about romance and woohoo preferences of any of the other sims in the household while their SO was in the room or nearby?  That will cause a big drop in the romance bar plus you get negative moodlets and sentiments.  

Hope this helps.

Message 3 of 54 (7,622 Views)

★ Novice
@keljopy I also have this problem, it happens even between 2 sims, one of them having loyal treat. I mean, I really think a loyal sim would not do that to the their loved ones. The loyal one does not have any sentiment about being unloyal.
Message 4 of 54 (7,598 Views)

Hero
@KiraAugust Please use this thread for the loyal trait: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/The-Loyal-trait-is-making-sims-cheat/m-p/11951645#M233068

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 54 (7,574 Views)

★ Apprentice
@crinrict I've only had them together in a couple of lots since I got them into couples (their home lot and one other lot) and it happened in both. I have not had this happen with NPCs, only with the other members of the household, but I haven't had them interact much with NPCs. I have a Maker/Freegan/Creative, Art Lover/Gloomy/Creative, Green Fiend/Recycle Disciple/Loves Outdoors, Self Assured/Good/Outgoing, High Maintenance/Vegetarian/Lactose Intolerant, and Ambitious/Cheerful/Bro. I left them all with the default orientation, and haven't had any of them interact with anyone romantically before their current partners. 5 of them are all nearly 100% in friendship with each other, while the 6th I moved in a little later and is high friendship with a couple of them and just acquaintances with the others. None of them had any romantic bars until recently when I coupled them up, and I've only told them to do anything romantic when they are one-on-one with their designated partner. Before they were coupled up, if they got flirty from watching Romance or something, I'm not sure if they were flirting autonomously with each other or not (as there wasn't anyone to get mad about it), but they never developed any Romance bars if they did. They live in a small house with one living room, so they are often all together and will autonomously get flirty interacting with their SO or from watching something on TV and then go and flirt with one of the the others, making both of their partners mad and dropping their romance bars if they are in the room. It is a nearly constant occurrence.

I haven't had a chance to test this out with another save or anything yet, I'll add that info in when I do.
Message 6 of 54 (7,563 Views)

★ Apprentice
@CGrant56 No. I've only had one sim ask their own partner about one or the other (I don't remember which) once when they were alone, and the others I haven't used this interaction at all.
Message 7 of 54 (7,561 Views)

Hero
@keljopy Would be good to know if it's something related to the lot/Sims or a general issue.

So yeah, let us know what you find with different Sims/Saves/Lots

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 54 (7,527 Views)

★ Apprentice
@crinrict I started a completely new game, made a new family with four people and stuck them in a small house (in a Willow Creek, while my other save family is in Evergreen Harbor). I cheated them all to 100% friendship, but then paired them off and stuck two outside, two inside (so there wouldn't be any accidental crossover interactions) and spammed romance until each couple had a full romance bar, asked to be bf/gf, first kisses/woohoo done, etc. I had all four of them watch a romance movie so they would all be flirty, then turned high speed on and let them make their own choices. They moved to sit around the table and have a four way conversation and within about 20 game minutes, one member of couple B decided to flirt with one member of couple A. The only difference was the significant others in this family got sad instead of angry.

I did some more searching, and it seems like the update that added the loyal trait that changed all the mean interactions so some people are experiencing sims being mean to each other all the time also changed all the romance interactions. Most people are talking about the mean sims, but a few others are having the romance problem. In adding the Loyal trait, it sims like they decided to make every other sim in the game a very disloyal cheating * and it makes the game pretty much unplayable.
Message 9 of 54 (7,485 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@keljopy People having the romance thing are Sims with the loyal trait (although I stopped reading insulting thread a while ago so can't say if people are posting there in the wrong thread).

You still didn't give any of the the loyal trait, right ?

There's also this older thread from 2018: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Sims-flirt-with-everything-autonomous/m-p/7182105 so it's something that gets reported on/off.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 54 (7,465 Views)